BYU upsets #14 Boise State

Gandalf

The Orange/White Wizard
You guys probably didnt see this but it does give me a bit of feel good that maybe we didnt suck quite as badly as I thought in that game, especially since it was such a heartbreaker in OT. They have lost silly games too but clearly can get up to play football at times.

Reactions: RollerVol
BYU is a bigger puzzle than we are this year.

Both them and Georgia St. are. BYU has beaten us, USC, and now Boise St., but got pretty handidly beaten by Utah, destroyed by Washington, and lost to Toldeo and sort of collapsed against South Florida. Georgia St. beat us, Arkansas St. and Army, but got destroyed by Western Michigan and lost to a bad Texas St. team.

They beat Boise. UT/Bama-esque officiating there at the end very much helped them.

Yeah but I watched most of the game and Boise St. was just off all game. I think they overlooked BYU, and BYU is one of those teams that isn't great but they don't suck either.

You guys probably didnt see this but it does give me a bit of feel good that maybe we didnt suck quite as badly as I thought in that game, especially since it was such a heartbreaker in OT. They have lost silly games too but clearly can get up to play football at times.

So our strength-of-schedule just went up.

yes.gif

Yeah but I watched most of the game and Boise St. was just off all game. I think they overlooked BYU, and BYU is one of those teams that isn't great but they don't suck either.

I agree. If the ref properly spots the ball after that 3rd down sneak, without 5 min to draw up a play, BYU would have most likely punted on 4th. That initial, overturned spot is more support to the theory that cfb is rigged. Romney wasn't even close to the first down.

I agree. If the ref properly spots the ball after that 3rd down sneak, without 5 min to draw up a play, BYU would have most likely punted on 4th. That initial, overturned spot is more support to the theory that cfb is rigged. Romney wasn't even close to the first down.

That was a terrible spot. They gave him almost a full yard forward and I'm not sure he actually gained anything at all.

BYU is a bigger puzzle than we are this year.

BYU and Mizzou might be the 2 toughest teams in the nation to "figure out" right now.

Mizzou loses opening week to Wyoming. Then plays like a top 10 team for 5 weeks in a row, before somehow losing at home to a horrible Vanderbilt team.

BYU loses to a bad South Florida team, but somehow beats USC and Boise State.

BYU and Mizzou might be the 2 toughest teams in the nation to "figure out" right now.

Mizzou loses opening week to Wyoming. Then plays like a top 10 team for 5 weeks in a row, before somehow losing at home to a horrible Vanderbilt team.

BYU loses to a bad South Florida team, but somehow beats USC and Boise State.

Missouri's loss yesterday was at Vandy. They made it a point of emphasis that Missouri had previously won five straight home games by a margin of something like 202-58.

VN Store

Back