Chattanooga Radio saying new coach signed

I listen to them just about every day. They will a lot of times throw out they have big news and then normally wont really come out and say exactly whats going to happen. This time it has me somewhat confused they seem really set that the Gruden deal is done. I personally think its a long shot that we get him. This time though they are not tip toeing around the rumor. They seem to think its set firm on Gruden.

Just some interesting things to note:

On November 23, 2011 The Plain Dealer (NE Ohio News site) reported that Urban Meyer had been signed.

Urban Meyer to be Ohio State Buckeyes' football coach, sources tell Plain Dealer | cleveland.com

Luke Fickell was still formally the HFC at that point.

Urban Meyer, still working for ESPN at the time, denied the report the next day.

Urban Meyer denies reports he's new Ohio State Buckeyes coach - ESPN

On November 28, 2011 10TV, the Columbus market CBS affiliate, reported Meyer was in at OSU as HFC.

ESPN: Urban Meyer Accepts Ohio State Coaching Job | Ohio News Network Columbus, Ohio

Luke Fickell was still technically the HFC in terms of official word from the OSUAD. OSUAD formally conferred Urban Meyer as HFC on the 28th in line with what had been reported by news sources.

TL;DR? It doesn't matter what the AD has publicly announced.

Reactions: 1 person
Fox News alert...Fox news/rassmusson poll has Chucky at 54% Fulmer 22% Joe Gibbs 11% Unknown 10% +- 5% "I think it is clear what Vol nation has to do, and thats a talking points memo" Bill O 11-17-2012/ "If TN waqnts to win they need to get rid of coaches all together and just let the kids play without boundries" John Stossel... "I think Fulmer should come back, because he shows players what big orange really means" The Five...and last but no least: "I have no doubt Jon Gruden will be the next coach, because I paid him to go to TN" Carl Rove. So there ya go...Fox news all over it...

VN Store

Back