Butch is simply just cleaning house!

We only have 1 WR committed and have 3 Seniors Pig, Johnson, Von. North could leave if he explodes. Who does that leave us the following year? Talent but not a ton of depth. Worries me

Malone. Plus, Butch will sign 4 studs at WR next year like he did with OL and DL this year

Until he hit a motherbuckeyen wall when OSU denied him another NC (Thank God.)

I HATE Saban, Bama, Kiffin, Crimson, Elephants, Tide detergent, 4-wheelers, Bears, Rammer Jammers, missing teeth, Marlboro Reds, Harvey Updike, T-bags, tree poison, Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, Gadsten, Mobile, Orange Beach, and everything and everywhere else in the state of Alabama except Auburn because they are the only ones who can come close to truly understanding my feelings about the team who plays TN on the 3rd Saturday in October!!!!
E
Rant over

Don't bring up Saban again as an example that we should follow PLEASE.

:)

Our AD came from Bama, he was there when Saban turned that program around by over signing top talent each season. it just makes sense that UT is trying to follow that blueprint as Hart saw it done firsthand.

I agree, has long as UT gets a coach that runs the same system as Butch, we don't need Dobbs having to learn and get comfortable with a new system.

Any OC that takes the job will be told his first day by every coach and staff member associated with UT football that he better base his entire offensive philosophy around Josh Dobbs.... and that is non-negotiable.

Ok before everyone starts having a panick attack over all the transfers and what not, let me remind you that this a positive sign for the program. Yes, Wharton, Jenkins, and Sawyers are all great players but if you look at all the talent that Butch is bringing in, he's simply just recruiting players over. (Cleaning house that is) Butch is simply bringing in better talent than those guys thats been mentioned about transferring. This isn't the Dooley era anymore where we were fighting the likes of Toledo, Utah St, Dartmouth for recruits. This is the Butch Jones era where we're beating out the big boys for recruits. He wants the best players available and he wants to win championships. The way I see it, you're either with him or without him. Everyone needs to relax and let Butch work everything out.
This thread is so....

tumblr_na01r59sMw1smmsbuo1_400.gif

So, we're "Cleaning House" of talent brought in from our best class in years? That class being just last year? Seems legit

tumblr_n84tczjfpe1smmsbuo5_500.gif

Reactions: 2 people
This thread is so....

tumblr_na01r59sMw1smmsbuo1_400.gif

So, we're "Cleaning House" of talent brought in from our best class in years? That class being just last year? Seems legit

tumblr_n84tczjfpe1smmsbuo5_500.gif

best class on paper,.. dont mean how they react to the sec/collage life.. you should know this..but your just here to complain..maybe?..or am i reading your post wrong?

CBJ always reviews each and everyone on the team including himself at years end. Makes changes as needed for the quest of NT, yes it takes a strong and mentally tough players and coaches. We have all seen it on the sideline, he coaches the players and Im thankful for that.

Same goes for recruits, CBJ is always looking to see if there are any issues with Kids before they step on campus. M. Ford may have shown something at the US Army game that could have been the reason we stepped back on him, there is probably a reason why he signed at Rutgers instead of waiting for SEC to come after him. Big news from that game had us all excited about him.

I have no facts to present this to be factual so don't send any beat down on MF.

Really guys, this is so ridiculous on many fronts but let me point out a few. Just about everyone on here has been critical for two years on coach Bak. Myself included so what is the complaint about? Two when you sign the type and size of our last two classes we damn sure are going to turn some player's over. Butch is a tough task manager so the weak will not survive. A lot of this is really emotion about Vic Wharton, a legacy who was our first recruit of the turnaround era. He bled orange. It may be Vic stays but if he doesn't it is not because he was treated badly. Butch has talked him up, Butch has gone over board in surrounding himself with VFL, so you can bet your last dollar this is up to Vic. If you want to play for Tennessee you can't just talk the talk you gotta walk the walk. Some kids fail because it is a grind. LSU just lost a 5 star DT that is leaving their program along with some other players who started. This type of thing happens when a program is loaded and we are.

best class on paper,.. dont mean how they react to the sec/collage life.. you should know this..but your just here to complain..maybe?..or am i reading your post wrong?

You're not reading his post wrong. He is here to "challenge" the other Volnation posters. It's what he does. Pay no attention.

Very interesting, I'm sure he means the OC has much as anyone, it was apparent at many times this past season that he was in way over his head.

It seems obvious that he was asked to look around for a new home just like many of the players are being asked to as well.

I seriously doubt he had Coach Jake in mind with that tweet, especially considering CJ appears to be leaving for either an NFL job or a HC job in CFB (and for any that might say that is a downward move I would say look at how many current and past D1 coaches started their HC careers at a MAC school). That doesn't reflect soft; it reflects career advancement, hich is what all of us are about. Also, I thought the OC's playcalling improved significantly once he had a QB that could run the offense closer to what he and Butch want.

He has to. You can only have a total of 85 scholarship players. Right now the roster with the early enrollees sits at about 71 or 72 scholarship players if I'm counting correctly. Someone can please verify. That means he can only have 13 or 14 more players enroll and he has 18 hard commits. He needs to get the current roster down to 67 scholarship players to have room for these additional 18. Or more then he needs to get it to maybe 65?

I wish I could like this 1000 times. I've been saying this in other threads. We have to make room. Plus, it is not healthy to have 32 players in one class. It only lets you have around 17-18 in each of your other three classes:

85 - 32 = 53

53 / 3 = 17.7

This imbalance would not be healthy for the long term success of the program. So, you keep your best of the 32, and let the ones who can't make it/are problems go elsewhere.

The problem he felt slighted because he did not get the playing time he DESERVED is the problem. He did not DESERVE any playing time. He had to earn playing time just like everyone else did.

Now I'm confused.......because he started the last two games of the season. And started even over Malone. And we all saw in warm ups and practices that Malone wasn't even really hurt. The coaches even said that Wharton was working his tail off. That's why this just does not make any sense

I've always thought an important variable regarding what talent sticks or leaves is the ongoing relationship with position coaches. It's just not possible for CBJ to have that front line relationship with 85 players. A recruit may be swayed by CBJ, but buys in for other reasons after coming on campus. No one stays for the head coach.

Coaches do have "favorites", for lack of a better word for different reasons: work ethic, game execution, conditioning attitude, etc. At the end of the "do I leave or not" process is the huge disconnect. Coaches know as players progress if they are meeting whatever expectations are laid down in the coaches' meetings.

Attrition from year to year is a fixed variable and, unfortunately, does affect the continuity of the program.

CBJ may well be accurate, every year, when he pulls out the youth label.

If so many of the guys Butch recruited last year are "soft" and "dead weight", why would you be so confident in the guys he is bringing in this year?

If Jones is "cleaning house" as OP suggests, then it's his own mess he is cleaning up with these players.

Not Dooley.

Not Kiffin.

Not Fulmer.

But guys that Jones has recruited and apparently felt he has whiffed on if he is actually showing them the door.

I think the need to clean house is directly related to our balance of players who are underclassmen. If we had a full recruiting class graduating it would not seem so bad. Until the program is balanced we will continue to see this happen. You can't bring in new talent without others leaving either through graduation, leaving early for the NFL, or transferring.

Long time lurker, first time poster.
Get the best talent that you can. If it means replacing someone from last year (who was the best that you could get at the time) then do it. If you continually cut from the bottom and add to the top, the program will have better talent and in theory be better for it.

Reactions: 1 person
It happens to all teams when players realize that they probably won't see the field or don't fit the system. USC lost two yesterday, a LB, who played in 12 games last year, and a 4 star FR WR

#USC linebacker Uchenna Nwosu is not enrolled in school for spring semester
USC Football News ‏@USCFootballNews · Jan 21
Rahshead Johnson Will Reportedly Transfer

It happens to all teams when players realize that they probably won't see the field or don't fit the system. USC lost two yesterday, a LB, who played in 12 games last year, and a 4 star FR WR

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Facts. Logic. :crazy: My eyes are blinded, turn away. Quick, somebody spew some argumentative speculative garbage so I can return to volnation normalcy.

Replacing coach Jake is a good move in my opinion. What has he done since he's been here that makes you think losing him is a bad thing?

Lets be careful for what we ask for. I remember years ago, we complained about Chavis and his prevent defense that got us beat by UGA & Florida. We wished that he would leave. He did!
In return, we got Wilcox, who wasn't bad. THen we got Sal who was bad. very bad!

[Attrition from year to year is a fixed variable and, unfortunately, does affect the continuity of the program.

Common core math concept ?

VN Store

Back