Cam Robinson/Hootie Jones arrested for Bama

Goodall wont be so forgiving, if he is indeed a top 10 NFL pick - he better have learned his lesson this time

So basically the DA is saying as long as your an athlete you can break the law and get away with it. If it were anybody else they would be throwing these two under the jail. They should fire the DA for not doing his job. If there is not enough evidence to prosecute then the officers did not do their job and they should be fired.

Reactions: 1 person
So basically the DA is saying as long as your an athlete you can break the law and get away with it. If it were anybody else they would be throwing these two under the jail. They should fire the DA for not doing his job. If there is not enough evidence to prosecute then the officers did not do their job and they should be fired.

He could very well be saying the cowboys that made the arrest could have been making their point the hard way. The DA feeling that the hard way might not hold up under legal scrutiny.

I'm loving the bama fans in this thread blaming the police. Let's forget there were narcotics and an illegal firearm in the car. :)

"There's nothing to see here folks. Cows turn themselves inside out all the time". "Please leave, you don't have to go home but you can't stay here".

The corruption in Alabama runs deep.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm loving the bama fans in this thread blaming the police. Let's forget there were narcotics and an illegal firearm in the car. :)

Yes Einstein, but how did they get there?

So far, I've heard multiple conspiracies on how it all went down. What's one more?

Yes Einstein, but how did they get there?

So far, I've heard multiple conspiracies on how it all went down. What's one more?

Typically that does not matter...it's called "constructive possession." Many many people have served time for less...but they didn't play football, much less for a Saban coached team.

Just curious, does Jimmy Johns still deliver cocaine in Tuscaloosa or no? :eek:lol:

Well I guess our justice system is now officially an F'n joke. It IS All about the benjamins for real these days. Getting away with possessing a stolen firearm...how many people in America are going to get away with that scott free without connections? I can tell you how many. 0.

I know one District Attorney in Louisiana who will quietly get deposits of $9,999 into his bank account every two weeks for the next three months.

Money buys a lot of happiness in AlabamaWorld, even when it extends into neighboring states.

Typically that does not matter...it's called "constructive possession." Many many people have served time for less...but they didn't play football, much less for a Saban coached team.

Just curious, does Jimmy Johns still deliver cocaine in Tuscaloosa or no? :eek:lol:

New article says there were 4 in the car. Half a gram of weed found. (hardly high flyers) No one claimed ownership. Possessing the gun didn't break the law, so nothing suggested a further search. No evidence they released would suggest they would consent to search.

There were no justifiable grounds for prosecution under any evidence rule that exist.

Attorney reveals new details in Cam Robinson arrest, why case was doomed from start | AL.com

Keep in mind, this has defense attorney spin. But it pretty well explains why the search was illegal. If a suspect puts a gun in clear view and tells the cop about it so that he knows it's there, that is not probable cause to search.

Would have loved to find out why the other two were turned loose and they decided to keep the Bama players, with their half a gram of evidence?

New article says there were 4 in the car. Half a gram of weed found. (hardly high flyers) No one claimed ownership. Possessing the gun didn't break the law, so nothing suggested a further search. No evidence they released would suggest they would consent to search.

There were no justifiable grounds for prosecution under any evidence rule that exist.

"Police said 'a strong odor of marijuana' was detected from a vehicle occupied by Robinson and Jones in the parking lot of a park. A bag of marijuana (reportedly containing less than a gram) was found 'in plain view.' Jones had a handgun on his lap while Robinson had a stolen firearm under his seat."

Taken from DA declines to prosecute Alabama's Cam Robinson, Hootie Jones | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo Sports

If there is any question about lack of probable cause, the "strong odor of marijuana" is probably cause for a search. Couple that with the four of them sitting in a car together at a closed park.... yea, what do you think they were doing? Bible study?

You're right, possessing a lawfully obtained gun would not break the law. However, possession of a stolen firearm, like the one under Robinson's seat, is a felony.

I'm just curious, is it your understanding that if illegal items are found in a car with 4 people and no one lays claim to the illegal items (shocker), then everyone is released without charges?

**EDIT** There is also this,
"E. If the offender uses, possesses, or has under his immediate control any firearm, or other instrumentality customarily used or intended for probable use as a dangerous weapon, while committing or attempting to commit a crime of violence or while in the possession of or during the sale or distribution of a controlled dangerous substance, the offender shall be fined not more than ten thousand dollars and imprisoned at hard labor for not less than five nor more than ten years without the benefit of probation, parole, or suspension of sentence." -La. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 14:95

That's a five year minimum...a big boy felony. Could I see this being dropped for .5 grams of MJ? Sure. But its still on the table and bargaining power for the DA to get a plea. Should all of the charges have been dropped? Probably not.

Last edited:
"Police said 'a strong odor of marijuana' was detected from a vehicle occupied by Robinson and Jones in the parking lot of a park. A bag of marijuana (reportedly containing less than a gram) was found 'in plain view.' Jones had a handgun on his lap while Robinson had a stolen firearm under his seat."

Taken from DA declines to prosecute Alabama's Cam Robinson, Hootie Jones | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo Sports

If there is any question about lack of probable cause, the "strong odor of marijuana" is probably cause for a search. Couple that with the four of them sitting in a car together at a closed park.... yea, what do you think they were doing? Bible study?

You're right, possessing a lawfully obtained gun would not break the law. However, possession of a stolen firearm, like the one under Robinson's seat, is a felony.

I'm just curious, is it your understanding that if illegal items are found in a car with 4 people and no one lays claim to the illegal items (shocker), then everyone is released without charges?

This reminds me a whole lot of something that happened to one of our players on the basketball team once upon a time. I believe the player was removed from the program. Funny how things are different when your coach is Nick Saban.

The DA is a joke. He said the main reason he doesn't want to prosecute Is because these kids sweat while we sit in air conditioning. So if you play football you get a free pass.

Rape is different than illegal gun posession.

With rape you violate another persons individual liberty.

Illegal gun possession hurts no one.

I see your stupidity isn't confined to just the football and recruiting forums. Pretty much the sole reason guns are stolen and then possesse illegally is for the intent of committing a crime.

If all so important, this incredible smell, why did the other two non-Bama players walk away from the scene with all this grievous information they found? Ownership of weed not established would call into question just how important this supposed drug bust really was if two leave unscathed. You know half a gram, not quite enough pot to spread on top of a coke can.

Then again, perhaps the DA was trying not to have to answer that in the first place. Given they never got around to the fact there was 4 to begin with.

Last edited:
If all so important, this incredible smell, why did the other two non-Bama players walk away from the scene with all this grievous information they found? Ownership of weed not established would call into question just how important this supposed drug bust really was if two leave unscathed. You know half a gram, not quiet enough pot to spread on top of a coke can.

Then again, perhaps the DA was trying not to have to answer that in the first place. Given they never got around to the fact there was 4 to begin with.

It probably had something to do with the gun on Hooties lap and the stolen gun under Cam's seat... but I wasn't there so I can only make an educated guess...:crazy:

VN Store

Back