Bru Returning!!!!!

Man shut up. We need all the help we can get at OL
No. I don’t think I will just because an idiot with consistent weak takes suggests it.

Our run blocking was one of the best in all of college football. Our pass pro was better than most SEC teams. This despite having multiple starters injured/out nearly every game.

Not to say our OL can’t get better. But, I’m happy to point out another dumb post from you on a thread about Bru McCoy, not the OL.
Did you ever play the game???

This ,of course, is assuming folks really hating versus those viewing the nature of his injury making a return less likely . If really hating That requires humility ya know? Most Tough guys,not my mantra, never
apologize. I'm just happy that Bru wants to wear Orange n White one more year. Good news.
This is a fun thread to revisit.

Bru McCoy Injury Sept 30​

A man is laying on the field with a severe injury and people are debating his injury without necessary information. Some stating his career was over. Yes, some need to apologize.

You don't speak bad over what you don't know. If you want to do something meaningful, lift him, physicians, care givers, and family up in prayer.

Reminded me of casting lots. Thankfully Bru is strong and determined and will be back to VOL out in 2024.

Reactions: Vol4gzus
No. I don’t think I will just because an idiot with consistent weak takes suggests it.

Our run blocking was one of the best in all of college football. Our pass pro was better than most SEC teams. This despite having multiple starters injured/out nearly every game.

Not to say our OL can’t get better. But, I’m happy to point out another dumb post from you on a thread about Bru McCoy, not the OL.
Did you ever play the game???
Yes I did play the game. My post about OL was responding to another post. I'm sure I forgot more about football than you will ever know. So, if I'm a idiot what does that make you? Calling someone a idiot because you don't agree? I have my opinion, you have yours.. have a good day

Reactions: Hacksaw
What???

What are you even meaning to accomplish with this??

Who tf was hating??? Did you see his injury!?
Nobody would have been surprised if he quit football after that.
So he obviously hasnt given up, but what haters are you talking about???

Use better language or just shut up..

Literally not one fan said anything that was hateful towards Bru...

The only question is if hed be back or go pro.
There's no excuse to speak bad over a man lying on the field in pain. To suggest this man's career is over is reckless and hurtful.

Apologies aren't easy but they go a long way. It just takes a man to realize when it's necessary and to step up.

Visit the Sept 30 "Bru injury" thread. People debating the injury not cool.

O-line was terrible the entire year, what are you smoking?
I’m smoking understanding the game.
Vols were 4th among Power 5 teams in avg yards per rush and rushing yards, without a true mobile QB. That’s not on the same planet as your “terrible” label. Our RBs weren’t achieving this themselves.

Watch our OL play!!! Don’t just look at them on avg. less than 2 plays per game when we give up a sack, and say “Well, our OL must have F’ed up again. Whose fault?” Look at all 70+ plays, each man. Look at how they work together, along with H-back and/or TE. Wished some of our fans knew more before spouting off.

Last edited:
Yes I did play the game. My post about OL was responding to another post. I'm sure I forgot more about football than you will ever know. So, if I'm an idiot what does that make you? Calling someone an idiot because you don't agree? I have my opinion, you have yours.. have a good day
You’re right that it’s a public forum, and with lines I may have crossed.
It gets old seeing your negative takes. And I feel very confident you don’t really know what you’re talking about several instances.

SIAP
What is the heal time for the injury Bru suffered?
Up to 12 weeks just to put weight on it after surgery. Then several months of rehab to be able to run and cut. The good news is he’s doing well. The bad news is he still has a ways to go before he’s ready to play. I doubt we see him in any significant role in the spring. If we do it’s a testament to his rehab effort and the team of medical folks that got him there.

Reactions: CSVol and PEPPERJAX
Good news! It's now being reported that the staff is backing off on pursuing Evan Stewart in the portal. I'm guessing the news coming from Bru affected that decision. Probably for the best as I'm hearing he's a potential locker room cancer. Even Lane Kiffin backed off from him, so you KNOW he's bad if Lane didn't want to take a chance on him. Anyway, I'm thrilled to hear that Bru is coming back! Hopefully it will be a very special season!

We need smarter posters. But, we have you instead.
He's not wrong. The fact that the best option we had was to keep trotting Ollie Lane back on the field this year spoke volumes about our lack of developed talent on the OL. He may have had a Butch Jones 5 star heart, but he got his Rivals 3 star ass whipped on most plays. The OL room needs to grow up in a hurry. Some of those younger dudes need to take a huge step forward between now and next August.

I can't remember any player that is either as white hot or ice cold as Ramel Keyton. He has proven that he has the ability to make spectacular catches, but he also makes the routine look hard. Maybe it is a matter of focus? I dunno. It's been a long time since my brain could relate to a 20 year old brain. Hopefully he makes it to the next level and finds a guru that can fix whatever is going on between his ears.

This is a fun thread to revisit.

Bru McCoy Injury Sept 30​

A man is laying on the field with a severe injury and people are debating his injury without necessary information. Some stating his career was over. Yes, some need to apologize.

You don't speak bad over what you don't know. If you want to do something meaningful, lift him, physicians, care givers, and family up in prayer.

Reminded me of casting lots. Thankfully Bru is strong and determined and will be back to VOL out in 2024.
Apologize?

Sorry if it has been posted prior but what is the exact injury, timetable for a return to play at full strength, and does anyone know or believe that his injury was serious enough to inhibit a full recovery back to SEC caliber football? I have not kept up with any Bru injury updates so I appreciate it.

Also, we potentially have 4 to 5 starters back on the Oline, Pili retruns, Bru returns, Brazelle, Squirrel, Big O, Sampson, TE from Notre Dame, along with many other meaningful positive returning players that this next season could be a potentially exciting one.

My 3 talking points to begin the new year for Vol Football is
1. What are we going to do about the secondary?
2. Our LB's HAVE to get and or be better next year. I hope Arion can step up and have a great year next to Pili who should be a great mentor.
3. The RB room is thin and we need someone besides Seldon and Keith to help Sampson. Oh and we have a new QB named Nico whose the freaking truth! That is all.

Bru coming back is BIG. His steadiness will be crucial. dropped passes this year killed us. This needs cleaned up. Bru is a "go to" guy we desperately needed after his injury. Lets go Vols, and so glad Bru is coming back. May he heal fully and have a "Heisman" season.

Apologize?
It was great seeing Bru on the sidelines the following game and it will be great watching him run over DBs in 2024.

What purpose does this serve? Who posts this doom and gloom over a young man? Who thinks they can put limits on his ability to recover? A "medical professional" of all people should know better. And spoken with such confidence ("I can tell you...").

1704291522627.png

VN Store

Back