Caitlin Clark

Anybody else think that offensive foul call on UConn near the end was a little bit hinkey?

I'm sure the networks wanted Clark in the finals for rating purposes. Probably a difference of a few million eyeballs if Iowa won vs they lost

Oh well, she seems like a nice enough kid so go Hawkeyes I guess? Their fans have always seemed classy enough and I am never opposed to anyone beating the Lamecocks in anything
What’s the option? Not call the foul and UCONN wins by one? Then the opposite side is whining.

Anybody else think that offensive foul call on UConn near the end was a little bit hinkey?

I'm sure the networks wanted Clark in the finals for rating purposes. Probably a difference of a few million eyeballs if Iowa won vs they lost

Oh well, she seems like a nice enough kid so go Hawkeyes I guess? Their fans have always seemed classy enough and I am never opposed to anyone beating the Lamecocks in anything
Sorry. I never refilled my 'sympathy for Uconn' jar and just don't have any. Wait a minute. I smashed that jar many years ago so NO!

Probably would not have been called if she didn’t include the forearm/elbow on top of moving.

The situation and who was playing has everything to do with the 'controversy', obviously. I'm generally a 'let 'em play' guy and hate officials injecting themselves into the biggest spots, but that was clearly a moving screen by the letter of the law. The problem is the inconsistency of officials in every sport, and that inconsistency followed by a call like that in a huge moment is always going to create a furor.

Something tells me the powers that be don't mind the 'controversy' one bit, as it increases the buzz for the womens tournament.

Her ball handling and assists are more fun to watch than her shooting it from half court. She's really good offensively. Defense wasn't exciting.

Reactions: VolNExile
What’s the option? Not call the foul and UCONN wins by one? Then the opposite side is whining.

I'm not disagreeing that by the letter of the law it was a foul.

Most of what I saw during the game though the refs were kind of letting them play.

I am not vested in the situation one way or another really, but the minute I saw it happen-knew it was gonna cause some uproar.

Reactions: VolNExile
I'm not disagreeing that by the letter of the law it was a foul.

Most of what I saw during the game though the refs were kind of letting them play.

I am not vested in the situation one way or another really, but the minute I saw it happen-knew it was gonna cause some uproar.
See the play from a better angle. It's in this thread. It's the def of a moving pick

It was a good call. In the moment, I thought it was a call they should let go in that situation. However, I saw an alternate angle today that showed it better. She went way outside her space with the lean and elbow. The angles they showed during the broadcast were not as clear. It was a great call, TBH.

Geno himself said his team was called for a moving screen violation four times in the game whereas Iowa had none of these calls. Said his team needed to go back and work on it.

THAT was the correct answer.

Unless you have a truly dominant, generational player. Which Clark is not. The GOAT of women’s college basketball has been over but it’s really over now.

Your post brings up a few questions for me. I would appreciate it if you would answer all of them.

1) You said “the GOAT of women’s college basketball has been over.” What does that mean?

2) Who do you think is the GOAT of women’s college basketball?

3) Which “truly dominant, generational player” (or players) won championships when they were not on the best team?

Unless you have a truly dominant, generational player. Which Clark is not. The GOAT of women’s college basketball has been over but it’s really over now.

If Clark is not a dominant, generational player, then who is? She's at the top of the convo for best offensive player ever.

Clark career averages:
28 ppg, 7 rpg, 8 apg, .608 TS%

Moore's best season:
23 ppg, 8 rpg, 4 apg, .610 TS%

Lobo's best season:
19 ppg, 11 rpg, 2 apg, .595 TS%

Parker's best season:
28 ppg, 11 rpg, 3 apg, .581 TS%

Taurasi's best season:
18 ppg, 6 rpg, 4 apg, .585 TS%

Well, now, I was just thinking we could shut up about her now. Was that the wrong thing to be thinking?

Don’t get me wrong here. Loved to watch Clark. Fabulous shooter and passer. One of the best I’ve seen. My only complaint is that she appeared to whine a lot. Seemed like she was always looking at the refs to bail her out with a foul call. Obviously she ain’t Zach Edey who gets bailed out all the time on both ends.

VN Store

Back