Can we still achieve a #1 seed?

Dougie_D

Can we afford to lose any more? Or do we just need to win out? Or is the #1 seed done for?

Absent winning out, it's probably unlikely. And even if we did, we'd get sent out West with Zona as the 2 seed....

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Need to win out including SEC tournament to get 1 unless their is a bunch of losses by those in front and even then can probably only lose 1 more.

Need to win out including SEC tournament to get 1 unless their is a bunch of losses by those in front and even then can probably only lose 1 more.
If we did that then we would be a lock for a 1 seed. losing only one more and then winning one in the SECT puts us in a good spot IMO.

If UNC wins out including beating Dook A second time they will get 1 over UT in my opinion. Media will just favor them with the two wins over Dook.
Yes, of course. Should have put the qualifier in there. I'm just thinking almost all 1or 2 seed line teams right now are likely to lose at least 1 if not 2 more in the reg season

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
I would like to see Tennessee improve each week and a low 2 or high 3 seed entering the NCAA Tournament is a lot more feasible than a potential 1 seed.
Yep. It's unlikely, but we're capable of winning out. I know I am glad we have a team that is among the nation's best. Can you imagine the meltdown from some of our posters if we lost by 29?

I think this team does not deserve a 1 or 2 seed. The talent is there but they are not that good of a team. Miss St. and aTm exposed the character of this team. All you have to do is hit them in the mouth and watch them wilt.

I think this team does not deserve a 1 or 2 seed. The talent is there but they are not that good of a team. Miss St. and aTm exposed the character of this team. All you have to do is hit them in the mouth and watch them wilt.
It’s a lot easier to say that they don’t look like a top 2 seed (especially after a loss) than it is to name 8 teams that look better.

This is overreaction. Lots of hoops left to be played. We need to play well and win our fair share but what others do will also impact us. There’s plenty of time.

Looks Like one of many steps we need to get that #1 seed is UNC losing and they are doing that currently.

Tennessee plays four Quad 1 games to finish the regular season....and then likely another two in the SECT.
They're likely in the 6 slot right now...so ABSOLUTELY they have a shot with a strong finish (win out? not necessary)

VN Store

Back