Bring Back the Battle at Bristol

BigVolSack

The Tennessee administration should make it a priority to not let the Battle at Bristol be a one time event. That isn't to say that we should have the BaB every year, and we should have an annual rivalry game with VT. Set up a round robin of Appalachian based teams (UT, VT, WVU, App State to name a few), and have the game played annually between the teams so that every school gets to play in it every 3/4 year. Massive recruiting pull for all schools involved, big ticket revenue event, and also brings a lot of business to the local community outside of the race season.

The Tennessee administration should make it a priority to not let the Battle at Bristol be a one time event. That isn't to say that we should have the BaB every year, and we should have an annual rivalry game with VT. Set up a round robin of Appalachian based teams (UT, VT, WVU, App State to name a few), and have the game played annually between the teams so that every school gets to play in it every 3/4 year. Massive recruiting pull for all schools involved, big ticket revenue event, and also brings a lot of business to the local community outside of the race season.
Dan won't likely entertain circus-like events any time soon. It is just not a great direction for brand establishment, or re-establishment in this case.

Let’s get a coach before planning the biggest football game of all time again.

I like the idea.

Reactions: headhunter15
Maybe wait until we are out of Covid Hell. It wouldn’t be quite as spectacular having 30k fans instead of the 160k we had last time.

Let’s get a coach before planning the biggest football game of all time again.
Let's get through the pandemic first before we talk about about cramming 156,000 people into one venue.
Maybe wait until we are out of Covid Hell. It wouldn’t be quite as spectacular having 30k fans instead of the 160k we had last time.
Have a long term goal to work towards instead of wallowing in the present dump we're in.

Have a long term goal to work towards instead of wallowing in the present dump we're in.

The "long term" goal is to navigate the waters of NCAA sanctions and to put a winning team on the field. Ain't nobody concerning themselves with Battle of Bristol II right now.

Reactions: Border Vol
I'd like to schedule Michigan or OSU at BMS in about 5 years. Texas or Southern Cal in 10 years. Doing BMS every 5 years seems about right.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I mean if they want to think about it again they could schedule it every 4 years so every recruiting class gets a chance to play in it. I would like for it to come back but it’s not happening in the foreseeable future. I just think it’s an odd topic to pop into your head whenever you know there’s not a chance in hell it will happen anytime soon with the pandemic.

I mean if they want to think about it again they could schedule it every 4 years so every recruiting class gets a chance to play in it. I would like for it to come back but it’s not happening in the foreseeable future. I just think it’s an odd topic to pop into your head whenever you know there’s not a chance in hell it will happen anytime soon with the pandemic.
Sometimes it's just nice to think about unrelated, more fun topics. There's enough stress to go around with this university/fan base right now.

Reactions: volz2wallz

The pandemic will be irrelevant in 2023 and forward. It may affect the 2022 football season somewhat but there should be plenty of vaccinated people itching to fill football stadiums.

Reactions: BigVolSack
Sometimes it's just nice to think about unrelated, more fun topics. There's enough stress to go around with this university/fan base right now.
I actually think it’s quite an exciting time. We finally got to fire a head coach for cause and don’t have to pay a buyout. We will finally be paying only 1 head coach instead of 2 or 3 or 4. We finally hired an AD with a proven track record of building programs at 2 different stops. Things are finally trending in the right direction for the first time in almost 15 years.

The pandemic will be irrelevant in 2023 and forward. It may affect the 2022 football season somewhat but there should be plenty of vaccinated people itching to fill football stadiums.
Who is to say this vaccine is actually going to work? We don’t really know what it will do. There’s no way of knowing what 2023 will look like. We are hopeful that it will work but we don’t actually know for sure.

Reactions: SmokeyDog1973
It was great to say you were there but I would not go again. Logistics were a nightmare, site lines for viewing game were terrible ( most people were just watching the screen) and we will be giving up a home game to have a game there.

Who is to say this vaccine is actually going to work? We don’t really know what it will do. There’s no way of knowing what 2023 will look like. We are hopeful that it will work but we don’t actually know for sure.

We already know it works. The two that are out are 90-99% effective. Moderna was 100% effective against severe cases.

Did it once, it was fun, would never attend again. It was a novelty affair and nothing more. Hot, miserable, poor views and we had decent seats as students, can’t imagine being in the upper sections.

Saw the other day where a scientist and doctor said with all the mutations and different strains that are happening now that this might last till 2025 and the vaccines will be useless against it.

We already know it works. The two that are out are 90-99% effective. Moderna was 100% effective against severe cases.
The mutations in Britain and South Africa now can get around and outsmart the vaccines and these strains are 30 percent more deadlier they say. Sadly I don’t see fans in the stands again for the 2021 season.

Exactly long term we just don’t know this virus is tough and persistent and very smart it’s not going anywhere.

This sounds like a proposal by the ownership/management group of the Bristol Motor speedway to me.
But still a great idea and the benefits would be as great or greater than you describe. The only thing; who would get the TV package and who would pay who? (might have to pay the TV provider.) Money!!!! Who gets it schools, Bristol, conferences?? This could be hard to get in place.

What about the new mutations? And what about the ones that have died after getting the vaccine? You can believe what they tell you if you want but it usually takes several several years to make a credible vaccine. This thing was rushed and pushed out there.

VN Store

Back