Butch @ FHU Tonight– Roll Call

IMB

Butch is speaking tonight at Freed–Hardeman University tonight @ 6:45.

Who's going?

I know I'll be there! :dance2::clapping:

For those going, please post updates for the rest of us. :hi:

When I graduated from there in 2010 I said it would take a lot to get me back on campus. Butch will get me back there tonight and then Peyton will again in December. I went to all of the sports banquets during my college days. Bruce Pearl and Ozzie Smith were by far my favorites.

Reactions: 2 people
So how was it?

It was really a great experience.

Butch spoke for about an hour and talked about the past recruiting class and how Guarantano's dad played for him back in the day. How he uses business ethics and principles to lead the team. Spoke about his family and how he tries to be a father figure for all the players.
Said the is the best team he has ever coached as fair as the leadership.

Spoke about JRM addressing the team with a presentation showing the miscues of practice (including his own) and calling the team to a higher standard

Told us what the motto for the team will be next year (he said we were the first to know and made us promise not to tell).

Then he fielding questions from the audience.

I was blown away by how articulate and confident he was speaking. Butch is obviously a very intelligent person with a lot of drive and motivation. I was already pro-Butch, but tonight left me very impressed.

The whole crowd went away electrified––one of those things you can just feel

Reactions: 10 people
As a former undergrad and current grad student at FHU, I really wish that I could've gone! Peyton has a waiting list already for the fall!

FHU has come a long way since I was a kid. I grew there and family still lives there. Great small town. FHU has the best speaker series of any college I've ever heard of...

Reactions: 3 people
COC people really dish out the cash to get some big names to come to FHU

My parents pleaded with me to go to college there instead of UT. There was no way for me to do that. At 18, I was maxed out on COC doctrine and felt a dire need to detox myself of it. I did and I have no regrets.

It was really a great experience.

Butch spoke for about an hour and talked about the past recruiting class and how Guarantano's dad played for him back in the day. How he uses business ethics and principles to lead the team. Spoke about his family and how he tries to be a father figure for all the players.
Said the is the best team he has ever coached as fair as the leadership.

Spoke about JRM addressing the team with a presentation showing the miscues of practice (including his own) and calling the team to a higher standard

Told us what the motto for the team will be next year (he said we were the first to know and made us promise not to tell).

Then he fielding questions from the audience.

I was blown away by how articulate and confident he was speaking. Butch is obviously a very intelligent person with a lot of drive and motivation. I was already pro-Butch, but tonight left me very impressed.

The whole crowd went away electrified––one of those things you can just feel

Thanks, IMB, for the backbrief. :good!:

But I think it's okay for you to share the Team 120 motto. As bright as Butch is, he certainly knows that you can't keep a secret by sharing it with several hundred folks you've never met before. I think he was just being a bit coy with the audience, increasing the "insider" feeling of being at the event. Butch knows word is very quickly going to spread now. In point of fact, by any definition, he publicly announced it last night, to you and the crowd. :hi:

Thanks again for your insights!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back