Charles Mosley Commits!!!!

"I've known for months. I've known for a while, "Mosley explained. "I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. I started liking Auburn some, but I have no doubts about my decision. I know I want to go to Tennessee and be a Tennessee Vol."

"What everybody doesn't know is I committed a few weeks ago," Mosley said. "Coach Jones asked my parents if they would be good with me going to Tennessee and they said, yes and that they trust him so I committed.

"I came down to Knoxville and being with the players and they wanted me there, not just the coaches, but the players wanted me there and they wanted me to come in and help them get Tennessee back to where it belongs," Mosley explained. "Like Tiny, me and him talked and he just told me that losing isn't what Tennessee does and he believed that the class we have coming in is something special. They welcomed me. That's a feeling I didn't get anywhere else. That was just a big key-point for me."

"It's going to mean a whole lot. Coach Jones told us at the junior day when we were all there and with the Berry twins, he pulled us in the room and said, 'If Tennessee is going to win we're going to do it with instate talent. That's how we're going to do it.' That's what he wants to win with and he's emphasized that the whole time."

From VQ.

Reactions: 9 people
Assuming that Mosley is playing DT, then we got ourselves one heck of a D-Line class. Mosley, Williams, Thomas, Henderson, Lambert, Mixon, Barnett, and Hendrix. I can't recall the last time we've had this many D-Lineman. Even if Mosley doesn't workout at DT, he could be one heck of an O-lineman. This whole class is AWESOME. Boom Shaka Laka.

I'm 20 so sorry for me asking if it sounds ignorant. I've always loved the vols but can't remember exact details from the childhood years because I just liked to watch. Didn't keep up with recruiting til high school.

Is this the best recruiting class we've ever had if they all sign and no flips? Or where is it compared to some of the best?

Eric Berry's class, 2007, was #1 on one site and near it on the others, if I recall correctly.

Also, the classes we signed in 2000 and 2002, were both #2 on Rivals.

Last edited:
Sorry I'm late.

fsbelfortkoswanderlei.gif

I'mma let Vitor handle the BOOMS this time. Figure a whole bunch of them might just fit this commit.

Reactions: 1 person
No idea. We have ten more recruits and two more four stars than they do. They have one more five star than us and looks like that made the difference.

The recruiting sites only count top 20 players. 4*s can be 6.0, 5.9 or 5.8 4*s. Many of Bamas 4*s are the highest rated at 6.0 while only 4 or 5 of ours are. So that combined with them having another 5* is why they are ahead.

Reactions: 1 person
No idea. We have ten more recruits and two more four stars than they do. They have one more five star than us and looks like that made the difference.

According to Scout, they have 8 top 100 players, we only have 2. Caveat, it's Scout.

According to Scout, they have 8 top 100 players, we only have 2. Caveat, it's Scout.

Caveat means:

1--a : a warning enjoining one from certain acts or practices

b : an explanation to prevent misinterpretation

c : a modifying or cautionary detail to be considered when evaluating, interpreting, or doing something

2-- a legal warning to a judicial officer to suspend a proceeding until the opposition has a hearing

Just helping out the ones that didn't major in English on here.

"I've known for months. I've known for a while, "Mosley explained. "I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. I started liking Auburn some, but I have no doubts about my decision. I know I want to go to Tennessee and be a Tennessee Vol."

"What everybody doesn't know is I committed a few weeks ago," Mosley said. "Coach Jones asked my parents if they would be good with me going to Tennessee and they said, yes and that they trust him so I committed.

"I came down to Knoxville and being with the players and they wanted me there, not just the coaches, but the players wanted me there and they wanted me to come in and help them get Tennessee back to where it belongs," Mosley explained. "Like Tiny, me and him talked and he just told me that losing isn't what Tennessee does and he believed that the class we have coming in is something special. They welcomed me. That's a feeling I didn't get anywhere else. That was just a big key-point for me."

"It's going to mean a whole lot. Coach Jones told us at the junior day when we were all there and with the Berry twins, he pulled us in the room and said, 'If Tennessee is going to win we're going to do it with instate talent. That's how we're going to do it.' That's what he wants to win with and he's emphasized that the whole time."

From VQ.
What a great quote!:salute:

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back