BREAKING NEWS: Janzen Jackson withdraws from school. (merged)

Best wishes to JJ. I hope he gets his business settled and returns to the team. Losing a player of his ability is a HUGE loss. Yes, we have new guys coming in that will hopefully be able to step up and fill the void, but we are a better team if JJ is there.

As for the other three, best to Meline as well, whatever his issues are. I hope he finds success wherever he ends up. For any that know, what is up with Pope? I remember he had that concussion, was it really that bad, or is it something else? Hope he gets better. And Askew, wow, what a bust. I remember being excited we got this guy, but he has never put it together. I wish the kid the best, but he was a big disappointment on the field.

Oh well, on the bright side, that's more schollies for next year's recruiting class. I was happy with this class, but hopefully we make top ten next year. It's time for a return to glory. GBO!

Skeeter was right again. He said to expect a few players to leave due to "personal issues"

I tired of Janzen. At some point in his life, he's going to have to realize he has obligations and can't just quit and come back whenever he wants. If Obama had personal issues, would he resign as president and say he wanted to retain his title a few months later? No.

I tired of Janzen. At some point in his life, he's going to have to realize he has obligations and can't just quit and come back whenever he wants. If Obama had personal issues, would he resign as president and say he wanted to retain his title a few months later? No.

Obama wouldn't but Palin certainly would.

I bet he does not come back. But enrolls in a school that is closer to home, But Byron Moore will replace him easily. A better player he will be from season one. IMO... These personal issues of Janzen's seem to not be going away anytime soon and he will more than likely be granted a release because of this.. I just hope he does not enroll to LSU..

Let me get this straight, yesterday JJ was an All SEC lock, All American, best safety in the country and the best player on the team. Today he's not as good as a freshman that has never played a down in college and won't be missed at all. :whistling::whistling:

Let me get this straight, yesterday JJ was an All SEC lock, All American, best safety in the country and the best player on the team. Today he's not as good as a freshman that has never played a down in college and won't be missed at all. :whistling::whistling:

Moore will be a soph and has played college ball. And I'm not sure anyone has said JJ's the best safety in the country or an AA lock. Both seem to have the potential though

I don't know what his "personal issues" are nor do I really care. All I know is I have personally witnessed the destruction of a sucsessful young man with tons of potential because of "family issues". I hope this is not the case, where his family is putting pressure on him to "help out" and expecting him to put his life on hold for something that is not of his making.

There is almost nothing a 19 year old can do outside of moral support or get a low paying job to help his family. Best of luck to you JJ and hope you make it back. Just remember sometimes, even with family, you have to cut bait and think of yourself.

What is the point of the VFL program, if you can only be a Vol with no problems? We need to look at ourselves before we criticize Janzen. What if he couldn't balance this problem and school, and decided it was best to take care of it... so that when/if he comes back, he can play this fall instead of being academically ineligible? Janzen has given us 2 years, and I believe he should be given at least the sring and summer to get his problems under control. Remember, Vol for LIFE..... not Vol for MOST OF THE TIME!!!!!!!!

Well said!

So far I like the way Dooley is handling this. It definitly looks like he is in full support of JJ, no matter the outcome. There are a million different things which could classify as "personal issues" and I like the way our Coach is supporting him. Hopefully he comes back, he certainly has had a tumultuos time in college thus far, and when he comes back I hope he is focused and ready to make an impact. (Not to sound shallow, but JJ has the opportunity to make a LOT of money because of football if he can pull it all together)

I don't want to read all 20 pages................
What are the "personal" issues????

Please tell me it's not a girl!!!!

Obligations to what? There are things more important than football. I know I withdrew from UT for the semester for financial and family reasons and I will be back in the summer. No one knows what is going on, but comparing missed practice time to waliking out on the presidency is ridiculous.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Are you really saying that a position of a college student athelete is comparable to the POTUS?? You may be tired of Janzen and say "he just cant quit", but the people who actually matter in the situation say that he can.

his brother may or may not have robbed/murdered someone.

Ouch!!!!!
I hope that is not true. If it is...................
JJ needs to be the leader of the family and understand he has a special gift...use that gift and take care of his family once he gets to the NFL. He needs to be a family leader.

I wish him the best.....but please come back for his sake and ........UT!:sad: Family is #1...but the individual is also very important! Take care of yourself. Be smart!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back