Budget Tablet Advice

I purchased a Whirlpool dishwasher at Lowes on Sunday. The earliest they could deliver was the 14th and then I would have to wait for install. Their install wasn't free, but I used Best Buy's free installation deal that they were running to get $120 knocked off. The unit I originally wanted to get, an LG, I had filled out all the paperwork when the sales guy got a call and was told it would be February before the dishwasher was in. So I went with the Whirlpool (sales guys there were really pushing away from LG...not sure if tactic or not). Then yesterday I get a call that the Whirlpool wouldn't be to the local warehouse until the 21st, would take a few days to deliver it to the house and then after that they had a 2 week window for install. So I cancelled the Lowes one and went to Best Buy. Got a Kitchen Aid, $20 install (special they were having for Kitchen Aid only) and it will be installed next week. They had the LG, but having sales guys at Best Buy, Home Depot and Lowes all really push the KitchenAid, I went that route.

I also got the wife a tablet so I could piggyback it with the Dishwasher so get the no interest deal...I mean, free money. I got her the Acer Icona A1-840. It is the latest version with the 4.4 software and 8" screen. Wasn't on sale, but at $139, thought it was decent deal plus if it goes on sale at Best Buy before Xmas, I'll just go in and either return it and re-buy or see if they will honor the price difference.

I purchased a Whirlpool dishwasher at Lowes on Sunday. The earliest they could deliver was the 14th and then I would have to wait for install. Their install wasn't free, but I used Best Buy's free installation deal that they were running to get $120 knocked off. The unit I originally wanted to get, an LG, I had filled out all the paperwork when the sales guy got a call and was told it would be February before the dishwasher was in. So I went with the Whirlpool (sales guys there were really pushing away from LG...not sure if tactic or not). Then yesterday I get a call that the Whirlpool wouldn't be to the local warehouse until the 21st, would take a few days to deliver it to the house and then after that they had a 2 week window for install. So I cancelled the Lowes one and went to Best Buy. Got a Kitchen Aid, $20 install (special they were having for Kitchen Aid only) and it will be installed next week. They had the LG, but having sales guys at Best Buy, Home Depot and Lowes all really push the KitchenAid, I went that route.

I also got the wife a tablet so I could piggyback it with the Dishwasher so get the no interest deal...I mean, free money. I got her the Acer Icona A1-840. It is the latest version with the 4.4 software and 8" screen. Wasn't on sale, but at $139, thought it was decent deal plus if it goes on sale at Best Buy before Xmas, I'll just go in and either return it and re-buy or see if they will honor the price difference.

They will during the return policy period. The one we bought in October went on sale a week later and we just took the receipt in and they returned the difference. The guy said to keep checking because it could still always go on sale even more.

Luckily the return policy since it is the holidays is thru Jan 15, so have plenty of time. I assume the price match from other stores won't apply.

Worst case, keep your receipt. Find it cheaper....you can buy it and return it with the original receipt.

VN Store

Back