Breaking News.............UCONN starves it players!!

Its not slavery, no matter how much you would like it to be called

Nobody forces them to play. They can not play, pay their own way, or work at McDonalds

Life is about choices

Nobody forces the NCAA and colleges to operate in the State.

Willful failure to follow the labor laws including paying taxes and fees is usually punishable by imprisonment in most States. Being found liable of blacklisting and collusion laws can cost you a pretty penny as well. If they don't like it they can go to Iraq or something.

Life is about choices.

At this point, the choices have been made, so I have no idea what you are trying to imply.

Shabazz Napier, point guard for The University of Connecticut's men's basketball team, recently told reporters he understands why athletes at Northwestern need a union, as he sometimes has to go to bed "starving" because he cannot afford food.

UConn’s Napier: ‘We do have hungry nights’ | The CT Mirror

I call him a liar!

He went to a private HS.. Lawrence Academy in Groton, Massachusetts that cost how much a year

Reactions: 3 people
I think he's full of crap, but understand the point he's trying to make.

Just pay them already.

Nobody forces the NCAA and colleges to operate in the State.

Willful failure to follow the labor laws including paying taxes and fees is usually punishable by imprisonment in most States. Being found liable of blacklisting and collusion laws can cost you a pretty penny as well. If they don't like it they can go to Iraq or something.

Life is about choices.

At this point, the choices have been made, so I have no idea what you are trying to imply.

I'm implying that you and others like you try and paint this sad picture of athletes forced to work for the NCAA master and that is totally untrue

If these guys don't like the conditions that they are in, then they are free to leave.

The idea that they are somehow forced to compete as athletes is laughable. If I like my don't job, I find other opportunities.

Last edited:
I'm implying that you and others like you try and paint this sad picture of athletes forced to work for the NCAA master and that is totally untrue

I never said they were "forced" to work. Although I would consider them cartel and yes there type of practices is unlawful, matter of fact, if this was garbage collections instead of sports the Feds would have cracked down on it long ago.

If these guys don't like the conditions that they are in, then they are free to leave.
And if the Ncaa and colleges don't like laws of the State they are free to leave the U.S.

The idea that they are somehow forced to compete as athletes is laughable. If I don't job, I find other opportunities.

Blacklisting and collusion laws already exists, I am sorry but you are just wrong.

The union thing is only the tip of the iceberg... everyone and their mother is going to be suing everyone... and virtually everyone will have a dead bang winner case.

I actually thought the union case was going to be hard, they got steamed rolled. I am sorry you don't like the answers but they are not going to change.

I never said they were "forced" to work. Although I would consider them cartel and yes there type of practices is unlawful, matter of fact, if this was garbage collections instead of sports the Feds would have cracked down on it long ago.

And if the Ncaa and colleges don't like laws of the State they are free to leave the U.S.

Blacklisting and collusion laws already exists, I am sorry but you are just wrong.

The union thing is only the tip of the iceberg... everyone and their mother is going to be suing everyone... and virtually everyone will have a dead bang winner case.

I actually thought the union case was going to be hard, they got steamed rolled. I am sorry you don't like the answers but they are not going to change.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/v/5hfYJsQAhl0[/youtube]

Reactions: 2 people
Using legal sounding terms like "collusion" and "blacklisting" doesn't help your argument if you cannot provide any evidence that you know what they mean or how they apply.

Reactions: 2 people
Using legal sounding terms like "collusion" and "blacklisting" doesn't help your argument if you cannot provide any evidence that you know what they mean or how they apply.

I already have in several threads, you just think the moon is made out of cheese because why? You love cheese.

The evidence is in the public view ie contracts between the schools and ncaa. I am sorry you don't like the answer, the suits are already starting.... I know their wrong and you are right.

The last suit called them a "cartel", I would say that is being polite.

Last edited:

bs_meter.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
CountVolcula

Whatever you post is metadata crap.

Either way you are wrong, as you will see over the coming years the NCAA can't even defend itself against the suits it has now. What till the big law firms get into the act... these are dead bang winner cases for obvious reasons. You can get mad at me all you want, nothing is going to change that.

So, post whatever picture you want... you are just running from the truth... not my problem. The NCAA will not exist in 5 to 10 years, I would imagine DOJ will step in very quickly like they did with the college bowl thing... funny how everyone changed there tune on that. :loco:

CountVolcula

Whatever you post is metadata crap.

Either way you are wrong, as you will see over the coming years the NCAA can't even defend itself against the suits it has now. What till the big law firms get into the act... these are dead bang winner cases for obvious reasons. You can get mad at me all you want, nothing is going to change that.

So, post whatever picture you want... you are just running from the truth... not my problem. The NCAA will not exist in 5 to 10 years, I would imagine DOJ will step in very quickly like they did with the college bowl thing... funny how everyone changed there tune on that. :loco:

Yep

Government will save us all from the evils of the world

Government is the answer

I already have in several threads, you just think the moon is made out of cheese because why? You love cheese.

The evidence is in the public view ie contracts between the schools and ncaa. I am sorry you don't like the answer, the suits are already starting.... I know their wrong and you are right.

The last suit called them a "cartel", I would say that is being polite.

You have never once produced a shred of evidence that colleges, or their ADs, are colluding. They cannot collude, as they are not competitors. Coke and Pepsi are competitors. The members of the NCAA are not.

And name a single individual that has been blacklisted and the nature of his illegal exclusion from the marketplace.

It doesn't matter what a plaintiff's attorney calls the defendant in a brief or motion. His job is to make the defendant look bad. Calling a group a cartel doesn't automatically make it so.

Reactions: 1 person
You have never once produced a shred of evidence that colleges, or their ADs, are colluding. They cannot collude, as they are not competitors. Coke and Pepsi are competitors. The members of the NCAA are not.

One produces evidence in court under the rules of evidence, this is not a court of law. You have produced squat as to your argument, 1.) they are competitors 2.) not sure they have to be competitors for blacklisting and corruption laws to kick in.

I am sorry but the schools are competitors I see ads for them all the time. I don't know what planet you are from that is for sure.

Calling a group a cartel doesn't automatically make it so.

Never said otherwise, either way I think that it's an excellent description. If it walks like a duck, quack like a duck, most probably it's a duck.

All it takes is a few players to go to their state of an administrative determination, even without lawsuits.

If you are going to fight something, you should probably pick something that actually has something to defend. There just is no defense to most of this... dead bang winners... which is why the suits are just starting. Like I said good luck and all.... my take... this ship is going down for very very obvious reason, you can either stay on and go down with it or... jump off.

Well, I got to go again for today.... I assure you guys this is only the very beginning... getting mad at me for pointing out the obvious is not going to change anything... so go ahead and hate on if it makes you feel better.

Yep

Government will save us all from the evils of the world

Government is the answer

I actually believe in limited government, but that is mostly irrelevant.

To me the solution is simple, the colleges and ncaa need to remove themselves from the players lives... if they are treated like normal students... I am not sure I would have a problem at all, in general.

Well, gotta run.

One produces evidence in court under the rules of evidence, this is not a court of law. You have produced squat as to your argument, 1.) they are competitors 2.) not sure they have to be competitors for blacklisting and corruption laws to kick in.

I am sorry but the schools are competitors I see ads for them all the time. I don't know what planet you are from that is for sure.

Competitors do not volunteer to jointly negotiate and split their broadcast rights. Competitors do not voluntarily create a body to govern participation. Competitors don't voluntarily split their proceeds with the weaker members of the marketplace. Alabama's success does not injure LSU, nor does LSU's injure Alabama. In fact, the better one does the better for the other in terms of revenue. Competing on the field does not equate to competing in the marketplace.

VN Store

Back