Checkerboard Neyland for Florida game - checkerneyland.com

Love the initiative!!!
if any insiders know people who can put this out from UT sports side, then the media will jump on it and help promote it.
I think this is awesome and would work!
Kudos OP

Other schools are used to using the interwebs to get information out to their fanbase. Oregon's site tells you what unis the team wears and what color(s) the fans are supposed to wear. I just don't see this fan base capable of pulling this off.

You've got Junior from Wartburg that has worn his lucky shirt to every game since 1983 and he ain't changin' for nuttin'!

True, but i definitely think its worth a shot.
Wartburg junior can wear the lucky shirt under his recommended attire!

provide poster boards either orange or white to each section for a easy checkerboard photo op.

You don't need 100% participation. Maybe 40-50% would do it. Half will already be wearing orange or white shirts. It's like pixels on a tv. You will still be able to see the checkerboard

This is true. It works because of optical dithering. It's how a color printer prints only red, blue, green, or cyan and with a little distance for the dithering to occur, the eye sees a full color image. Would absolutely love to see this done when a blood drive is going on also. Hey, give blood, get a free t-shirt for whatever color section your ticket says. There would be a lot more participation.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah considering most of season ticket holders are blue hairs that can't even use a computer.

Age discriminator! It was your parents and grandparents who invented and deciminated computers in the first place.

Sides, yer just a little spring chicken what don't know nuthin!

This seems like something a chick would organize. I'll bet y'all are the same people that constantly try to start the wave. :)

Reactions: 5 people
Age discriminator! It was your parents and grandparents who invented and deciminated computers in the first place.

Sides, yer just a little spring chicken what don't know nuthin!

Lol not my parents. Poor folks from Greene county on dad's side and my mom's side a barber from Detroit. My parents are 79 & 77. I bought them new cell phones and lol is all I can say. Technology is overwhelming for them.

I'm sharing this on social media even though I'm fairly certain it will flop.

Whoever organized this needs to start a Facebook group for it as well. I know we can't advertise groups on here, but it'd be a good place to spread the word.

My section says white. We just need Butch to come out and tell everyone to go to checkerneyland.com. I will 100% wear white if that happens.

Reactions: 1 person
I always wear Orange. So I'll be in Orange even though my section says white, unless CBJ tells me otherwise.

I always wear Orange. So I'll be in Orange even though my section says white, unless CBJ tells me otherwise.

I would hate to be a white section. I don't have much white in my Big Orange wardrobe. Although I do have a black coaches polo and a black visor

LOL, it's really not that hard, I mean if Aggies can do it anyone can.

Attachments

• Red_white_and_blue_out.jpg
    Red_white_and_blue_out.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 6
The guys running Checkerneyland.com need to send an e-mail to each of NBC, CBS, FOX, local tv & radio stations in Knoxville, Chattanooga, Tri Cities, Nashville. Also to the Knoxville News Sentinel, and all regional print papers with a short paragraph and an HD version of the checkered Neyland picture they can broadcast during sports news or print in the paper. e.g. cover the East and Middle Tennessee sports media with the announcement.

Other schools are used to using the interwebs to get information out to their fanbase. Oregon's site tells you what unis the team wears and what color(s) the fans are supposed to wear. I just don't see this fan base capable of pulling this off.

You've got Junior from Wartburg that has worn his lucky shirt to every game since 1983 and he ain't changin' for nuttin'!

Well the shirt ain't been working the last several years, so he ought to change it up anyhow.

VN Store

Back