Chattanooga

The thing about chattanooga is that it's not a UT town, so all of the potential athletes that would be coming in wouldn't necessarily be favoring UT unless UT starts winning championships ASAP. Alabama, Georgia, and Auburn all have significant following in the metro area, and once you cross the GA state line, it's basically UGA country. If Chattanooga ever started producing enough talent, there's no guarantee it would benefit us.

You obviously don't know what the hell your talking about. Yes, Chattanooga is a UT Town. Is today and always will be.

Reactions: 15 people
Sitting here at my computer in Chattanooga looking at somebody saying Chattanooga is not a UT town. somebody had it nearly right about the splits....but it is mostly a Orange city. Add in the mix...Vandy and as most call it.... The University of Chattanooga.

Sitting here at my computer in Chattanooga looking at somebody saying Chattanooga is not a UT town. somebody had it nearly right about the splits....but it is mostly a Orange city. Add in the mix...Vandy and as most call it.... The University of Chattanooga.

I don't know of many candy fans around Chattanooga. Mostly UT, UGA and Alabama fans round here. (Rightfully so, given location) But its clear that UT is coming back in a big way in Chatt Town. Iv seen more UT bumper stickers, window flags and UT hats being shown off than ever before. Very refreshing to see. XD And the Ridge cut blooooooows!!!

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know of many candy fans around Chattanooga. Mostly UT, UGA and Alabama fans round here. (Rightfully so, given location) But its clear that UT is coming back in a big way in Chatt Town. Iv seen more UT bumper stickers, window flags and UT hats being shown off than ever before. Very refreshing to see. XD And the Ridge cut blooooooows!!!

There were a lot of FL fans too when I was there. GA and AL came out of the wood work when both those teams started winning again. For the most part it is still a UT city. Not sure Who the last star recruit to UT to come out of Chattanooga. Riggs. Coleman did not stay around. Bullock brothers

You obviously don't know what the hell your talking about. Yes, Chattanooga is a UT Town. Is today and always will be.

I did notice at the Tenn vs. Chatt. game last fall that most of the Chatt fans sitting around me (and there were several) all seemed to have a "we win either way" attitude about the game. Many of them were Chatt students but UT football fans and I noticed they were cheering for both teams.

Reactions: 4 people

I Go to The University of Tennesseeat chattanooga

Chattanooga is by far Big O Country; however, we do have a lot of bama nuts here.
I live in Chattanooga near Red Bank.

I don't live in Chatt, never have but I have been three many times and even stayed there a week a few years ago. There are some Bama, and UGA other fans around town, but without a doubt there are more TENNESSEE fans, and it's not really close.

Reactions: 1 person
Hamilton Heights is going to make Chattanooga a basketball recruiting hotbed too.

Right now at my job it is mostly TN, then Bama, then GA. We got one LSU and a couple FL.
I know fans of all of them and Auburn, Ark, ND, sprinkled with Ga Tech and Vandy (only because they are graduates).
Chattanooga sits at the crossroads where people in GA root for the Vols because many have relocated to NE GA. and don't forget that Vol great Bobby Scott came from Rossville, GA.
As far as the public schools go, East Hamilton, Signal MTN, and Ooltewah are the ones producing the most D1 football players.
As far as the last pro with some longevity...it was Tony Brown recently hired as a D Line coach for the Mocs.

Hamilton Heights is going to make Chattanooga a basketball recruiting hotbed too.

They will they already send every player they get to college somewhere for basketball and now they are starting to bring in best players. (They recruit players from around the world and let them live with host families while they play basketball)

[/U]

I Go to The University of Tennesseeat chattanooga

Plenty go there..... but don't support the school. Those who put their money in the school hate the way the system treats them like a stepchild. ....
hence U of Chattanooga...just go on message board and see.
ALL THE UNIFORMS read CHATTANOOGA. Explain that Mr. Student!!!

I'll say this: when they would announce the score of a Vols game at UTC football games, the crowd would cheer when the Vols were losing.

Of course, there weren't that many fans at the UTC football games then lol.

A huge lift for Chattanooga is the city wide ultra high speed broadband network their power utility has deployed. They are providing lots of services, TV and phone, most importantly ultra high speed internet broadband at extremely low pricing. This has spurred economic growth especially in high tech, creating good paying jobs and in turn lifting every facet of Chattanooga life. While being a great thing overall for the areaitalso threatens to pul jobs and new economic development from the Knoxville are to Chattanooga.

A huge lift for Chattanooga is the city wide ultra high speed broadband network their power utility has deployed. They are providing lots of services, TV and phone, most importantly ultra high speed internet broadband at extremely low pricing. This has spurred economic growth especially in high tech, creating good paying jobs and in turn lifting every facet of Chattanooga life. While being a great thing overall for the areaitalso threatens to pul jobs and new economic development from the Knoxville are to Chattanooga.

Fastest network in the US until Google deployed the same last year in a few test markets. The thing I love the most about it is the smackdown on Comcast that came with it. Direct competition. People are jumping ship on them daily and forcing the collapse of their virtual monopoly. Watching one of the most evil companies in America implode is sweet if you ask me. Just search "Comcast" on YouTube if you're unaware of what I mean.

Chattanooga is a truly beautiful place. Some good things are happening, but I'm not so sure it's about to leapfrog Knoxville as the states #3, then leave it in the dust.

They will they already send every player they get to college somewhere for basketball and now they are starting to bring in best players. (They recruit players from around the world and let them live with host families while they play basketball)

This is true. Could be a place for some future talent. Actually the school is located across the border about a mile in GA. Still metro tho.

Had a family friend who played PG for them and got a few looks at smaller schools. But fell in love and went to work instead. :)

What happened to that near 7 footer they had in there from Africa?!?

Fastest network in the US until Google deployed the same last year in a few test markets. The thing I love the most about it is the smackdown on Comcast that came with it. Direct competition. People are jumping ship on them daily and forcing the collapse of their virtual monopoly. Watching one of the most evil companies in America implode is sweet if you ask me. Just search "Comcast" on YouTube if you're unaware of what I mean.

Chattanooga is a truly beautiful place. Some good things are happening, but I'm not so sure it's about to leapfrog Knoxville as the states #3, then leave it in the dust.

How much is EPB's gig service? When I looked last year, it was like $200 per month while Google's was $60 per month in the mid west.

Chattanooga is by far Big O Country; however, we do have a lot of bama nuts here.
I live in Chattanooga near Red Bank.

Welcome to VN. I was lucky enough to poach one of RB's cheerleaders years ago even as a rival from Hixson. Locked here down for life 25 years ago in a couple weeks. :wink2:

The girls were better looking at RB than Hixson. But the guys at Hixson were a lot hotter, of course! LOL

How much is EPB's gig service? When I looked last year, it was like $200 per month while Google's was $60 per month in the mid west.

I don't know. I live across the border in GA. We just got electricity 5 years ago. Using tin cans for data and they tell us we'll get dial up in the near future. :yes:

I've got some time at work so I thought I start a thread :p About an idea I've had recently.

If you know anything about Chattanooga you know the city is on the rise. #RiseToTheTop. Ever since Volkswagen came to the city, its been growing like crazy. VW is expanding soon. And will had another 1500 or so jobs from what I hear. This will bring in more suppliers, Apartments, restaurants, etc

Currently
Knoxville: 183,270
Chattanooga: 173,366

I think within 25 year Chattanooga will pass Knoxville in Population.

The level of high school sports in Chattanooga is getting better. I think that Chattanooga will be able to produce at least 5-10 FBS level players a year. Not long from now. This year they have a good one from McCallie who plays CB.

The state as a whole is suddenly producing more talent. And I think it won't be long before chatt town does it's part to contribute.

Having grown up in Chattanooga (born and raised) I feel like I can make a fairly intelligent comment here. Also, to add to the mix I moved to Texas to pursue my smoking hot wife (worth it.)

The first thing I noticed is that Texas takes football a lot more seriously than we did in Tennessee growing up. It's not a matter of talent or ability. I think it's the personality and the culture of the city.

Football wasn't emphasized very much as I was growing up (84-02.) Otherwise I probably would have played.

Anyway, if we emphasize football more we'll see more talent. :)

You know you're a real Chattanoogan if you use the ridge cut as a slingshot to get downtown faster. The split is a mess though, needs two more lanes both ways on both interstates.

This is true. Could be a place for some future talent. Actually the school is located across the border about a mile in GA. Still metro tho.

Had a family friend who played PG for them and got a few looks at smaller schools. But fell in love and went to work instead. :)

What happened to that near 7 footer they had in there from Africa?!?

When did you go on drugs? I've been to the school several times it's Close to the rush on Lee HWY.

VN Store

Back