Bussey's Replacement?

Pretty sure Busseys injury was CBJs reason for asking for the Blueshirt. Bussey is a great prospect and wish he were healthy and stayed with us. Kelly will be good tho!

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty sure Busseys injury was CBJs reason for asking for the Blueshirt. Bussey is a great prospect and wish he were healthy and stayed with us. Kelly will be good tho!

Makes zero sense that Bussey's visit on the 30th would have been an UOV. If Butch told them that UT was not paying for visit, they would have known his offer was no good and would not have shown up IMO.

I really liked Bussey and to me it seemed more logical to ask Lovingood to blue shirt in order to keep Bussey in this class. Still an awesome class top to bottom.

I am with you on this one brother. I really, really wanted Bussey in this class. I believe this one may be second-guessed down the road. Lovingood would have made more sense to be asked to blue shirt and he probably would not have gone anywhere else I do not believe.

Nonetheless, I am stoked about this class. Oooh, I think I just boomed again............. :)

Would rather have fought for Newsome than Bussey but can't complain.

Would rather have fought for Newsome than Bussey but can't complain.

We could never get Newsome's parents on board to even come visit. I think he was all Vol, but parents not even open to us as an option. Van Jefferson part 2 without a "Housewife of Atlanta" for a mom.

Makes zero sense that Bussey's visit on the 30th would have been an UOV. If Butch told them that UT was not paying for visit, they would have known his offer was no good and would not have shown up IMO.

It was an UOV and no in-homes-- after taking Kelly, a GS/BS may have been Plan B all along. Perhaps Bussey's father wanted to meet with Butch and candidly discuss options so they could make the best choice.

Not according to LV for some reason. Just another chance for CBJ to be shady.

I think his point is that this past weekend's visit for Bussey was an official...if so he couldn't have been blueshirted...only gray shirted.

If there is a chance for a negative spin, LV is on it regardless of facts. Blue shirts are well defined in spite of his opinion.

Dave Hooker is the worst at the concept...he butchered an explanation this morning...after Ryan Bartow explained it to him the night before. He also tried to insinuate it was something that was "not good for the kids because what happens if the coaches change their minds?" A Blueshirt is never going to be abused, because you're asking a recruit to commit without coaches visiting or being given the proper official visit treatment... Who does that? Only a selfless kid who loves a program who is willing to take a leap of faith. If a coach repeals such an offer, they'd never recover from the credibility and PR mess, so these offers will be few and far between.

Reactions: 2 people
I think his point is that this past weekend's visit for Bussey was an official...if so he couldn't have been blueshirted...only gray shirted.

Yeah I get that...it's just his redundant negativity. He has to put is "spin" on everything to make it seem much worse than it is in reality. Bussey took the A&M visit so the situation changed and he isn't a Vol. That's the bottom line. Not everything is shady tactics and trying to screw kids over.

I think we can put Bruce up there in depth. He could definitely carry the ball in a pinch. I want to see him
after a couple of years s&c program and something to prove. Kid could be a great one down the line.

Dave Hooker is the worst at the concept...he butchered an explanation this morning...after Ryan Bartow explained it to him the night before. He also tried to insinuate it was something that was "not good for the kids because what happens if the coaches change their minds?" A Blueshirt is never going to be abused, because you're asking a recruit to commit without coaches visiting or being given the proper official visit treatment... Who does that? Only a selfless kid who loves a program who is willing to take a leap of faith. If a coach repeals such an offer, they'd never recover from the credibility and PR mess, so these offers will be few and far between.

Agreed. Blueshirts will be honored. No way the staff would be willing to take the hit in that situation.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah I get that...it's just his redundant negativity. He has to put is "spin" on everything to make it seem much worse than it is in reality. Bussey took the A&M visit so the situation changed and he isn't a Vol. That's the bottom line. Not everything is shady tactics and trying to screw kids over.

Right with you.

My reasoning for questioning the Bussey visit was nothing to do with UT being negative at all. Imo, just another instance of a poster like yourself trying to find a reason to complain or put a "spin" on/about what I had to say. Its cool.

I'm able to look at things and be objective. Here is my reasoning AGAIN.

If I'm a recruit and or parent of a recruit with Bussey's offer list why would I being in Louisiana and committed to Tennessee not fully expect the visit to UT the weekend before NSD to be an OV? Stay with me here for a moment.

Why would I have to pay to go from Louisiana to Knoxville myself when the school we are committed to should be paying the bill? Only 1 reason. The offer is no longer going to be honored as was previously thought. It's just that simple. Why would I pay out of pocket to go visit the school who does not see us worth the cost of an OV and or regular scholarship offer? They had just visited A&M, where dad wanted him all along, and that offer was no questions asked.

Being objective and not putting a negative "spin" on it. Imo the visit to UT and paying for it out of pocket didn't make much sense at all. Jmo

Last edited:

VN Store

Back