Cant wait to see Crompton tear it up this year

Crompton will start and be 20 times better than he was last year.Kiffin wants Crompton to start so that next year he can promise a Freshman an open job because Crompton will be gone.

I wished you guys would let up on Crompton a little bit. He was a starter last year for the first time on an offense where nobody done anything. None of the offensive linemen could block, the running backs couldnt see a hole (mainly because there wasnt one) the receivers couldnt run a route or block down field and everybody gets a pass because of the new offense except for Crompton?? It starts up front. It aint like he had all the time in the world to find someone. He was running for his life most of the time and how many times did our receivers get separation? Probably twice the entire season. I just think it's a little unfair with everybody on here being so hard on him and blaming the previous coaches for not coaching the players up but yet when it comes to Crompton, there is nothing but harsh criticism.

I agree ....Crompton looked alot better under Cutcliffe the couple of times that we got to see him . Ainge was caught in a similar situation with Sanders , being shuffled in and out competing with Rick Clausen ...the Coach Cutt comes to town and presto chango he is one of the most successful QBs in the nation . The same could happen with Crompton he has the physical tools , or one of the other guys could rise to the top . It is hard to judge any of the QBs under that train wreck of a system . The same offensive line gave up 9 sacks ( I think ) on the season the year before ...they were giving almost that amount per game . The Vols had a 1000 yard rusher and a 1000 receiver the year before ....but Foster dissappeared and so did Lucas Taylor ( along with Rogers and Briscoe ) It took Clawson 3 games to realize these guys weren't getting seperation . They werent getting seperation in 07 ...but the were used correctly in the routes they ran and had success . Where did the screen passes go ? Playcalling / game planning sucked . Hard to pin it all on 1 guy ...when you suck that bad ...it is a team effort .

He tore up enough grass last year. Grounds keepers should thank him for all that overtime they had on their paychecks.

With a top offensive coach like Kiffin working with him, crompton should be a lot better than last year.

It would not take much to improve, JC was probably the worst QB I have ever seen in SEC ball. I will never forget the Auburn game when he had a 5 yard out on 3 down and 3 or 4 and he stands in the pocket a couple of seconds and throws it about 20 feet over the rec. into the 2nd row of the stadium.

I agree ....Crompton looked alot better under Cutcliffe the couple of times that we got to see him . Ainge was caught in a similar situation with Sanders , being shuffled in and out competing with Rick Clausen ...the Coach Cutt comes to town and presto chango he is one of the most successful QBs in the nation . The same could happen with Crompton he has the physical tools , or one of the other guys could rise to the top . It is hard to judge any of the QBs under that train wreck of a system . The same offensive line gave up 9 sacks ( I think ) on the season the year before ...they were giving almost that amount per game . The Vols had a 1000 yard rusher and a 1000 receiver the year before ....but Foster dissappeared and so did Lucas Taylor ( along with Rogers and Briscoe ) It took Clawson 3 games to realize these guys weren't getting seperation . They werent getting seperation in 07 ...but the were used correctly in the routes they ran and had success . Where did the screen passes go ? Playcalling / game planning sucked . Hard to pin it all on 1 guy ...when you suck that bad ...it is a team effort .

The 9 sacks is because Ainge had nightmares of ever getting hit so he got rid of it if someone got within 5 yards of him. Ainge did a great job dont get me wrong but he did not want to ever get hit.

The 9 sacks is because Ainge had nightmares of ever getting hit so he got rid of it if someone got within 5 yards of him. Ainge did a great job dont get me wrong but he did not want to ever get hit.

good observation . Cuttcliffe recognized the weaknesses of the line and the receivers lack of 'deep speed' . Fast read , high percentage routes , and good route running , and quick release was the name of the game . The Clawfense had QBs standing back there forever waiting on deep routes to develope . They rarely did because the guys didn't have speed for deep routes ...except for Moore who was not even a starter and not on the field 90% of the time ??? meanwhile the offensive line was collapsing because of their weaknesses and their inability to adapt to the new zone blocking scheme .

I think that if Kiffin uses a quick release system , scares would be blitzers back with it and the running game , and gets the right guys on the field ( speed guys ) when they want to go deep ...they will be alot more productive . In any case ...these QBS will be alot better ( any of em' ) if they are not put in these terrible situations holding the ball for 7-8 seconds . Its not a bull ride ...the quicker the better !!

Last year was like Ainge's nightmare year. Next year the offense will be much more simple. Crompton may not be the starter, only because he is a senior and Kiffin may go with youth. But if Crompton is the starter, I expect him to have an excellent year. CLK was a tremendous offensive coordinator as SoCal and Chaney had some high octane passing attacks at Purdue. If Crompton gets his head on straight I truly expect him to have great numbers.

Last year was like Ainge's nightmare year. Next year the offense will be much more simple. Crompton may not be the starter, only because he is a senior and Kiffin may go with youth. But if Crompton is the starter, I expect him to have an excellent year. CLK was a tremendous offensive coordinator as SoCal and Chaney had some high octane passing attacks at Purdue. If Crompton gets his head on straight I truly expect him to have great numbers.

Ainge at least showed flashes of greatness before he had a bad year. Crompton has sucked from the start.

there seem to be supporters/haters for each of the three QB's, just as there were last spring. nobody knows, and it is mere speculation at this point. Crompton proved his doubters wrong then, and he may do it again this year. That being said, I hope to see Pick Nick step up, so we can have an experienced QB going into 2010.

i still remember the joke last year. Fans were heckling Crompton so bad after the UCLA game that he started throwing cups into the stands. luckily no one was hit.

i still remember the joke last year. Fans were heckling Crompton so bad after the UCLA game that he started throwing cups into the stands. luckily no one was hit.

They must have been covered.....:shades:

VN Store

Back