Butch live on WBIR

They said his fate is decided and working on timing of announcement.
Looks like they are going to carry the news conference live.

Lyle and Currie trolling everyone so hard right now.

I would like to see Lyle go full Iraqi Information Minister for the rest of his time. Talk about how he shattered Alabama, routed Florida, and beat Kentucky 82-3. Can’t wait to defeat Ohio state in the title game. Oh and just signed 20 more 5 star recruits. Any questions?

Reactions: 3 people
WBIR quoted 24/7 and said "sources say". They did put it out live.
I went back on the DVR and they said it at 12:02.

The rush to be first overwhelms the rush to be right. Lots of people are going to be eating crow, and if nothing else these are certainly entertaining times.

Reactions: 1 person
I hate to say it but the further this goes on the more convinced I am that Butch will be here next year.

Currie has something major working, or he is the dumbest AD in the history of all athletics. I can't fathom how he has remained so quite as our program circles the bowl!

I was at the game Saturday evening. Knoxville is roughly 2.5 hours from Lexington and we took less than 1000 fans. That includes the band. Worst outing I have ever seen as a Vol.

Lyle and Currie trolling everyone so hard right now.

I would like to see Lyle go full Iraqi Information Minister for the rest of his time. Talk about how he shattered Alabama, routed Florida, and beat Kentucky 82-3. Can’t wait to defeat Ohio state in the title game. Oh and just signed 20 more 5 star recruits. Any questions?

"The single greatest recruiting class ever. Period."

I hate to say it but the further this goes on the more convinced I am that Butch will be here next year.

Correct, They don't want to fire him and pay him the buyout. They want to find a reason to keep him, any reason will do.

wbir put out a little tidbit of info and were carrying the briefing live. Looked like stuff was happening.

/thread

Ok I am officially DONE with this guy. Is this whole thing a joke? How in the h#ll is he not fired? Am I going insane? Why does nothing make sense with the way this is being handled?
This coming from a guy that has been more patient with him than most. I mean ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS CRAP?

Correct, They don't want to fire him and pay him the buyout. They want to find a reason to keep him, any reason will do.

"Despite the 3-9 record, we have decided to retain coach Jones. His top 50 overall recruiting class, being in the top third of schools in the country, is just too important to lose."

Reactions: 2 people
"The single greatest recruiting class ever. Period."

Kirby Smart has called me personally to formally surrender and forfeit the next 12 games. I laughed for an hour and told him he must play the games and accept his fate. His wails of grief could be heard in Atlanta. The infidel Nicholas Saban sent a briefcase of gold bullion and the rights to his children to buy my mercy. I threw both off the top of the Jumbotron into the Tennessee river. For five years we have crushed all opponents and we will continue to do so for the next 300.

VN Store

Back