Butch on Finebaum

That's the interpretive principle at work within the Bama Beltway:

all things Bama good--cuz Bama always good...Bama never bad...if white man think 'em Bama bad....see first rule, uhhhh, LAW above....all things Bama good...So...Orange Kiffin bad....but Crimson Kiffin very good--cause he now Bama coach....and Bama always good....umgawa!
(to be read in best Gilligan's Island native tongue)

It's true! Bama fans really are among the the most self-absorbed collection of troglodytes to inhabit the world of college football.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Finebaum thinks by season three Jones might have a chance at the SEC East.

Jones says 3/4 of his team don't even know who Lane Kiffin is, it's a non-issue for the coaches.

So they don't know who LK is at all by name?? Or just didn't experience his tenure either directly or indirectly??

Cause I'd be super concerned if 3/4 of players at UT have no clue who he actual is by name.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

So they don't know who LK is at all by name?? Or just didn't experience his tenure either directly or indirectly??

Cause I'd be super concerned if 3/4 of players at UT have no clue who he actual is by name.

What's the concern? It's a non-issue, either way.

Reactions: 1 person
What's the concern? It's a non-issue, either way.

Just clearing up what the statement meant. Do u have some kind of issue with me asking the question bud??

Btw imo 18-20yo CFB players that have never heard of LK should be a concern. Do they live under a rock?? Honestly, I would like to think/hope that many of our players were recruited by USC therefore would know who the Coach was. If that's what he meant of course...if not...someone please confirm the context. thx.

Just clearing up what the statement meant. Do u have some kind of issue with me asking the question bud??

Btw imo 18-20yo CFB players that have never heard of LK should be a concern. Do they live under a rock?? Honestly, I would like to think/hope that many of our players were recruited by USC therefore would know who the Coach was. If that's what he meant of course...if not...someone please confirm the context. thx.

So defensive.

And I'm sure they've heard of Kiffin. I highly doubt they care about Kiffin, though.

So defensive.

And I'm sure they've heard of Kiffin. I highly doubt they care about Kiffin, though.

Thx for confirming...nothing. I figure that would be the case but with the way the comment was worded I'm trying to figure out the context. So if anyone actually heard it and knows the context I'd appreciate it. Thx.

It is a little off topic but it irks me that whenever the subject of Kiffin's tenure at Tennessee comes up on a radio talk show, his leaving after one year and the mattress burning are always mentioned but his multiple violations including the recruitment of Lache Seastunk and those involving the Orange Pride are never mentioned.

Thx for confirming...nothing. I figure that would be the case but with the way the comment was worded I'm trying to figure out the context. So if anyone actually heard it and knows the context I'd appreciate it. Thx.

If you're that concerned click the link and listen to it yourself.

If you're that concerned click the link and listen to it yourself.

Oh darn why didn't I think of that. Duh I'm an idiot. Thx for ur help. Ohhhh wait....i tried and it didn't open up on my phone. Thx for ur help though.

Ohhh and I'm sorry if I come off defensive while I responded to ur snarky response. Seems so many of yall enjoy dishing it out, but don't like it in return. Didn't even realize it was u I was asking Volleygirl, so I'm sure I should be expecting a "warning" msg sometime in the next few hrs....Smh.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh darn why didn't I think of that. Duh I'm an idiot. Thx for ur help. Ohhhh wait....i tried and it didn't open up on my phone. Thx for ur help though.

Ohhh and I'm sorry if I come off defensive while I responded to ur snarky response. Seems so many of yall enjoy dishing it out, but don't like it in return. Didn't even realize it was u I was asking Volleygirl, so I'm sure I should be expecting a "warning" msg sometime in the next few hrs....Smh.

I wasn't being snarky at all. My initial post was in response to someone asking for a summary. The two points I posted were the most interesting to me. If you want more info (which apparently you do since you've posted in this thread three times) then find somewhere to listen to it or try the link again so you can form your own opinion.

I wasn't being snarky at all. My initial post was in response to someone asking for a summary. The two points I posted were the most interesting to me. If you want more info (which apparently you do since you've posted in this thread three times) then find somewhere to listen to it or try the link again so you can form your own opinion.

I'm fully aware that I can find a way to listen to it. I made a simple request originally for an explanation. All I get is crap responses and/or go listen to it urself when originally u were responding to others that didn't want or couldn't listen to it. Do u not seee how that comes off as rude and snarky?? We don't have a good past, and I'm ok with that. Being civil goes a long way though.

I have always wondered why Finebaum had the falling out with his alma mater. When most people tend to love the school they shelled out money to, he intern straight up hated on U.T. I wonder if he was supposed to be involved in a Bob "Chegger Board" Kesling type role and was shunned.

I'm fully aware that I can find a way to listen to it. I made a simple request originally for an explanation. All I get is crap responses and/or go listen to it urself when originally u were responding to others that didn't want or couldn't listen to it. Do u not seee how that comes off as rude and snarky?? We don't have a good past, and I'm ok with that. Being civil goes a long way though.

You don't have a good past with Vollygirl of all people?? How??

Are you trolling? :crazy:

VN Store

Back