Carlin fils-aime to DB? [confirmed]

what happens when you whiff on CB recruits. Not that I really blame Pruitt, he had a nearly impossible job with such little time

what happens when you whiff on CB recruits. Not that I really blame Pruitt, he had a nearly impossible job with such little time

Yea JP can't be blamed for not getting Griffin and Stewart. They weren't even in the picture till he got here. I'm certain he will get that addressed in the '19 class. The early sign period made it even worse and a smaller pool of players to recruit. I don't think the DB's we have suck, think it's they are mostly inexperienced and victims of bad coaching. We just don't have the size at DB that JP wants. I'm surprised Can't isn't getting a look in the secondary with his size. Could be wrong but thought he played some in HS.

Reactions: 1 person
Also shows that are DB recruiting has been horrible

I somewhat disagree. I know we only signed one, but Trevon Flowers is a stud. If you haven't seen his film, you should. Also, move Tyler Byrd, and your DB talent is significantly higher. Do we need to excel in recruiting DB's in 2019, yes, but we do have some good talent on board.

Whatever the reasons for CFA moving to CB, I think this is Coach Pruitt's first brain fart. He is the second best RB on the team, and will be needed this season -- as a RB. Maybe the CB coach wants him and thinks he can make CFA a good corner. I don't care. He is needed as a RB.

Whatever the reasons for CFA moving to CB, I think this is Coach Pruitt's first brain fart. He is the second best RB on the team, and will be needed this season -- as a RB. Maybe the CB coach wants him and thinks he can make CFA a good corner. I don't care. He is needed as a RB.

He might be 4th by the time this season starts....

Banks the true Freshman is as talented as Gerlad Riggs Jr.

He was a good fit for Butch's offense but not a power pro style offense. With him bringing in a big RB in Banks and looking at Fuller from Clemson as a potential grad transfer, he wants size and physicality at RB.Thats the exact opposite of what CFA is and a lesser extent Ty Chandler.CFA was not going to get many opportunities to get touch's at RB. Neither Ty and even more CFA are not the 25+ rush's a game RB that wears down a defense. CFA at best was our 3rd best RB last year behind Kelly and Ty but none of them had any consistency running the ball. If CFA wants to play RB he probably will have to transfer to get that.C Coleman, Banks and Fuller if he comes here have the power RB size. Chandler could still bulk up and get to around 210 but he would still have to become more physical. But hopefully he stays the RB he is and can be paired with one of the bigger RB's. If we get to the point we need and have to rely on a 180 pound RB at any point this season then we got problems. If he was gonna be a legit candidate for meaningful snaps he wouldn't be moving him. You don't make those moves with guys you see as a contributor at that position. Pruitt is a secondary guy and giving him a chance to contribute at a different position. Not expecting much of CFA at DB but hope he kills it there. If DB doesn't work I would bet he's not still on the roster by fall camp. I hope he excels there or atleast provides reliable depth.

I somewhat disagree. I know we only signed one, but Trevon Flowers is a stud. If you haven't seen his film, you should. Also, move Tyler Byrd, and your DB talent is significantly higher. Do we need to excel in recruiting DB's in 2019, yes, but we do have some good talent on board.

I think he means DB recruiting under Butch Jones. We really havent had an elite DB under Butch. Sutton was good but not elite.

It’s going to be one of the most interesting parts of spring and fall camp to see how the DB rotation plays out...is Byrd a safety or corner, how do Jackson and Aime pan out at corner, is Osborne a corner, safety or just always a nickel, how do the young CB’s pan out in the new system, do Abernathy and Kelly carve out some PT or fade into oblivion...

It should be fun to watch

They discontinued the spicy chicken sandwich for the grilled variety. :yuck: Just get extra Texas Pete packs.

We still get spicy here around Houston. What my wife brought me home after shopping last nite!

Wrong. Pruitt specializes in the backfield.

VN Store

Back