Braxton Bonds- CPA 2014 PG

Looks like I've been right and you wrong the whole blooming argument! "Obviously this is a huge blow to our team, as Brandon had worked himself into a position where he was competing for a starting role," UT head coach Donnie Tyndall said. "It's very disappointing for our team, but it's even more disappointing for a great young man who has worked extremely hard this off-season. Brandon's positive attitude and upbeat mentality will get him through this tough time."

So you're saying there's still a chance Lopez gets major minutes ehh?

What'd you want Tyndall to say, "Brandon is a walk on who likely wouldn't play unless we were in a blow out scenario this year. His GPA and RTL experience will be sorely missed, and to be honest I'm thinking about forfeiting the entire season because of this injury."

The idea that Bonds being here is related to The injury to BL seems ridiculous if the timeline being reported is correct.

That would mean Bonds got released from LOI and enrolled over the weekend after hearing the report of the Saturday injury. UT couldn't have gotten that done for Peyton Manning much less a walk on.

Personally, I think it's time for BTO and SD to meet up and settle this quarrel the old fashioned way. SD, you can even use your walking cane.

Reactions: 1 person
SD is the easy favorite as long as he's reasonably healthy. Would need to know his age too. You just know he'd come out in an old school boxing stance with a Rollie Fingers mustache. Two hits, SD hits BTO, BTO hits ground.

SD is the easy favorite as long as he's reasonably healthy. Would need to know his age too. You just know he'd come out in an old school boxing stance with a Rollie Fingers mustache. Two hits, SD hits BTO, BTO hits ground.

He's 66, retired military and civilian, and recently began a part-time job at Bass Pro Shop. You haven't read his bio?!?!?

Rollie Fingers mustache is too rich. I literally LOL'd.

He's 66, retired military and civilian, and recently began a part-time job at Bass Pro Shop. You haven't read his bio?!?!?

Rollie Fingers mustache is too rich. I literally LOL'd.

Money's still on SD. The things he's seen...

Actually, I taught hand-to-hand combat for many years to young soldiers. You really don't want BTO to be in that scenario! Let him stick with dissing BL even after his injury! Sick!

Drew Maddux (@DrewMaddux)
7/29/14, 2:13 PM
Former CPA PG & 2-time state champion Braxton Bonds (Nashville,TN) made it official today & accepted walk-on spot from Coach Tyndall an UT.

Reactions: 3 people
SD needs to put BTO on ignore and BTO needs to put SD on ignore. Y'all two flood pages and pages full of nonsense bickering. SD you take stuff to heart too much. Lighting up most people on here crack jokes on each other. It's what makes this board fun. A lot of the negativity you bring on to yourself.

Drew Maddux (@DrewMaddux)
7/29/14, 2:13 PM
Former CPA PG & 2-time state champion Braxton Bonds (Nashville,TN) made it official today & accepted walk-on spot from Coach Tyndall an UT.

So can he play this season
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm sure you've already posted this, but what's your take on this kid? Can he contribute this year?

Could he, absolutely, will he, idk. It's going to depend how Tyndall plays things at point, if Punter, Mostella of Baulkman show an ability to play the position at a decent level, Bonds likely isn't needed there. If none of those guys can play the position better than Moore did when we tried that, then he may very well play some minutes.

I don't think he's a guy that comes in and commands minutes if that's what you mean. He's a guy who by year 3 would be capable of stepping in like a Jarrod Polson at UK did IMO, but not someone who's gonna factor in a big way this year unless many others prove they can't play the position.

Instead of feeling sorry for me, please take just a little time to think about the devastating effect that this must be having on the entire basketball team after losing the guy who has been running the point all summer for them who was designated by Coach T as one of three team leaders in addition to Josh Richardson and Armani Moore because they have the respect of all the newcomers! That's the least you can do! Brandon Lopez has just had his world turned upside down.

VN Store

Back