Butch Jones Post Game Show LIVE now

The emphasis on upgrading the O-Line obviously is not showing. Might as well put McKenzie in there as an OT because he isn't getting hardly any playing time on the defensive line. Something has to give here.

Say what you want but if you watched the game he was getting pushed around more than you're trying to push butch down. It was not being able to throw the ball that cost us this game. The coaches had a decent plan but not being able to complete a true pass killed us

Khalil is a freaking FR DT...not a sack artist. Why would anyone blast him tonight? As fans we get upset and go overboard but to blame an 18 yo FR in his first SEC road game is f:((d up.

i'm sorry bro he looks like a bust. it's way to early to know, but so far not impressed by the 5 stars. phillips and tuttle look good though.

I'm just curious if there is even a play in the entire playbook that consists of a slant route. I understand not having faith in Dobbs throwing the ball, which they obviously don't, but give me a damn break with this passing scheme. Every thing is screen passes.

I'm tired of watching them decided to run the ball three straight times when they need a first down to ice the game. Everyone in the world knows what you're gonna do. The most un-imaginitive play calling there is.

The defense was the biggest part of this loss. They let florida score two TDs on its last two possessions. That's about a big a FAIL as a unit can have.

Reactions: 4 people
We would be 4-0 if we just had another O-coordinator. PERIOD!!!!

O scored. They were very aggressive with a QB who doesn't pass well down field. D couldn't hold on fourth and long, how many times? They played well on many series, but there is something missing.

When you let a team score on their last two drives and convert 4th down after fourth down, that's what's called a defensive let down

And by the way, the Vols only rushing three men on the 4th and 14 while using a QB spy why they were in man coverage was perhaps the dumbest defensive play call this year

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
When you let a team score on their last two drives and convert 4th down after fourth down, that's what's called a defensive let down

And by the way, the Vols only rushing three men on the 4th and 14 while using a QB spy why they were in man coverage was perhaps the dumbest defensive play call this year

Janzak and Martinez were fired from Georgia for a reason

McKenzie did play and the Freshman lineman owned him...and I'd say will for 4 years!

McKenzie is looking more each game like an offensive guard. The stars crap is looking like a real crapshoot each time you see McKenzie stood up by an offensive lineman who was nowhere nearly as highly regarded out of high school.

Butch is like Fulmer. He has to have a massive overload of talent in order to win.

Seriously why waste any time making excuses for them. It's been a decade since we've been relevant. Quit lying to yourselves. We suck, we don't win, everyone knows it. The players, the coaches, the fans of both schools know we don't win games. A hunch of kids running around anyways, I have much better things to do than get whisky bent and yell at my tv. Is it so much to ask to just let me enjoy a Saturday for once in 10
Years

Indeed. So sick of it! You should hear what others around the country think of our once proud program.

Thank God I have the Utah Utes to help ease the pain (was just for Kiffen, but now a true Utes fan). With 1-2 and 3 star recruits and a coach that has a pair shows me the problem is again, at the top.

Maybe when Manning retires, him and Gruden will come in and put us back to where we should be.

The fact that we did not go for two at a crucial juncture in last night's game is evidence of the fact that we have a coach who cannot do simple arithmetic.

VN Store

Back