BS shot

Or at least attack the basket and draw fouls and get to the line. Tennessee took 6 FT's, that's terrible.

We got hosed by the officials. One ref , Don Daily, was responsible for calling all 4 fouls on Admiral. We are 2-3 in games he has officiated this year.

Reactions: 2 people
When the team plays lazy for 65-75% and then try and turn it on the last 3 mins, then the basketball gods will do things like this..........this team got to comfortable after that first 5 mins of the game........

Reactions: 1 person
Loser mentality. You - and anyone else who thinks this way - are a cull.

If you are saying that the fans - especially all the thousands of us watching on tv and cheering for the team as hard as we could - had anything to do with the outcome, I guess we’ll just agree to disagree.

There’s a mental hurdle that the team must get over. It’s one that has been there for a long time. Until the players decide that they won’t accept it any longer, it will stay the same. I am hopeful that Schofield and the rest of the Vols use this disappointment to motivate them to greater things in 2018-19.

Reactions: 2 people
45% from the field is good enough to win. Loyola shot 50. And (slightly) outrebounded UT, 27-24. This was a game that we desperately needed Alexander. Loyola's game winning shot was well defended, got a lucky bounce. Bone got a good look at the end that rattled out. Not much more you can do, other than play better for the first 37 minutes.

Reactions: 1 person
If you are saying that the fans - especially all the thousands of us watching on tv and cheering for the team as hard as we could - had anything to do with the outcome, I guess we’ll just agree to disagree.

There’s a mental hurdle that the team must get over. It’s one that has been there for a long time. Until the players decide that they won’t accept it any longer, it will stay the same. I am hopeful that Schofield and the rest of the Vols use this disappointment to motivate them to greater things in 2018-19.
Nah, it's a mental hurdle if you think that way. I saw nothing but a great opportunity against a good team. This team is young, thankfully they're tough and not mentally small enough to think they're "cursed" or something to that effect.

45% from the field is good enough to win. Loyola shot 50. And (slightly) outrebounded UT, 27-24. This was a game that we desperately needed Alexander. Loyola's game winning shot was well defended, got a lucky bounce. Bone got a good look at the end that rattled out. Not much more you can do, other than play better for the first 37 minutes.

disagree, it was not well defended. we didnt play our brand of defense. Admiral was a non factor. that cant happen.

the three on the other end was a bad shot selection. you only need 2 to win!

Nah, it's a mental hurdle if you think that way. I saw nothing but a great opportunity against a good team. This team is young, thankfully they're tough and not mentally small enough to think they're "cursed" or something to that effect.

Ok, so I’ll laugh off the “small minded” swipe. No big deal.

But, again, this program has not won a conference tournament since 1979. Lost two big opportunities this year. All I said was it was up to them to get over the hump and win a championship. “Cursed” isn’t part of it. Mental hurdles are a real thing in sports and life, especially with young teams.

Unless I missed it no one has stated the obvious..Kyle Alexander being out was the difference. Great season and it was a welcome relief from what we all expected. GBO Come on Vols baseball / softball give us a season like the men's basketball team just did..great season guys this is one old Vol that appreciates all the fun you provided this year.:eek:k:

Unless I missed it no one has stated the obvious..Kyle Alexander being out was the difference. Great season and it was a welcome relief from what we all expected. GBO Come on Vols baseball / softball give us a season like the men's basketball team just did..great season guys this is one old Vol that appreciates all the fun you provided this year.:eek:k:

You missed it about a half dozen times.

We got hosed by the officials. One ref , Don Daily, was responsible for calling all 4 fouls on Admiral. We are 2-3 in games he has officiated this year.

I am not a big believer in refs effecting the out come of games. I figure things even out. However I would like consistancy. Most years the NCAA puts in new rules, applies the all season long then forgets about them in March. The guards from L were consistently pushing off while dribbling with no call. We never adjusted.
The last game we played we tried to draw several charges and got called for blocking on all of them. Tonight L got the charging call every time. There where two charges called aginst us where the replay showed no contact at all. Goodby Admiral.
We need to figure out how to adjust to the refs faster.
I’am guessing we wil learn a lot from our tournament participation.

On a side note I liked the adjustments Barnes an co made during the game. They kept us in it.

VN Store

Back