Butch deserves NO Raise and NO extension

I agree no raise. He has replicated what Coach Fulmer did 95% of the time while at UT.

95% of what? 152 wins....or 95% of a national title.... or 95% of winning 75% of his games? Or 95% of a National Coach of the Year Award?

The only things that Jones has replicated from the Fulmer Era at this point is a 5 win season (which Fulmer did only twice in 16 full seasons) and an 8 win season, which he did 3 times....he typically won 9 or more games, which was 11 of 16 times. I'm sure Jones would love to replicate 95% of Fulmer's career...perhaps if he does, he'll wind up in the Coaches College Hall of Fame as well.

Last edited:
95% of what? 152 wins....or 95% of a national title.... or 95% of winning 75% of his games? Or 95% of a National Coach of the Year Award?

The only things that Jones has replicated from the Fulmer Era at this point is a 5 win season (which Fulmer did only twice in 16 full seasons) and an 8 win season, which he did 3 times....he typically won 9 or more games, which was 11 of 16 times. I'm sure Jones would love to replicate 95% of Fulmer's career...perhaps if he does, he'll wind up in the Coaches College Hall of Fame as well, and fired from the coaching job that got him into the hall of fame.

:hi: FYP

VN Store

Back