Chad Holbrook?

No, you are correct but if he hires a coach that was just fired...cough, cough, resigned...then he is not helping it either. This is truly a make or break hire for UT baseball and he has to get someone in here that has passion and can turn this ship around. The coaches at UK, Miss State and now Bama should be the blue print. There are more out there but I just do not see Holbrook being the answer. Hopefully John Brice is incorrect.

I don't see it with Holbrook. I think he is an outstanding assistant. Would be surprised if this is the way Currie goes.

Just watched a video on the State newspaper website [http://www.thestate.com/] in Columbia. They are supposedly reaching out to the coaches at the following schools to gauge interest: UVA, Louisville, Vanderbilt and Florida!!!! If none of those pan out, then target Calvi at S. Al and Lovelady an UCF.

Amazing to see the difference between these two athletic programs when it comes to baseball. C'mon Currie! GET WITH IT!

The difference being that South Carolina's program has a AAA-quality stadium and brings in significant revenue.

oh...no...:thud:...Holbrook...:thud:...not my first choice...that's for sure...:whistling:

GO BIG ORANGE!

Kendall Rogers‏Verified account @KendallRogersD1 42m42 minutes ago
Kendall Rogers Retweeted Reed Beeker

That’s actually a very interesting notion. Chad would kick ass as a recruiter at Auburn.

Do you think he could be a candidate to fill the opening on Auburn's staff?

I don't know a whole lot about college baseball, but there is no way they land the coaches at UL, Vandy, and UF. Those guys are in great jobs. I don't know enough about UVA.

Seems delusional to me. Yes, just a year ago those guys turned down Texas, a gold mine in a very winnable power 5 conference, and instead will go to the meat grinder of South Carolina?

Don't get me wrong, USC is a top job. But those other jobs are just as good if not better. I don't know what UVA pays their guy, so if USC can really outbid them by a lot that may be an option, but he seems happy there, they have a growing fan base and he's already proven he can get to Omaha and win it all at UVA.

Doesn't hurt to ask I guess, but if you're floating those out as trial balloons you're likely setting your fan base up for disappointment, when they really should be excited with a guy like Calvi (or similar hire).

My personal opinion is that Tanner probably has his guy already. That's why he waited a week. They'll announce very shortly someone who just recently got knocked out of the tournament.

Reactions: 1 person
Really? Well, you seem to know the pulse of college baseball, so I'll bite. Outside of SEC coaches my knowledge is pretty limited. You really like Calvi. :whistling:

Calvi is an up and comer not to mention he's part of Tanner's coaching tree. They need a good, young hire who can actually coach. Chad was a great recruiter but couldn't coach to save his life.

If Tyler Johnson doesn't get hurt this year, USCe probably wins 2 or 3 more SEC series and is in the tourney.

Calvi is an up and comer not to mention he's part of Tanner's coaching tree. They need a good, young hire who can actually coach. Chad was a great recruiter but couldn't coach to save his life.

Sounds good. Do you think UTAD will make an adequate commitment to baseball to convince Calvi or any quality candidate? Hope so. GBO :hi:

Sounds good. Do you think UTAD will make an adequate commitment to baseball to convince Calvi or any quality candidate? Hope so. GBO :hi:

I'd be surprised if they know enough about it to know who is a good candidate. They will do like every other AD has done and pick one person outside of UT and go with their recommendation. For crying out loud, Hamilton hired Todd Raleigh based on the recommendation of Tim Corbin.

I'd be surprised if they know enough about it to know who is a good candidate. They will do like every other AD has done and pick one person outside of UT and go with their recommendation. For crying out loud, Hamilton hired Todd Raleigh based on the recommendation of Tim Corbin.

And didn't Will Muschamp point Hamilton towards Derek Dooley as he was turning down the football job?

It will NOT be Holbrook.

Stay tuned

tenor.gif

No, you are correct but if he hires a coach that was just fired...cough, cough, resigned...then he is not helping it either. This is truly a make or break hire for UT baseball and he has to get someone in here that has passion and can turn this ship around. The coaches at UK, Miss State and now Bama should be the blue print. There are more out there but I just do not see Holbrook being the answer. Hopefully John Brice is incorrect.

Blue print: check!

lol, no. Dooley was a "gift" from Jimmy Sexton. Hamilton basically told him to find someone, anyone, that would take the job.

But the people closest to Dooley are confident he will end up being the right choice.

"I think the key thing is Derek sees the big picture," said Texas defensive coordinator Will Muschamp, who recommended Dooley for the job after being contacted by Tennessee officials about his own interest. "He understands offense, defense, special teams, recruiting and how to handle the media. He's very articulate and smart. He'll have a lot of success."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=4831417

But the people closest to Dooley are confident he will end up being the right choice.

"I think the key thing is Derek sees the big picture," said Texas defensive coordinator Will Muschamp, who recommended Dooley for the job after being contacted by Tennessee officials about his own interest. "He understands offense, defense, special teams, recruiting and how to handle the media. He's very articulate and smart. He'll have a lot of success."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=4831417

I hate you.

Muschamp might have endorsed Dooley, but Sexton gave him to Hamilton.

VN Store

Back