CFN ranks Tennessee 60th in 2014 reg season final rankings

Based on what? We beat 2 teams all year with a winning record-Utah State and Arkansas State-both at home. Why do people think we are a top 25 team?

Really?

When did I say we were a top 25 team?

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Scout.com: CFN 2014 Season Rankings - No. 51 to 60

What surprises me about this ranking is that they had UT ranked between 25 and 35 for the majority of the season.

60. Tennessee 6-6
2014 CFN Season Score: 8.69 2014 CFN Preseason Prediction: 6-6
Key Note: The Volunteers took that step forward with a young, athletic team that got bowl eligible with wins in three of the last four games highlighted by an overtime victory over South Carolina. The two Quality Wins came right away beating Utah State and Arkansas State, but the team fought well in three close losses to Florida, Georgia and Missouri.

I think it's a sham that the Vols are ranked below USCe in this poll. CFN is usually pretty good for info but I think they dropped the ball on this.

You did see that this is based on ranking who had the best regular season, right? Not ranking which team is the best:

Remember, these rankings are based on the CFN Historical Season Formula, meaning it's how good the seasons were overall, and NOT based on how good the teams might have been. The idea behind this is to figure out which programs had the best seasons, and it has nothing to do with talent.

What surprises me about this ranking is that they had UT ranked between 25 and 35 for the majority of the season.

60. Tennessee 6-6
Key Note: The Volunteers took that step forward with a young, athletic team that got bowl eligible with wins in three of the last four games highlighted by an overtime victory over South Carolina. The two Quality Wins came right away beating Utah State and Arkansas State, but the team fought well in three close losses to Florida, Georgia and Missouri.

I think it's a sham that the Vols are ranked below USCe in this poll. CFN is usually pretty good for info but I think they dropped the ball on this.

I figured at least 58-59 but that 60 is just disrespectful!

Really?

When did I say we were a top 25 team?

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Really?

You said we were better than most of the teams ranked ahead of us-that would have to be at the very least 31 out of 60 (a majority of 60 would have to be at least over 50%, right?).

MATH is your friend.

60. Tennessee 6-6

We were ranked 29th in the final Sagarin rankings which takes into account strength of schedule. Much more formidable than CFN.

After years of following CFN, Ive come to realize they aren't any better than your typical blog.

Occasionally they have insight, but they just have too few writers to be able to give enough attention to all the teams in fcs football.

And it doesn't have anything to do with this article. Although I think 60th was way too low. UT has definitely had at least a top 50 season. Top 40 is more like it.

When did we play Kansas or Iowa State?

Here is the logic that is used: losing close to a better team is a "moral victory." Similarly, winning close to a worse team is apparently a "moral defeat."

Please adjust all record books accordingly as the actual outcome in terms of W's and L's is immaterial.

After years of following CFN, Ive come to realize they aren't any better than your typical blog.

Occasionally they have insight, but they just have too few writers to be able to give enough attention to all the teams in fcs football.

And it doesn't have anything to do with this article. Although I think 60th was way too low. UT has definitely had at least a top 50 season. Top 40 is more like it.
The only legitimate blogs are the ones who say what I want them to say.

Don't know why I wasted my time looking, but . . .
All you need to know is we beat everyone on our schedule from #36 Utah State on except Florida. So #36, that sounds about right

The only legitimate blogs are the ones who say what I want them to say.

or that are right about things. Their game predictions perpetually rank in the bottom half of mainstream prognosticators.

And even if you don't go there for predictions, their posts are often riddled with mistakes. like citing players to make a difference in some game when that player is out for the year, etc

or that are right about things. Their game predictions perpetually rank in the bottom half of mainstream prognosticators.

And even if you don't go there for predictions, their posts are often riddled with mistakes. like citing players to make a difference in some game when that player is out for the year, etc

Duh fouq? Dude, I'm not defending CFN, just pointing out the truth. I've been internetting for long enough, and have been to enough of message boards chocked full of tards, that I know that when it comes to sports, most guys will let emotion get in the way of rationality, and thus, the blogs who write what you don't want to hear are "idiots".

Duh fouq? Dude, I'm not defending CFN, just pointing out the truth. I've been internetting for long enough, and have been to enough of message boards chocked full of tards, that I know that when it comes to sports, most guys will let emotion get in the way of rationality, and thus, the blogs who write what you don't want to hear are "idiots".

Ok

I gave completely objective reasons that CFN isn't better than any other blog out there. It has nothing to do with Tennessee.

So I'm not sure what your reply has anything to do with what I said.

Ok

I gave completely objective reasons that CFN isn't better than any other blog out there. It has nothing to do with Tennessee.

So I'm not sure what your reply has anything to do with what I said.

Because I have no interest in defending the "legitimacy" of CFN (why would I?), I pretty much ignored the rest of what you said (because I don't care about CFN), and chewed moar scenery about my beef. Thanks for participating.

VN Store

Back