BTO’s Georgia Tech postgame report

Can’t be understated how important it was for us to close out the game with Alexander and Williams sitting on the bench fouled out either.

Can’t be understated how important it was for us to close out the game with Alexander and Williams sitting on the bench fouled out either.

It's a good thing Alexander didn't get his 5th until close to the end. He had several late, key rebounds. Something we've not seen much of previously.

It really hurt when either AS or Williams picked up their 4th with about 10 minutes left. And Williams only played about a minute between his 4th and 5th. Schofield did a good job not picking up his 5th.

UT found a way to win with Williams on the bench and Schofield hit a couple of big three pointers which was huge along with the performances of Alexander and Turner.

A very solid road win against a quality ACC team.

Good stuff BTO. Also both of you can keep writing post game reports, not uncommon for websites to do that.

As I’ve stated before, I write on both the Pistons and the Lions now on a Detroit website, so my writing time is taken. I still watch Tennessee play every game. And even still mod this forum too 😏😏😏

Lol

UT found a way to win with Williams on the bench and Schofield hit a couple of big three pointers which was huge along with the performances of Alexander and Turner.

A very solid road win against a quality ACC team.

I was equally impressed with Schofield knocking down the 2 free throws as the 3-pointer(s). They were huge.

Has pastner improved as a coach since he left Memphis?
Acted like he knew what he was doing with his defensive adjustments.
This could be a top 50 win by March if they improve as much as they did last season.

I didn't keep up with his move to GTech, but I thought I read or heard that he hired an assistant last year who is very good at X's and O's. It was something Memphis fans wanted him to do a couple of years before he left. He can always recruit.

I know you say the fouling is a symptom of Barnes defensive plan this year, but it’s out of hand. They need to be a little more disciplined.

Schofiekd has been sliding. I have been watching and hoped he’d have a better game today. Until he reverses course I’d like to see fulky worked in more

I'm verry happy Alexander has improved so much. 11 rebounds, blocking shots. We got us a center that plays defence and protects the rim. This team should win 20 games with ease

Reactions: 1 person
I know you say the fouling is a symptom of Barnes defensive plan this year, but it’s out of hand. They need to be a little more disciplined.

Schofiekd has been sliding. I have been watching and hoped he’d have a better game today. Until he reverses course I’d like to see fulky worked in more

Schofield is playing injured

Oh I agree, I’ve said they need to improve....just saying I don’t think with our style we will ever be among the best in the country at not fouling. They need to eliminate the dumb fouls, Barnes mentioned that last night.

I could only listen to the game (and obv couldn't watch the Mercer game as it wasn't broadcasted), and I was unaware that Schofield's injury is still seriously hampering him. I recall that he hurt his shoulder by falling on it in Atlantis. What is the actual diagnosis? I figured it was a deep bruise of some kind. Maybe they should give him 2 weeks off to heal and bring him back for UNC.

I could only listen to the game (and obv couldn't watch the Mercer game as it wasn't broadcasted), and I was unaware that Schofield's injury is still seriously hampering him. I recall that he hurt his shoulder by falling on it in Atlantis. What is the actual diagnosis? I figured it was a deep bruise of some kind. Maybe they should give him 2 weeks off to heal and bring him back for UNC.

Definitely not a bad idea, I’m not sure if we ever got a clear diagnosis on it.

He had heat applied during the GA Tech game. He came out during halftime layups versus Mercer with a heat or cold pack strapped to his back/shoulder area... kind of on top of his shoulder blade.

Last edited:

I've never seen them give an official injury report, but it seems likely from watching what the training staff was doing to it right after it happened that he dislocated it or subluxed (basically partially dislocated) it. Obviously, there's no serious structural damage since he's still playing, it probably popped right back in or something, but that's what it looked like they were dealing with to me.

VN Store

Back