Bring Back Pearl!!!

If UT had to fire Tyndall and they replaced him with any other coach who went 4-14 in his conference, this place would go apoplectic. Pearl's best days are long behind him anyway. He won't win at Auburn and won't get another shot at a bigger job because of it.

Reactions: 5 people
It's hard to get behind him when nobody wanted him hired really and then he comes with such heavy baggage. There are only a few coaches that we should put up with this kinda stuff.

Hate to tell you but he is good at coaching basketball. And Bruce doesn't have baggage? I loved Bruce, but that is hypocritical.

Martin had not left yet when Auburn hired Pearl. Auburn also hired him with his show cause still active because they were so desperate.

I mean, are you saying you think we should have fired the coach that just took us to a sweet 16 run in favor of coach under a show cause penalty?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: Can't wait to hear his answer to this one.

I agree. But I would've rather brought in pearl this year then CDT. But this year I would love to see Georgia St guy to have a chance.

I enjoyed Ron Hunter's story and thought he was hilarious, but his coaching record is not all that spectacular. He won this year with his son and a couple of power 5 transfers. Doesn't happen every year.

Reactions: 5 people
Hate to tell you but he is good at coaching basketball. And Bruce doesn't have baggage? I loved Bruce, but that is hypocritical.

good coach? yes.....but can't recruit because his BS at SoMiss

Bruce had a bbq, Tindle basically turned a blind eye to players who should have not been admitted to school

dave hart needs to pay for this, no way I will ever support that POS

Reactions: 2 people
good coach? yes.....but can't recruit because his BS at SoMiss

Bruce had a bbq, Tindle basically turned a blind eye to players who should have not been admitted to school

dave hart needs to pay for this, no way I will ever support that POS

Whatever happened at USM is not uncommon. Just ask people who follow recruiting and the college game. It just so happened that an upset former employee decided to tell people.

There is no way Hart could see into the future. He hired a good basketball coach. Now will it work? I don't know.

Reactions: 1 person
I just wonder about how many of these inane threads volnation must endure.

Well one of three things will have to happen before they stop.

1. We will have to have a coach that get's us to the NCCAT yearly, whether that's Tyndall or not.

2. Pearl will have to retire, or be banned from coaching by the NCAA for life.

3. Pearl will have to die.

Reactions: 3 people
If UT had to fire Tyndall and they replaced him with any other coach who went 4-14 in his conference, this place would go apoplectic. Pearl's best days are long behind him anyway. He won't win at Auburn and won't get another shot at a bigger job because of it.

His best days may be behind him, but he WILL win at Auburn. At Auburn he may not match the success he had at UT, but he will turn around their program. Once the ball gets rolling, he will have them dancing just about every year, if not every stinking year. He recruits too well not to have good teams. Heck, Auburn's 2015 recruiting class currently ranks at # 12. He was two 4 stars signed, two 3 stars signed, and one hard commit from another 4 star. He will continue to get better players as time goes on.

His best days may be behind him, but he WILL win at Auburn. At Auburn he may not match the success he had at UT, but he will turn around their program. Once the ball gets rolling, he will have them dancing just about every year, if not every stinking year. He recruits too well not to have good teams. Heck, Auburn's 2015 recruiting class currently ranks at # 12. He was two 4 stars signed, two 3 stars signed, and one hard commit from another 4 star. He will continue to get better players as time goes on.

He could eventually replace Jones at LSU

He could eventually replace Jones at LSU

That's true, which is a way better job than Auburn. I agree that he won't ever coach at one of the blue blood programs like UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas, etc. For someone to say he won't ever get any better opportunities than Auburn is foolish. If we wins steadily, people will be interested, no matter what kind of baggage he carries.

Calling the fbi... Lol but I had a coach who was threatened to have his eyeballs poked out with a key.

If you snitch me out I'll personally come to Kentucky and leave ya 6 feet under Big D. I'll take you to Harlan County and do it there just so I can sing, "You'll never leave Harlan alive" while I have you tied up and gagged. I think my actions would be Justified if you ratted on me.

Last edited:
That's true, which is a way better job than Auburn. I agree that he won't ever coach at one of the blue blood programs like UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas, etc. For someone to say he won't ever get any better opportunities than Auburn is foolish. If we wins steadily, people will be interested, no matter what kind of baggage he carries.

Can you imagine what Bruce could have done this season with that LSU team?

You appear to be uninformed. Basketball success is based upon recruiting and coaching...and Pearl can coach. The Rivals 2015 class has Auburn tanked #11 in the country. That's right...#11.

I think most reasonable people understand that if Pearl continues to recruit, he will turn Auburn into a winning program. Pearl has charisma and the media outlets love him. We, on the other hand, are perilously close to becoming irrelevent in basketball. Tyndall is a good coach, but he brought this to us by failing to disclose information, and hoping it wouldn't be discovered.

Can you imagine what Bruce could have done this season with that LSU team?

Yup, at least 25 regular season wins with a Sweet 16 appearance at the minimum. They would of finished second in the SEC standings on the season too. A Bruce led LSU team might of beat UK as well, they were already close as it was. Bruce had a knack for knocking off highly ranked Coach Cal led teams.

Charles Davis for AD?

I would support this..
We should have landed bill battle but they screwed that up n let him go to bama.. If he wanted to be an ad it should have been tn..

The people on the hill r just freaking incompetent n every way. IMO

N yes hart needs to go if CDT is fired

If you snitch me out I'll personally come to Kentucky and leave ya 6 feet under Big D. I'll take you to Harlan County and do it there just so I can sing, "You'll never leave Harlan alive" while I have you tied up and gagged. I think my actions would be Justified if you ratted on me.

If you don't care go down about another 1,000 feet, I've always wanted to go to China.

VN Store

Back