Brian Williams THE WORST UT basketball player ever??

Present problems excepted -- he is a big body inside. That is what he was designed to be. Aside from his current racketeering charges he had been adequate. He makes most of his free throws, most of his layups and leads the team by far in rebounds per minutes played. He has lost 100 lbs which has allowed him to get up and down the court much better, etc. He does have poor hands and is a little slow to move his feet and react but usually gives a good effort in my opinion. He was recruited very, very, late in the recruiting year as an afterthought and a project as someone else mentioned. On the court, I don't have a problem with him - usually a solid backup.

Let's hope Hall and Woolridge step up in a big way.

Shut up, man. He's been playing basketball for, what, 5 years?

Everyone that followed basketball at UT prior to 2007 understood he came in as a project, not a polished NBA-ready big man. His best attribute is his size. Sometimes he uses it, sometimes he doesn't.

I don't see the point of your thread, but I'd suggest you use the back button next time.

Who cares what you think about him?

I'll support any player on the floor. It's not the player's fault coaches recruit and place them into a position above their ability.

Wrong...i went to to the Tennessee-North Carolina A&T game not to long ago when i was visiting my parents down in seymour for Christmas. Brian Williams is awful dude.. simply terrible, terrible. go watch a UT game and tell me i'm wrong. i double dog dare ya.He just takes up space. Worst player on the court by far...awful

Last edited:
yeah that makes it all better. Maybe we should change our name to the Miami Hurricanes. oh well....like you said....probably none

He didn't say it made things better. It's obviously not a good thing to have 1/3 of your scholarship roster arrested. The chances that all 4 of them do hard time is about 0.000001%.

yeah that makes it all better. Maybe we should change our name to the Miami Hurricanes. oh well....like you said....probably none

Sarcasm is a wasted trait on chat boards. its a black eye wheather they go to jail or not. America is all about BS gossip. We thrive on it

He didn't say it made things better. It's obviously not a good thing to have 1/3 of your scholarship roster arrested. The chances that all 4 of them do hard time is about 0.000001%.

Yeah and thats what we want on our basketball team....0.000001% taking down 1/3rd of the team...no big deal. your right. The media is just trying to step on Tennessee's throat once again....what world do you live in? Mail me some of those pills please!!

Last edited:
Yeah and thats what we want on our basketball team....0.000001% taking down 1/3rd of the team...no big deal. your right. The media is just trying to step on Tennessee's throat once again....what world do you live in? Mail me some of those pills please!!

You are a great supporter of Tennessee basketball. I would almost bet you are a UK fan!

1. I would take Tony Harris as the starting PG right now over anyone we've had since then running the point aside from C.J. Watson.

2. A player worse than Brian Williams? How quickly we forget the great Boomer Herndon.

Please tell me I am not the only person who finds themselves praying to every God possible when I see that big, waste of a scholarship head toward the scorer's table to check into the game...

Could he possibly be the worst UT basketball player in history?

Lets name the worst UT B-ball players ever...

1. Brian Williams
2. ???

Yes he is for sure.

i mean he isint the greatest but he is someone who is good enough to give chisim a break and he is a good rebounder

Last edited by a moderator:
You are a great supporter of Tennessee basketball. I would almost bet you are a UK fan!

Yeah i'm a UK fan (sarcasm) my dad took me to neyland back in 83 when i was 5 and i've been brainwashed ever since. Graduated from UT in 97 (you remember Peyton right...he's the real easy going tall shy dude when you talk to him....he went to UT too, good guy) but your right i'm a UK fan......you simple minded douche. Keep supporting the basketball team when they ride around "Dangerous" Knoxville with guns under thier seats. LOL. Make all the excuses you want for them. I guess they are looking to go down wild west style in a gun battle like Scarface living in dangerous "KnoxVegas" I'll put it in quotes "Support" them all you want. lol. These Morons are going to jail and rightfully so.....you need a gun under your seat in knoxville?.....it's a rough city dude...rough city. I'm all Vol since the day i learned to walk but i don't "Support" the BS. Unbelievable......

Last edited:
oh and Thanx for embarrasing the UT nation. I guess the VT loss wasn't enough. Keep kicking us while we're down

Last edited:
Obviously we've had lots of players who were worse.

Who was that inside player we had during the O'Neil era? ___ Harris? He was quite horrendous on the offensive end (though he didn't shoot as much as Williams.)

torrey Harris. a giant who couldnt make a layup, but was a great post defender. Williams cant even play d

VN Store

Back