Candance Parker is killing Breanna Stewart

Is there a ruder and more ill-mannered group of fans than Uconners who come into the virtual home of Lady vols fans and complain and whine about all the orange on the wall and lament that we that we don;t show reverence to their team. I get that these fans are not housebroken and that boneyard is a [rhymes with pity] mess but really, learn some manners....

Madtown, I think you are picking up on the true differences between the two fan bases which is more cultural than geographic. What a uconner sees as normal behavior, we see as plain old bad manners (an embarrassment to your family). That is why geno is so despised in the south, we see him as rude, crude, unmanly, lacking in the qualities that make a true man, a banty rooseter crowing on a dung pile. The uconners see nothing wrong with his actions and admire his effrontery. Nothing will change the cultures; there will always be friction and a lack of understanding between the two factions. Another cultural difference: We tolerate uconn trolls on the site; the boneyard will not even post any type of (perceived) slight or negative comment (suck up or get off)...we'll tolerate 'company' and bad manners until we "...get mad enough to kill them". You've just hit the "mad enough" area:p. Hang in there and don't let the trolls and jerks bother you. You're always a good poster.

Reactions: 5 people
Everyone knows that CP is one of the top five players in the world so leaving her off the USA team is inexcusable and that is all there is to say about that.

Reactions: 4 people
But Sport Center is bragging on how GREAT Stewie is playing!

'Cause Stewie's 18 points is so great compared to Parker's 34! but Stewie DESERVES to go to the Olympics

Comparing Parker to Stewart after one game in the WNBA is ridiculous, but I expected no less. Parker is a WNBA veteran, Stewart is a rookie playing her 1st pro game. I think 23 points is a pretty good showing for her pro debut. So what that Parker score 34. Is anyone considering the fact that Parker took 20 shots to Stewart's 13 and was at the line 10 times to Stewart's 8. Try looking at the full picture and not just the total points for a change. What do you think Stewart would have scored if she took 20 shots? You sound like disgruntled Baylor fans who thought Odyssey Sims deserved player of the year because she scored a lot of PPG while jacking up 25-30 shots a game.

Look, don't blame Stewart because Parker didn't make the team. She didn't ask for all the attention and accolades she gets. She never has. Don't be so bitter toward her. Your beef isn't with her.

So what that Parker score 34. Is anyone considering the fact that Parker took 20 shots to Stewart's 13 and was at the line 10 times to Stewart's 8. Try looking at the full picture and not just the total points for a change. What do you think Stewart would have scored if she took 20 shots? You sound like disgruntled Baylor fans who thought Odyssey Sims deserved player of the year because she scored a lot of PPG while jacking up 25-30 shots a game.

That's a flimsy argument. Perhaps Stewart should have taken 20 shots, because her team lost by 30 points and they needed all the points they could get.

If Stewart COULD have taken 20 shots, then she WOULD have taken 20 shots. God knows Seattle needed the points.

Reactions: 7 people
Comparing Parker to Stewart after one game in the WNBA is ridiculous, but I expected no less. Parker is a WNBA veteran, Stewart is a rookie playing her 1st pro game. I think 23 points is a pretty good showing for her pro debut. So what that Parker score 34. Is anyone considering the fact that Parker took 20 shots to Stewart's 13 and was at the line 10 times to Stewart's 8. Try looking at the full picture and not just the total points for a change. What do you think Stewart would have scored if she took 20 shots? You sound like disgruntled Baylor fans who thought Odyssey Sims deserved player of the year because she scored a lot of PPG while jacking up 25-30 shots a game.

Look, don't blame Stewart because Parker didn't make the team. She didn't ask for all the attention and accolades she gets. She never has. Don't be so bitter toward her. Your beef isn't with her.

Both were considered for the same position on the USA National team. Yet a more experienced veteran who is still at the top of her game, was passed over by an unproven rookie.

Reactions: 1 person
Comparing Parker to Stewart after one game in the WNBA is ridiculous, but I expected no less. Parker is a WNBA veteran, Stewart is a rookie playing her 1st pro game....Look, don't blame Stewart because Parker didn't make the team. She didn't ask for all the attention and accolades she gets. She never has. Don't be so bitter toward her. Your beef isn't with her.

Following up on CJ's comment, you have a promising rookie selected over Candace Parker --- an experienced, proven elite player with international experience who has led the USA team in the past and who is still at the top of her game.

Saying "oh, its not poor Breanna's fault, stop being so mean, boohoo!" is a total deflection. No is made at Stewart; I think any sane poster on this board would readily acknowledge she was a dominant college player and is likely to become an elite professional. The issue is that the "selection committee" (Geno?) dropped Parker for this rookie. The head-to-head match up showed why this decision was ridiculous.

Following up on CJ's comment, you have a promising rookie selected over Candace Parker --- an experienced, proven elite player with international experience who has led the USA team in the past and who is still at the top of her game.

Saying "oh, its not poor Breanna's fault, stop being so mean, boohoo!" is a total deflection. No is made at Stewart; I think any sane poster on this board would readily acknowledge she was a dominant college player and is likely to become an elite professional. The issue is that the "selection committee" (Geno?) dropped Parker for this rookie. The head-to-head match up showed why this decision was ridiculous.

Your answer is in your response... "is likely to become an elite professional." Parker is already an elite professional...Sorry but any argument for Stewart over Parker would have to be a little closer to Connecticut. You're in Lady Vol Country and on a Lady Vol site!.. Around here, we back the Lady Vols!

Last edited:
Your answer is in your response... "is likely to become an elite professional." Parker is already an elite professional...Sorry but any argument for Stewart over Parker would have to be a little closer to Connecticut. You're in Lady Vol Country and on a Lady Vol site!.. Around here, we back the Lady Vols!

I don't think Stewart should have ever been the issue. Parker got her shot as a rookie based on a stellar collegiate career, so Stewart should have been given the same consideration.

Both Stewart and Parker deserved to be on the team. There are others that should have been left off to make room for both of them.

Very happy for Candace. She has all-world talent and should have been on the USA team.

The knock on her was inconsistency in the WNBA. She can play like the best ever in one game and then disappeared for the next two.

The theory is that she had a difficult time managing three jobs: BB player, mother and wife. Not a problem for 90% of the WNBA players.

Her little girl had kept her up all night at time and it is hard to see the basket when your eyes are half closed.

But we saw the difference last year and the previous years as her daughter grows up.

I think she will be phenomenal this year.

Very happy for Candace. She has all-world talent and should have been on the USA team.

The knock on her was inconsistency in the WNBA. She can play like the best ever in one game and then disappeared for the next two.

The theory is that she had a difficult time managing three jobs: BB player, mother and wife. Not a problem for 90% of the WNBA players.

Her little girl had kept her up all night at time and it is hard to see the basket when your eyes are half closed.

But we saw the difference last year and the previous years as her daughter grows up.

I don't know which WNBA you are watching, but the Candace Parker i've seen play in the league is in the top 5 in scoring, rebounds, and usually blocks/assists, with a good number of steals to boot.

She has consistently been one of the best players in the league since she graduated from college.

Reactions: 7 people
I don't know which WNBA you are watching, but the Candace Parker i've seen play in the league is in the top 5 in scoring, rebounds, and usually blocks/assists, with a good number of steals to boot.

She has consistently been one of the best players in the league since she graduated from college.

they may have Vol in their name, but they seem to have Conn in their heart. Or Virginia, very close to Connie also...
I'm just sayin'

I just read a 3 week old article from Mechelle Voepel at ESPN.com where she suspects that the selection committee was hoping that Candace Parker would say publicly that it was her choice to not go to the Olympics so they could avoid being asked questions about her glaring omission. The selection committee (per Voepel) wanted her to say that she wanted spend more time with her daughter and get some rest. We will likely never know if that is true... but if it is then there is not one shred of integrity to USA Women's Basketball right now. That is absolutely disgusting.

I just read a 3 week old article from Mechelle Voepel at ESPN.com where she suspects that the selection committee was hoping that Candace Parker would say publicly that it was her choice to not go to the Olympics so they could avoid being asked questions about her glaring omission. The selection committee (per Voepel) wanted her to say that she wanted spend more time with her daughter and get some rest. We will likely never know if that is true... but if it is then there is not one shred of integrity to USA Women's Basketball right now. That is absolutely disgusting.

Look who's at the helm... I'm just sayin'

Reactions: 2 people
Madtown, I think you are picking up on the true differences between the two fan bases which is more cultural than geographic. What a uconner sees as normal behavior, we see as plain old bad manners (an embarrassment to your family). That is why geno is so despised in the south, we see him as rude, crude, unmanly, lacking in the qualities that make a true man, a banty rooseter crowing on a dung pile. The uconners see nothing wrong with his actions and admire his effrontery. Nothing will change the cultures; there will always be friction and a lack of understanding between the two factions. Another cultural difference: We tolerate uconn trolls on the site; the boneyard will not even post any type of (perceived) slight or negative comment (suck up or get off)...we'll tolerate 'company' and bad manners until we "...get mad enough to kill them". You've just hit the "mad enough" area:p. Hang in there and don't let the trolls and jerks bother you. You're always a good poster.
I just want to make sure I've got this straight. If we had a big mouth coach from Philadelphia, who won the last 4 NCAA WCBB Championships, he wouldn't be accepted here because of a cultural difference ?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3 people
I just want to make sure I've got this straight. If we had a big mouth coach from Philadelphia, who won the last 4 NCAA WCBB Championships, he wouldn't be accepted here because of a cultural difference ?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Does the name Kevin O'Neill ring any bells?

What? I was in no way arguing for Stewart over Parker. Parker should have been chosen no ifs ands or buts.

Reactions: 1 person
What? I was in no way arguing for Stewart over Parker. Parker should have been chosen no ifs ands or buts.

sorry,,, when i read "you have a promising rookie" that was about as far as my attention span got for that moment... My bad :bash:...I am so through with hearing about Geno or the Connies in VolNation.

What Candace doesn't need is a case of Zika. Maybe she would like a brother or sister for her daughter. Missing this olympics could be a blessing.

VN Store

Back