Caitlin Clark

If Clark is not a dominant, generational player, then who is? She's at the top of the convo for best offensive player ever.

Clark career averages:
28 ppg, 7 rpg, 8 apg, .608 TS%

Moore's best season:
23 ppg, 8 rpg, 4 apg, .610 TS%

Lobo's best season:
19 ppg, 11 rpg, 2 apg, .595 TS%

Parker's best season:
28 ppg, 11 rpg, 3 apg, .581 TS%

Taurasi's best season:
18 ppg, 6 rpg, 4 apg, .585 TS%

I expected TRex to be much higher.

Your post brings up a few questions for me. I would appreciate it if you would answer all of them.

1) You said “the GOAT of women’s college basketball has been over.” What does that mean?

2) Who do you think is the GOAT of women’s college basketball?

3) Which “truly dominant, generational player” (or players) won championships when they were not on the best team?
1. It means Clark is eliminated from the GOAT discussion. You aren’t the GOAT with just personal awards. Is Maravich EVER mentioned as the GOAT of men’s college hoops? No he isn’t.

2. Breanna Stewart

3. Your question is ridiculous. Put it like this. Truly great, generational players make those teams great. They also elevate the players around them.

But Steph is never mentioned as the GOAT besides being the best shooter of all time. Why? Because basketball is more than shooting.
She's third all time in assists. In the history of womens basketball. Your post shows you know nothing on the subject. Only a shooter? Laugable. It's the same as when people claim Wayne Gretzky was only a scorer. Once you hear that then you know the person is clueless.

So if you are the best scorer. Which she is. The best shooter. Which she is. And third best distributor of the ball ever, which she is, then what are you talking about?

Last edited:
She's third all time in assists. In the history of womens basketball. Your post shows you know nothing on the subject. Only a shooter? Laugable. It's the same as when people claim Wayne Gretzky was only a scorer. Once you hear that then you know the person is clueless.

So if you are the best scorer. Which she is. The best shooter. Which she is. And third best distributor of the ball ever, which she is, then what are you talking about?
You’ll have to excuse him, he doesn’t actually watch sports.

And kudos on the Gretzky call out. My favorite sport stat of all-time is if you took away every goal that Gretzky scored in his career, he’d still be the NHL’s all-time points leader. That’s truly mind boggling.

1. It means Clark is eliminated from the GOAT discussion. You aren’t the GOAT with just personal awards. Is Maravich EVER mentioned as the GOAT of men’s college hoops? No he isn’t.

2. Breanna Stewart

3. Your question is ridiculous. Put it like this. Truly great, generational players make those teams great. They also elevate the players around them.

Thank you for answering my questions. I’m sorry you think my 3rd question was ridiculous, but I said that the best team wins, not the best player, and you said “unless you have a truly dominant, generational player,” which clearly implies that you think at some point, an all-time great player caused her team to win, despite not having the best team. Be more clear with your words, and you won’t get “ridiculous” questions.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
If you are talking about GOAT for ladies BB, then it's Pat Summit. Basically invented the sport, both as a a player and coach. There are only a handful who played, coached, has an Olympic medal.

Tbh I'm pleasantly surprised that BOT knows who Breanna Stewart is. Probably found out within the last week

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back