Bray impressive in KC

I always wondered what this kid could do with some coaching and an attitude adjustment. No doubt he quit on Dooley.

Bray played well when you consider the coaching staff that was in place when he was there and the lack of talent that was around him.
He passed for 7,444 yards in his 3 year career. I am positive that had he not missed about 5 games due to injuries & if Dooley had let him play earlier in his freshman season and had he come back his senior year, he would have surpassed Manning on the passing list of 11,000.
He missed 12 games by NOT returning for his senior season. He missed 5 games due to injuries and a couple more due to Dooley wanting to play Simms during the hard part of the schedule.
However; when you look at things from Brays' perspective. (1) New coach (2) New system (3) C.P gone (4) Zack gone (5) Rivera gone. Can he really improve his draft status by staying one more year????????????????

You fail to realize and\or recognize the games he played in were nothing compared to the talent level of the teams he didn't play against!

Reactions: 1 person
You fail to realize and\or recognize the games he played in were nothing compared to the talent level of the teams he didn't play against!

He missed the M.T.S.U game & the "O Bama" game his sophomore year. I distinctly remember those but can't recall the other three.

He would have lit it up against M.T.S.U.

He missed the M.T.S.U game & the "O Bama" game his sophomore year. I distinctly remember those but can't recall the other three.

He would have lit it up against M.T.S.U.

He could have lit it up against KY but as he said later, he didn't want to go to a cheaply bowl game

I have less respect for Bray than any qb that has worn the orange..

Reactions: 1 person
I always thought this was pretty funny..

trollerbray.gif

I got pretty hyped when he did this lol

Bray is talented and young and confident in the pocket but still needs to improve his accuracy, learn that getting positive yardage on every play is more important than just winging it on every pass play--and he must become a leader, which in my view will be his toughest challenge. He actually reminds me of Cutler--a very talented passer with leadership questions.

He could have lit it up against KY but as he said later, he didn't want to go to a cheaply bowl game

I have less respect for Bray than any qb that has worn the orange..

As do I Gramps, as do I.

To me bray is one of the few former vols I could care less about.

The way he didn't care if we lost to kent..his effort for game prep and other things..

Maybe it was fools that drove this but that's just me.

The guy got a bad rap. Dooley tried to save his job by throwing Bray under the bus. If he had Cutcliffe in his corner like Manning did, he would be the second favorite QB in UT history. And a first round pick. If you want to blame a college student for the failings of the worst coach in UT history, Go for it. But the problem was Dooley, not ANY of the players.

Reactions: 5 people
The guy got a bad rap. Dooley tried to save his job by throwing Bray under the bus. If he had Cutcliffe in his corner like Manning did, he would be the second favorite QB in UT history. And a first round pick. If you want to blame a college student for the failings of the worst coach in UT history, Go for it. But the problem was Dooley, not ANY of the players.

Dooley was a crappy coach and human being, but he didn't make Bray throw the Kentucky game.

VN Store

Back