Bru McCoy not yet eligible

He enrolled at USC, transferred to Texas, then transferred back to USC, all in a 6-8 month period?

He enrolled at USC, transferred to Texas, then transferred back to USC, all in a 6-8 month period?

Not sure of the exact timing but this from the LA Times..

"McCoy was the nation’s top-rated recruit in high school and enrolled at USC in the spring of 2019. He transferred to Texas after Trojans offensive coordinator Kliff Kingsbury left to become head coach of the Arizona Cardinals. McCoy transferred back to USC a few months later and redshirted the 2019 season after enduring a lengthy, mysterious illness."

Reactions: Evol
Did staff not vet this guy? Why did Skyer not pay Addison the big $ to sign? Who’s running this clown show? Is Butch back? Better get someone quick. Hooker just went down a 1000 yards. TN just can’t get out of their own damn way to be a winner. Nice knowing you Josh. North East South West St will love you.!
Is this a real comment? And who is Skyer?

Kind of shocked the NCAA doesn't have a rule now where this guy could just pay them to play...

But he sat out a year. (Last year)
Not only that, but my understanding is he was only at Texas for spring practice before transferring back. In other words, he went through spring practice with Texas instead of USC, transferred back, and sat out a year. If there was ever a quick waiver granted, this should be it.

I’m confused why Bru wouldn’t be eligible. He sat out last year.

he was suspended, he didn't sit out. My guess is, transcripts showing he has maintained eligibility requirements the last 3 years is the hold up.. many times on transfers, there are problems getting all the paperwork. just a guess.

he was suspended, he didn't sit out. My guess is, transcripts showing he has maintained eligibility requirements the last 3 years is the hold up.. many times on transfers, there are problems getting all the paperwork. just a guess.
I'll never understand this......how was he admitted to the university as a transfer student without submitting transcripts?

I'll never understand this......how was he admitted to the university as a transfer student without submitting transcripts?

could have been taken by UT but NCAA trying to back track them regarding eligibility. On track to graduate? Everything there?

Maybe next time. Thanks for paying attention. Am I the only one that feels this way? How do we put all this money into a program & get so little return? Are we just STUPID or SICK. Someone Splaine it to me Lucy! God, I give up. Life is too short.
Based on your earlier post I would say pretty damn stupid.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
But all the other 3000 transfers are eligible.. Figures

You can only transfer once as an undergrad without having to sit out a year. This may be different. Did he transfer to Texas (where he never played) and promptly transfer back to USC? Or, did he essentially annul his Texas transfer, making Tennessee his first transfer? The annulment argument is very creative. I expect the ruling will be he previously transferred, making him ineligible this year. However, it's worth a try.

Did staff not vet this guy? Why did Skyer not pay Addison the big $ to sign? Who’s running this clown show? Is Butch back? Better get someone quick. Hooker just went down a 1000 yards. TN just can’t get out of their own damn way to be a winner. Nice knowing you Josh. North East South West St will love you.!
Wah, wah, wah. Please don't act like your handle.

I was being nice.

Totally DUMB question. Sure they vetted him. Chances are he will play. If he doesn't it does no harm to try to get him on the team. It's not like we are up against an eligibility limit or anything. At least one of our opponents won't get him. Unless it's bammer and the NCAA and SEC will bend over and spread for Saban.

VN Store

Back