Aspect
Football Team
Very Very
Individual
Growth
Identity
Details
Communicate

Down beverage when Butch pulls a Saban and gets angry/admonishes a reporter.

My liver is crying.

Reactions: 1 person
If I was actually drinking I'd be completely hammered by now. Near the end of the PC and he just said "standpoint" 4 times in one sentence. Otherwise, not bad. No goofy one liners.

I'm impressed

"I think it's been verified that we're doing the right things in this program. The past doesn't matter. You can reinvent yourself"

Sounds like maybe he's turning over a new leaf

Reinvent the Orange and White game to be a game would be a very good first step. If he's worried about injuries let the likely starters play a quarter or a half and end it. Or put in the walk-ons or whoever after the half. Never know maybe someone would show out in front of a crowd.

I'm impressed

"I think it's been verified that we're doing the right things in this program. The past doesn't matter. You can reinvent yourself"

Sounds like maybe he's turning over a new leaf

Then, I suppose this is really what he's saying: 'You can reinvent yourself, and we all know, that beginning in 2017, every leaf has 6-7 sides.'

I'm still very hopeful, with this new staff.

From the posts on Volnation the majority here believe that you must be excellent talker, speech giver and conversationalist to be a good coach. Good grief, I never never seen so much angst over what the coach says in a presser.

I fully believe had we went 11-1 last season there would still be these posts on here bashing what CBJ to the media. :blink:

Reactions: 8 people
People still watch these things? Butch talking about reinventing himself is cute though, personally I don't believe a word of it.

"I will conduct a full audit of the football program." He Who Shall Not Be Named

Let's make a drinking game.

One drink for the following:

Accountability
Daily
Competitive
Standpoint
Tough
Aspect
Football Team
Very Very
Individual
Growth
Identity
Details
Communicate

Down beverage when Butch pulls a Saban and gets angry/admonishes a reporter.

Alcohol poisoning doesn't sound good at all.

With that said, we gotta add "really really, very very, and resilient" to the list.

Reinvent the Orange and White game to be a game would be a very good first step. If he's worried about injuries let the likely starters play a quarter or a half and end it. Or put in the walk-ons or whoever after the half. Never know maybe someone would show out in front of a crowd.

Again, what would this prove? It would be 1's vs 2's so if they look great then you still haven't answered any questions, if they look terrible then you have major issues.

I like hearing good things about Darrell Taylor. Kid is going to be a beast.

In the same fashion as your post above about having to wait and see, most everybody is getting bigger and faster and looking good this time of year. Time, or 6 months will tell.

NEVER trust what BUTCH JONES says...... remember how they spoke about Darrel Taylor last year (spring and fall) and he hardly played all last year....

Reactions: 2 people
NEVER trust what BUTCH JONES says...... remember how they spoke about Darrel Taylor last year (spring and fall) and he hardly played all last year....

Add Bituli to the list. Iirc, before one game/during one week of practice last year, they said they expected him to get 30-35 reps the next game.....he literally didn't get snap of play outside of special teams.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back