Brick by brick guys.

It seems to me that our bricks are hollow, or made of cardboard.

or maybe ur blind. cam sutton is solid, so is todd kelly jr, and marquez north, and von pearson, and josh malone, and evan berry, oh and dont forget derek barnett and jalen reeves maybin. CBJ brought all those guys in pal...

Reactions: 2 people
or maybe ur blind. cam sutton is solid, so is todd kelly jr, and marquez north, and von pearson, and josh malone, and evan berry, oh and dont forget derek barnett and jalen reeves maybin. CBJ brought all those guys in pal...

Or maybe he just thinks our coaches should change the game plan to help our weak O line instead of stubbornly asking them to block for 4-5 seconds every play.

Also, sutton and JRM were Dooley commits. JRMfreshman year was while Dooley was still our coach. So there's that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Or maybe he just thinks our coaches should change the game plan to help our weak O line instead of stubbornly asking them to block for 4-5 seconds every play.

Also, sutton and JRM were Dooley commits. JRMfreshman year was while Dooley was still our coach. So there's that.
ur right. but my point is obvious. just sayin.

Maybe you should evaluate what I mean when I say our bricks are hollow before you lecture me.

The players are not the entirety of each brick. The coaches and the fans are part of that proverbial brick as well, pal.

The coaching needs immediate revision. You can have the greatest ball players in the world on a team and they'd be garbage without adequate coaching. The coaching is obviously needed on the offensive front. Two games without a touchdown is unacceptable. And while you hear that always famous "These guys are young" speech on the radio, it's only a good excuse for so long. If one method doesn't work, you create another. I've not seen any alternative methods by our offensive coach in particular.

Many of the fans are also are some of the biggest hypocrites i've seen in college sports. People who go around screaming "I bleed orange" and "Vol for life" only to turn tail and shout "Fire butch" and "Vols Suck" after losing. How do the players keep going with that kind of support system? What happened to the fans that were so hardcore vol that if a rival teams fans started something, we'd repay it twice fold? We need that kind of support system. The kind of fan that stays the entire game instead of leaving in the middle of the 3rd quarter. The kind of fan that plasters the rock with funny things like "Gators suck" or "Fall tide fall" like before.

In short summary, the brick consists of three things: The players, the coaching, and the fans. All three are in poor condition. And thus the brick is hollow or like cardboard.

Tiring of the slogans, time to start seeing the pay off of all these bricks and mortar. Lip service, slogans, catchy marketing gimmicks like checkerboards, commercials, fancy hip-hop highlight videos, great recruiting, none of that is paying off in the one category that matters, WINS. Potential is just another word for saying you haven't done anything yet.

Reactions: 1 person
Do some of you not understand that no matter the scheme or play call if you can't beat the man in front of you it won't work. 18 year old boys getting beat by 22-23 year old men. Shocker.

Jim, the problem is that eventually the excuses need to be put aside and results are necessary. There are routinely, almost weekly, mid-major schools that knock off major conference schools and those schools have less talent than we do and less ACCESS to the players we recruit and they still can beat and do beat, schools that are from far better conferences. We can't even luck into a win or beat any lowly Florida, when we practically lived on their side of the field.

Maybe you should evaluate what I mean when I say our bricks are hollow before you lecture me.

The players are not the entirety of each brick. The coaches and the fans are part of that proverbial brick as well, pal.

The coaching needs immediate revision. You can have the greatest ball players in the world on a team and they'd be garbage without adequate coaching. The coaching is obviously needed on the offensive front. Two games without a touchdown is unacceptable. And while you hear that always famous "These guys are young" speech on the radio, it's only a good excuse for so long. If one method doesn't work, you create another. I've not seen any alternative methods by our offensive coach in particular.

Many of the fans are also are some of the biggest hypocrites i've seen in college sports. People who go around screaming "I bleed orange" and "Vol for life" only to turn tail and shout "Fire butch" and "Vols Suck" after losing. How do the players keep going with that kind of support system? What happened to the fans that were so hardcore vol that if a rival teams fans started something, we'd repay it twice fold? We need that kind of support system. The kind of fan that stays the entire game instead of leaving in the middle of the 3rd quarter. The kind of fan that plasters the rock with funny things like "Gators suck" or "Fall tide fall" like before.

In short summary, the brick consists of three things: The players, the coaching, and the fans. All three are in poor condition. And thus the brick is hollow or like cardboard.
if u think for a second that our coaching staff hasnt tried to "fix" our OL play and lack of offensive production i'd call u crazy. remember, u can lead a horse to water, but u cant make him drink....

mor·al vic·to·ry
/ˈmɒrəl ˈvɪktərɪ/
noun
a defeat that can be interpreted as a victory on moral terms, for example because the defeated party defended their principles.

Oral victories are better. :)

Jim, the problem is that eventually the excuses need to be put aside and results are necessary. There are routinely, almost weekly, mid-major schools that knock off major conference schools and those schools have less talent than we do and less ACCESS to the players we recruit and they still can beat and do beat, schools that are from far better conferences. We can't even luck into a win or beat any lowly Florida, when we practically lived on their side of the field.
I agree that results are necessary. Who would have thought we skipped a year with recruiting lineman. It's just a reality right now with out program that isn't fixed quickly. We've seen results with this staff and will continue to. The W's are not there yet but man the writing is on the wall that they are coming. I'm just sick of seeing and hearing some fans and media ride these young players so hard. I just hope we can stay healthy with what we have for November.

VN Store

Back