Bristol already behind schedule (updates added)

I sit in Petty Terrace for the cup races. Here is my view... the grandstand will obviously be a lot better for the football game.

Most people are going to need this... "view wasn't bad at all..."

Attachments

• large-telescope-guy.jpg
    large-telescope-guy.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 356
Reactions: 2 people
Just saw they are bringing in 455,000 beers for the concession stands for the game. About 14 of em's mine.

I like a man who stakes his claim...in beer! I'll be in for 8-9 myself considering I'll be there about 1 to start tailgating. :thud:

Reactions: 1 person
Most people are going to need this... "view wasn't bad at all..."

Nah, most people will just be watching this.
colossus-unveil-jpg.jpg

Anyone know how high colossus sits? One of the images of the gravel being dumped made it look low enough that punts could be an issue. I'm sure it's not but it looked odd

Anyone know how high colossus sits? One of the images of the gravel being dumped made it look low enough that punts could be an issue. I'm sure it's not but it looked odd

They say 140' high. The TV in Dallas sits at 90' and been hit several times. I doubt they will be able to hit it.

Yes, Collossus is is way too low and punts will hit it. The 24 hour delay has caused panic and Bruton will call a press conference to ask to delay the game until Sunday. Oh, and no one is going to be able to see anything. What can go wrong at BMS, will go wrong, because in the past they haven't been able to handle anything. I believe some people on here are just praying for a disaster.

Yes, Collossus is is way too low and punts will hit it. The 24 hour delay has caused panic and Bruton will call a press conference to ask to delay the game until Sunday. Oh, and no one is going to be able to see anything. What can go wrong at BMS, will go wrong, because in the past they haven't been able to handle anything. I believe some people on here are just praying for a disaster.

Simmer down Francis! It was a simple question. One of the pics earlier makes it look like it's much lower.
You must be a lot of fun at a party

Reactions: 2 people
Simmer down Francis! It was a simple question. One of the pics earlier makes it look like it's much lower.
You must be a lot of fun at a party

According to Dr. Punch, colossus will be 103' above the playing surface, including the raised field. It's normally 106'.

This going to be a major cluster imho, one does not simply create a natural, playable football surface in a matter of days. I realize much of the grass is already there but I am going to go out on a limb here and say it has never had a major football game played on it by grown men. I hope I am wrong but I hope for the players sakes it doesn't lead to any major injuries more than anything.

I bet the grass smells like burnt rubber and brake fluid...Someone ask a Hokie after the game what it tastes like.

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back