Can we trust Phillip Fulmer??

Can we trust Fulmer to make a good hire?

• Total voters

austin_vol

Going forward can we trust Phillip Fulmer to make a good hire? Lot of reports that he might have been behind a lot of these attempted hire.

I would be Leary of believing anything in the media. Haven't we learned this .... Yet.
Let the story unfold for a little while. It may come to a college different end than we expect.

Reactions: 2 people
I honestly don’t trust anyone up there right now to make a good hire. Been proven over and over again that they can’t.

If you can’t trust Phil Fuller than I suggest you find another team. This man bleeds orange. Got fired and instead of taking another HC job stuck around and supported the program. How many of you can say you stuck around and supported a job you are not at anymore?

Reactions: 10 people
Lloyd carr did the same at Michigan in 2008 and 2011...so former coaches sabotaging the coaching search is not fantasy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
If you can’t trust Phil Fuller than I suggest you find another team. This man bleeds orange. Got fired and instead of taking another HC job stuck around and supported the program. How many of you can say you stuck around and supported a job you are not at anymore?

2 posts... clearly a troll.

The guy couldn't get hired anywhere... and he tried.

Can’t think of another job offer he had. Can you?

Going forward can we trust Phillip Fulmer to make a good hire? Lot of reports that he might have been behind a lot of these attempted hire.

What kind of stupid question is that? Can we trust the guy that has bled orange his whole life? At least we would know he is Tennessee through and through. We sure as h*ll can't trust anybody else or the jackwagons the admins trot in and out of that place.

You cannot trust Fulmer. He was the captain of the sinking ship. It was his inability to look outside his own ego that brought our program down in the first place. If it is true that he has wrestled away support from the Haslams, then we are in no better a place at all. Both he and Haslams have the EXACT same problem.......they care more about their own over-inflated egos than actually trying to win football games for the players and the fans. They both think they are smartest people on earth. These egos are what is crushing our program. Changing from the Haslams to Fulmer is like changing socks to cure frostbite.

Reactions: 4 people

He got paid to stick around and nobody else wanted him.

I find it no small coincidence they invent a job for Fulmer, and then all this happens.

I really hope Kevin Steele is better than his 1-31 conference record at Baylor...Maybe the warm fuzzies of getting Fulmer's old band back together with help ease the pain of continued suck at football.

Those in power and accountable in Knoxville should (1) tell Haslam to take his money, go home, and worry about his NFL team and ,(2) send Fulmer into retirement. Clear the desks ...................
fresh 'Vol' faces.....................

Reactions: 1 person
It was all over the Internet look it up . Both manning and Fulmer ok the Doreen hire and Cutcliff is the one that told them to check him out

Yeah and I believe everything on the internet. Jimmy Hyams on 104.5 today was specifically asked about Fulmer's role. According to him Fulmer has not been that active. VolNation just assumed he was. Manning however has been calling shots alongside Currie.

Why would anyone that bleeds Orange like Fulmer want Doerean in here?

While not first-name basis friends with him, I have met him on several occasions, had family play for him, and had family work for him. Everything I’ve heard from each of these is that he is a great guy, very upfront and honest, and bleeds UT orange. He’s been slandered throughout the years by Majors and others, and always takes the high road to these attacks. I think he would be an excellent hire as AD.

Reactions: 1 person
amazing a thread saying firing fulmer was a big mistake.....now we arent supposed to be able to trust him?

wtf

While not friends with him, I have met him on several occasions, had family play for him, and had family work for him. Everything I’ve heard from each of these is that he is a great guy, very upfront and honest, and bleeds UT orange. He’s been slandered throughout the years by Majors and others, and always takes the high road to these attacks. I think he would be an excellent hire ad AD.

Lol.

VN Store

Back