Butch Jones The Intern (VIDEO)

Butchie, waiting for Saban to retire... next in line for head man at Bammer.

haha.... I just thought of all the people making fun of CBJ but he’s raking 7 figures and could buy most of us here. Just a request but can we leave him alone now?

Reactions: 3 people
Interesting that he would accept a 35k job at Bama and be labeled as an intern/analyst. He can't even coach on the field during games. With $8 million owed to you, why would anyone in their right mind take that?

I don't feel bad for Butch. He had a fair shot here and he followed that up with a bad business decision.

Reactions: TrentVol
It’s well past time to move on.

It’s troubling that some still chase him like he’s prom queen, even if he is being spoofed.

Because the mess he caused will be felt for years and he's still drawing a check from UT while making no effort to find comparable work. When Butch moves on, we'll move on. Spare us your indignation.

Interesting that he would accept a 35k job at Bama and be labeled as an intern/analyst. He can't even coach on the field during games. With $8 million owed to you, why would anyone in their right mind take that?

I don't feel bad for Butch. He had a fair shot here and he followed that up with a bad business decision.

I doubt it's just a "bad business decision". I am sure he is required to look for, and accept a job, if offered. And I'm sure he's going to learn and likely benefit from working with Saban, like him or not. I'm sure future employers listen to Saban and what he thinks of Butch.

I doubt it's just a "bad business decision". I am sure he is required to look for, and accept a job, if offered. And I'm sure he's going to learn and likely benefit from working with Saban, like him or not. I'm sure future employers listen to Saban and what he thinks of Butch.

Saban or not, he took a non-coaching position. He didn't take the same road Lane Kiffin or Steve Sarkisian took - he took an entry level job. There's only so much Saban will be able to vouch for if your apprentice theory is correct.

I'm just saying he would have been better off taking a greater role at a lesser program. I think it was a poor decision on Butch's part regardless of the circumstances.

How could I be so dumb - I just realized Saban needed a Champions of Life program to go with his Champions on the Field program. Butch was brought on to oversee that. Ok problem solved.

Reactions: TrentVol
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person

This doesn't make sense to me. Are you sure about that?

I can see that Tennessee would obviously want him to find another head coaching position to relieve some of the burden of the buyout, but if a coach is radioactive after getting canned, there's not a lot he can do about that. And it doesn't seem likely that the school can just say "oh, well you don't have a good enough job/a job at all, so your buyout is null and void."

This doesn't make sense to me. Are you sure about that?

I can see that Tennessee would obviously want him to find another head coaching position to relieve some of the burden of the buyout, but if a coach is radioactive after getting canned, there's not a lot he can do about that. And it doesn't seem likely that the school can just say "oh, well you don't have a good enough job/a job at all, so your buyout is null and void."

His contract required him to make reasonable efforts to obtain comparable employment. See section 3.1.4

https://2michy3wy0l30d34041dt1et-wp...ontracts/lylejones-ut-employment-contract.pdf

Saban or not, he took a non-coaching position. He didn't take the same road Lane Kiffin or Steve Sarkisian took - he took an entry level job. There's only so much Saban will be able to vouch for if your apprentice theory is correct.

I'm just saying he would have been better off taking a greater role at a lesser program. I think it was a poor decision on Butch's part regardless of the circumstances.

Sarks first job for Saban was a non coaching position

VN Store

Back