Checkerboard Neyland Towels

Issue towels for Checkerboard Neyland?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it would really look cool and pretty intimidating! Good idea, almost look like a checkerboard coming to life!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Where has everyone been? We are doing the 2017 Shake Neyland STORM OF ORANGE Rally Towel Event for the LSU game Nov 18. The Storm of Orange t-shirts will be ORANGE and the rally towels will be WHITE with orange print. Both will be available soon! This event will benefit The East Tenn. Children's Hospital and PINK HEALS Cancer Support Organization.

Reactions: 1 person
I feel like it'd be wild if we did checkerboard Neyland, but gave the orange sections white shakers and the white sections orange shakers. It would be a checkerboard shaking another checkerboard!!! Talk about a distraction for the other team!

Reactions: 2 people
I think it would really look cool and pretty intimidating! Good idea, almost look like a checkerboard coming to life!!!
For the LSU game - fans are to wear all ORANGE and have WHITE Rally Towels. We have matching t-shirts and towels for this event and should be posting them next week! The STORM OF ORANGE is coming NOV 18! :dance2::dance2::dance2:

For the LSU game - fans are to wear all ORANGE and have WHITE Rally Towels. We have matching t-shirts and towels for this event and should be posting them next week! The STORM OF ORANGE is coming NOV 18! :dance2::dance2::dance2:

Might be a little cold for Tshirts that time of year -- Maybe you could add sweatshirts to the agenda also

Might be a little cold for Tshirts that time of year -- Maybe you could add sweatshirts to the agenda also

We are open to offering other apparel. The t-shirts are for promoting the event at early season games to get the fans inVOLved and help raise funds for the charities.

Where has everyone been? We are doing the 2017 Shake Neyland STORM OF ORANGE Rally Towel Event for the LSU game Nov 18. The Storm of Orange t-shirts will be ORANGE and the rally towels will be WHITE with orange print. Both will be available soon! This event will benefit The East Tenn. Children's Hospital and PINK HEALS Cancer Support Organization.

Thats a great reason to get behind it regardless of taste.

After all the effort the players put into a game and you say it's too much of a hassle to wear either a white or an orange shirt just to look cool.

Sure the only reason to do it is to look cool. It does look super cool. There are plenty that dont bother with it and it still looks great.

It all started ith OK stripping their stadium. That looked cool as well, but that Checkerboard really pops. So easy to do and looks so amazing.

Since the STORM OF ORANGE Rally Towel game is already set for the LSU game - We would like to see Checker Neyland for an SEC East game (GA or SC). :good!:

I read this board every day and have not seen anything about this. Good to hear.

Was against. Now for.

Had Steelers fans not already done it, put a copywrite on it, and become world famous for it? It might be a good idea. The general idea is to come up with something original that nobody has done before. Google search the terrible towel. You will learn Dolphins fans later tried naming their rally towels the horrible hanky. You don't see them anymore because they were just ripping off a Pittsburgh

Miami and the white hanky predate the Terrible Towel by several years. While the Terrible Towel is easily the most well known and successful of the rally towel type thing, it wasn't the first. And it's only been trademarked because the proceeds go to a local charity for the mentally and physically disabled

I am sure I am in the big minority here but I am not a fan of the checker boarding, whiting out or whatever other gimmick of the week. It seems when we do that all the talk is about the gimmick and not the game. The game should be about the team. I am more interested in what it looks like on the turf than in the stand. It just reeks of doing something cool. I tell you what I think would be cool. It is 3rd and 2 late in the GA game and everyone knows we are going to run it up the gut and our team has an attitude of stop me if you can. I get a much bigger charge out of that than worrying about what shirt to wear to the game.

You do realize that the players love this as do the recruits that are there when this happens.

No. No more gimmicks. No towels, rappers, colored uniforms, pom poms, cheerleaders, band, wave, 3rd dn 4 what, or even fans or TV for that matter. Just win. I can read about it in the newspaper on Sunday.

aaaaaaaannnd.... that's why America is not a democracy. lol

I am going to go ahead and say it, the older folks are going to hate the towel idea. Im all about tradition but, it is good to change things up from time to time. I have relatives who have been Tennessee fans since the late 50s, and the look of bewilderment that came over their face when third down for what comes on at games was priceless, even though it was played entirely way too much. The seasoned ticket holders are going to be a little more reluctant on accepting new fan fare.

The towel idea should be put into play only one game a year, preferably the Georgia or LSU game, mainly Georgia IMO. The win last year still has not satisfied my thirst for Bulldog tears, I love to see those arrogant S.O.B.s cry.

DOWN THE FIELD! :rock:

I think just Orange towels. It stands out more. I hate tge Bulldogs but i do love how those red pompoms stand out in a big game.

No. No more gimmicks. No towels, rappers, colored uniforms, pom poms, cheerleaders, band, wave, 3rd dn 4 what, or even fans or TV for that matter. Just win. I can read about it in the newspaper on Sunday.

I'm not sure but I think you might have accidentally sat down on a really big stick

VN Store

Back