• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Can the events from today make the Tennessee job more or less worth the pursuit?

alldayvols

Say I was a potential HC candidate, and saw my fans roaring at their AD to ensure more baggage was not introduced into our program?

I'd honestly want to coach my heart out and never turn back with my decision to pursue Tennessee because the fanbase cares as equally for protecting its own as much as any HC or AD?

It’s not going to help because now they realize how dumb and weak their future boss is.

Can we just do like UAB and shut the program down a couple season??

Kinda of a Mulligan?? :blink:

If you love the University and value the opportunity to coach here absolutely not. The fans and Vol Nation did the right thing. This is a time of empowerment and the establishment better get on board. A representative of the fans and student body/alumni should be on the selection committee. Not boosters, politicians, and administrators. I'll say it again, the decision to forego a search committee was unforgivable.

Say I was a potential HC candidate, and saw my fans roaring at their AD to ensure more baggage was not introduced into our program?

I'd honestly want to coach my heart out and never turn back with my decision to pursue Tennessee because the fanbase cares as equally for protecting its own as much as any HC or AD?

Worth the pursuit? It's hardly worth even following the team at all anymore.

If I had no affiliation to this university, I'd stay as far away as possible after today.

No one in their right mind would take the Tennessee job now. The fans are so tilted that if you even have a smidgen, an iota of anything that anyone perceives as improper, you'll be gutted before you even made the podium. And to top it all off, you'll have to win big in two or three years or else you'll get fired. No one in their right mind would want that kind of deal. Not now.

WAY less

Tennessee football could be in deep trouble. Everything was way down, but with potential.....now things look bleak.

Don’t really know but no one can say we as fans are not passionate. And we gave butchy 5 years. That has to count for something

Who in their right mind would want any part of this fuster cluck of a program? What coach worth a damn would want to work under/with Currie and Haslam? UT is now an embarrassment. They are, if not toxic to coaching candidates, a hot mess to be avoided. There's no stability. There's no confidence in the AD, pres, chancellor or BOT. We thought it was bad under Dooley and Butch? We thought bottom of the barrel came last Saturday night when we made history? Just watch what comes next. This class is toast. Watch for transfers. Folks think 8 losses was bad? Well, we play 12 games in a season. I don't think 8 will be the bottom for UT. This was the absolute worst possible coaching search scenario. Hell, 5 years likely won't be enough to begin to turn around this mess. What Currie and the board have done this time is akin to napalm or an EMP to the program. The PR hole is enormous.

No one in their right mind would take the Tennessee job now. The fans are so tilted that if you even have a smidgen, an iota of anything that anyone perceives as improper, you'll be gutted before you even made the podium. And to top it all off, you'll have to win big in two or three years or else you'll get fired. No one in their right mind would want that kind of deal. Not now.

Bullcrap

That fact that a mass of Tennessee fans believe this job is now about as undesirable as Honey Boo Boo's mom because of the administration is simply amazing.

It put on full display how pathetic our AD is. Why would s good coach want to work for such idiots? Currie has to go ASAP

This is. If Currie is fired tomorrow and we place Fulmer as an interm AD, he can at least grease the wheels.

He was supposedly a special advisor for this coaching search. Given what transpired under his watch, I'd prefer to rid ourselves of all of the incompetence over the last decade and start anew

VN Store

Back