Butch Jones 10 Years as HC

Yes, let's cherry pick the bad stats to support our argument. Where have I seen that before? Page one of the NegaVol playbook?

Page one of the NegaVol playbook is supporting the coach who is 2-2 vs Vandy, 0-3 vs Muschamp, and below .500 in 4 years in SEC.

Reactions: 1 person
Guess the best way for me to respond to this is, he's more than likely gonna have to, this season, to keep me from backing a UHaul up to his front door.

Oh no.....you better back that brinks truck up....CBJ is your boy HAHA

Oh no.....you better back that brinks truck up....CBJ is your boy HAHA

giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 people
Page one of the NegaVol playbook is supporting the coach who is 2-2 vs Vandy, 0-3 vs Muschamp, and below .500 in 4 years in SEC.

Considering he inherited a team that went 2-12 in the two SEC seasons before he arrived, the following doesn't look as bad as you make it out to be:

2-6
3-5
5-3
4-4

Yes, last year wasn't good at all from a head coaching standpoint. But, considering the other options that are out there, I am willing to give him more time to do better.

Reactions: 3 people
I think I'd be OK with 4 conference championships every 10 years. That's a lot more than we've been winning.

We all would, but we're 4 years into Jones' tenure and he's yet to even notch a division title in a bad division. And no one can make the legit case that his first one is coming next season.

We all would, but we're 4 years into Jones' tenure and he's yet to even notch a division title in a bad division. And no one can make the legit case that his first one is coming next season.

Anytime someone tries, it turns into a childish name calling debacle.

I guess I can't think of a "legitimate" case for predicting what could happen. Obviously, Not enough evidence.

Plenty of actual evidence for a legitimate case for it not happening.

Very few are willing to discuss it, reasonably.

Anytime someone tries, it turns into a childish name calling debacle.

I guess I can't think of a "legitimate" case for predicting what could happen. Obviously, Not enough evidence.

Plenty of actual evidence for a legitimate case for it not happening.

Very few are willing to discuss it, reasonably.

I don't think either side could say anything to change the other's mind.

Both sides feel confident in their reasoning and think the other side is completely wrong.

The only explanation is that they aren't as smart or just pulling my leg.

I'm always going to back my opinions, even if I have to change.

Release the Beast!

8 bowl appearances in 10 years
6-2 in bowls
6 bowl wins in a row*
80-48 (62.5%)
30-21 at UT (58.8%)

*Probably longest active streak in FBS

Looks like you're forgetting a few key stats there too:

0-0 in SEC Championship Game (because he's never made it)
2-2 vs. Vandy
0-4 vs. Bama
1-3 vs. UF
14-18 vs. SEC
0-8 vs. SEC West

Do I hate Butch? No. But I'm not going to apologize for him either. He's an okay coach. But UT deserves better than okay.

Reactions: 4 people
Looks like you're forgetting a few key stats there too:

0-0 in SEC Championship Game (because he's never made it)
2-2 vs. Vandy
0-4 vs. Bama
1-3 vs. UF
14-18 vs. SEC
0-8 vs. SEC West

Do I hate Butch? No. But I'm not going to apologize for him either. He's an okay coach. But UT deserves better than okay.

This is a much better way to argue albeit the roster was abysmal his first two years with zero NFL talent. What do numbers look like last two years? Also, if you're throwing in Vandy, you have to include Georgia right?

Reactions: 2 people

To say he has had 4 years is intentionally misleading, though it may be factual. No coach could have won the east with the talented Butch had in the first 2 years. No fault to Butch there. I agree we should have gotten there in year 3. This past season was a train wreck, bad player development, bad apple, injuries, new DC. Not a bad record given the wreck. So I assign Butch one failure in two years.

VN Store

Back