Cam Seldon out for the Spring after shoulder surgery

When did this happen? I have been in Las Vegas all week and this was running on the ticker on Monday

Attachments

• IMG_6511.jpeg
    IMG_6511.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 36
We need to pick up an RB in the portal. We are very inexperienced at RB past Dylan Sampson. Right now, our 3rd string RB is a walk on.
I was thinking that same thing. I hate it for him and everyone else, but can’t help but wonder if this is a product of him not training during the offseason. Regardless, yes we need to NIL xfer a solid QB from. Program with less chances and a deep RB room. Who is Bama, Georgia or OSU’s 3rd string RB? Lol

We need to pick up an RB in the portal. We are very inexperienced at RB past Dylan Sampson. Right now, our 3rd string RB is a walk on.
A. A former walk on RB absolutely torched our very good run defense when we played Mizzou

B. Lewis and Seldon still have plenty of time for rehab to be ready for the opening game. Adding a RB now just creates a logjam come August

Shoulder surgery will devastate his upper body workouts for a year. One of the most challenging surgeries to recover is the shoulder. Had arthritis is the AV joint. 12-18 months to return to 100%.

So both Lewis and Seldon have had surgery? What surgery did Lewis have? Also a shoulder?
Yep both shoulder.

Noticed Henry Parrish Miami RB entered the transfer portal. Former 4 star. He was at Ole Miss for couple years then Miami for 2.

Last edited:
The questions I have is,

Is Seldon likely done for the season? What type of surgery is it?

Is Khalifa Keith a situational big back or is he a regular every down type of Running back?

Is Bishop a SEC quality back or a talented walk on? There is a big difference imo.

The running back position is one most likely to have injuries during the season and I am not sure we have the depth on our roster we need if Seldon is out for an extended period of time.

Reactions: AlsaceFreak
Yep both shoulder.

Noticed Henry Parrish Miami RB entered the transfer portal. Former 4 star. He was at Ole Miss for couple years then Miami for 2.
Shoulders are buggers for a RB. Just seem to linger and be persistent problems. Wonder if either will be ready or cleared for fall?

Reactions: WillisWG
Shoulders are buggers for a RB. Just seem to linger and be persistent problems. Wonder if either will be ready or cleared for fall?
Depends on type of injury, if it's stabilization then probably not. Rotar cuff maybe we see Lewis

That's a rough one to recover from. Had cuff, tendon and labrum repaired on one and it was hell. Almost a year to get right and I was in my prime. Just the rotator cuff on the other-not near as bad. 4 months and ready to go.
Hopefully it's just a small tear they wanna make sure doesn't get worse and he's ready for fall
I can honestly say "I feel ya."

The questions I have is,

Is Seldon likely done for the season? What type of surgery is it?

Is Khalifa Keith a situational big back or is he a regular every down type of Running back?

Is Bishop a SEC quality back or a talented walk on? There is a big difference imo.

The running back position is one most likely to have injuries during the season and I am not sure we have the depth on our roster we need if Seldon is out for an extended period of time.
fwiw

if what DeSean Bishop has done has been surprising to him…
"Not surprising what DeSean has done. I say that, he's handled the transition into college football extremely well. We thought he was extremely athletic, he had a great vision, pace as a running back coming out of high school. He's done a really good job of handling the communication system and not being too big for him since day one. Really proud of him."

Bishop totaled 8,347 rushing yards, the second-most in Tennessee high school football history, and 102 rushing touchdowns, third-most in Tennessee high school football history, during his career at Karns. He won back-to-back Class 5A Mr. Football Awards after his junior and senior seasons having compiled more than 6,000 all-purpose yards those two seasons. He rushed for 2,413 yards and 30 touchdowns as a senior and broke onto the scene with 3,179 yards and 34 touchdowns as a junior.

Bishop has been recovering from an ankle injury from last spring practice, so we really don't know much about what he can do in SEC play.

Reactions: LeannaVol
That's a rough one to recover from. Had cuff, tendon and labrum repaired on one and it was hell. Almost a year to get right and I was in my prime. Just the rotator cuff on the other-not near as bad. 4 months and ready to go.
Hopefully it's just a small tear they wanna make sure doesn't get worse and he's ready for fall
Add three bone spurs ground down to that mix and that was my surgery also. 3 to 4 months sounds about right, when you consider the re-hab treatment that he will be getting.

Add three bone spurs ground down to that mix and that was my surgery also. 3 to 4 months sounds about right, when you consider the re-hab treatment that he will be getting.
I thought mine was bad, but add in the bone spurs and you beat me. Do you ever have any issues with your shoulder now?

Reactions: Redleg68
I thought mine was bad, but add in the bone spurs and you beat me. Do you ever have any issues with your shoulder now?
Yes, but I consider them minor in nature. I still bass fish and I have to keep my elbows in when casting or I will only last a couple of hours. I have lived a very physical lifestyle and when you are 76 with that history there is going to be some ache and pains. Just ignore it and move on.

Reactions: bigorangepoppa

VN Store

Back