Butch Jones’ players left him an inspirational quote in his mailbox

Think Saban ever needed a pick me up from his players?

Spurrier?

Bowden?

Any other all time coach need a pick me up?

This is as telling as anything else.

There's a distinction between "need" and the players taking it upon themselves to do so. The last time Saban "needed" it, the players were making millions.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow, glad those boys play football. Quote didn't seem too well thought out or inspirational to me. But it is the thought that counts I guess.

So let me get this straight. Your complaining because the players are encouraging their coach who is feeling the pressure from every direction to stay strong? So CBJ or any other coach for that matter doesn't need encouraging also just like a player who comes off the field other blowing a play and CBJ encourages him to keep his head up? Someone with your mind set see's it as a weakness to get encouraged. We all need encouraged from time to time. We all go through difficult times and I for one would appreciate all the encouragement I can get in those times.

You can't stand the fact that the players still support their coach. Lot easier to for you to pile on with with your condemning attitude then to encourage a coach who is human, has children who see's and hear's people tearing down their dad. If CBJ can't get the job done everything will take care of itself. At least be classy about it and root for him to turn it around. That's what is best for the whole UT family.
You're so right. We're witnessing a herd of losers piling onto a prominent person fundamentally to accrue approval from one-another. That's "herd think." However, Hurd thinks his coach is an exemplary man who cares about his players, and Jalen Hurd and all his team mates have the character to stand up for the HC. This herd of negative Nellies are just a noisy minority. When this team gels, they'll just shallowly act as if their "urging" somehow helped. Herd think stinks.

Reactions: 1 person
This is good, it means the players still support Butch, which is what we need more than anything.
Your assuming that the whole team got together and crafted a well thought out note of inspiration and had one of the captains deliver it. Or it could simply be a couple of concerned players pinning a note for their coach and sticking it in his mail box.

It's just sad that a fan base that has been beaten down so much has to try and find positives from a story about a note.

And it turns into a Hugh debate on volnation.

God speed Mr. Jones, please don't become known the Clown Prince of CFB, please Butch?

hopefully that inspirational quote inspires butch to do something different against GA.

VN Store

Back