Can we discuss the other MLB spot next to Henry T?

RoaminVol

Dat Ninja
With Jeremy Banks coming back and us losing Bituli, it should be a huge competition for playing time. Who do you think wins the job and why?

Reactions: LittleVol
I fully expect Crouch to start next to Henry T. I would love if JJ could win turn it around and win that spot tho.

Peterson? I thought he played on the outside?

JJ inside...if the light turn on we could play Crouch outside exclusively. But if I was betting it would be Henry and Crouch inside and probably Bennett and DJ initially outside. Expect Harrison, Mo Jo, and Baron to play alot on the outside too.

JJ inside...if the light turn on we could play Crouch outside exclusively. But if I was betting it would be Henry and Crouch inside and probably Bennett and DJ initially outside. Expect Harrison, Mo Jo, and Baron to play alot on the outside too.
Pruitt is like a Belichick when it comes to defense. He will probably put Banks and Peterson and Crouch all over the field. He loves versatility.

Pruitt is like a Belichick when it comes to defense. He will probably put Banks and Peterson and Crouch all over the field. He loves versatility.

Hell I forgot all about Banks. Not to mention Eason and French. I just hope someone step up and take that spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: sjt18 and LittleVol
Crouch will start, but then will move to the OLB, because Banks is too talented to play spot time only.

Harrison, Joseph and Eason will be your main rotational guys.

Crouch
Banks
To'oto'o
Bennett
Starting 4

Johnson will also play.

But Harrison, Joseph and Eason will be used in many different packages.

I believe the only lock at LB is Henry T., the other positions will be manned by committee or solid rotation of Crouch, Banks, JJ, Johnson, etc. As CJP says, the person who practices best plays, this applies to the LB position group. From a pure talent standpoint, I think this is one of the strongest LB groups we've had in a long long time and will be fun to watch them mature over the next several years.

GBO

TT, Crouch, Banks, and Peterson. Should be a serious group inside. Plus the group of youngsters challenging. Bennett and Harrison outside will make plays too. Amazing what Pruitt is building on that side.

Pruitt is an underated defensive mind. Our defense as saved us in many games, imagine what they could do if the offense could chew a little clock and avoid 3 and outs

Pruitt is an underated defensive mind. Our defense as saved us in many games, imagine what they could do if the offense could chew a little clock and avoid 3 and outs

It's coming.

And as far as the progression of the defense goes, he's obviously bringing in highly ranked guys. But they're also BIG, quick and physical!

Henry T, Crouch, Harrison, and Joseph all run 4.6 at 235+ pounds...

Then you got Eason who at 270 runs much better than he should. He's a freak like Trey Smith. Trey Smith our OG bends like a TE at 330 lbs. Eason has that same freaky bigman ability.
And then there is Aaron Beasley who is an absolute headhunter who could be factor there.

There is a lot of talent at LB.
French is another dude that would probably start for an Arkansas, UK, most Big 12 schools as a freshman but chose to come here.

Lewis and Willis coming next year...
Man on man! I wouldn't trade this group for any other school's.

I like the potential of Joseph but not sure if he'll play inside. I'd love to see JJP play up to his potential. It appears,imo, that henry t and crouch will likely start with banks and jjp being next.

Crouch will start, but then will move to the OLB, because Banks is too talented to play spot time only.

Harrison, Joseph and Eason will be your main rotational guys.

Crouch
Banks
To'oto'o
Bennett
Starting 4

Johnson will also play.

But Harrison, Joseph and Eason will be used in many different packages.
Banks aint starting.

All depends if Henry T can pick up calling the sets. The defense was insanely better when Bituli was on the field. Having that presence and leadership on the field has a infectious affect on other players.
Losing Bituli and Warrior was big. The light really came on for Warrior.

Reactions: lukeneyland
I believe Pruitt said they want Q Crouch outside. Believes it to be his more natural position, but will use him inside and out as he wants guys who can play all lb spots

VN Store

Back