BP as analyst.

Really, what part? I have a buddy his sister bought him a royal blue UofL hat, he promptly set it on fire. There isn't a single day that he doesn't have something UofL on.

I'm actually a student at Bellarmine. I may have to try the same thing (but reverse) with my buddy. That's a fantastic gift idea.

As maddening as it can be, sometimes it's fun to be right in the middle of a rivalry like this.

I'm actually a student at Bellarmine. I may have to try the same thing (but reverse) with my buddy. That's a fantastic gift idea.

As maddening as it can be, sometimes it's fun to be right in the middle of a rivalry like this.

Good school, I live in the highlands area. I have converted him to a mild Vols fan, partially out of his UK hate. It can be interesting, I do pull for UofL when they play UK.

If Martin gets fired he'll land another coaching job...unlike pearl was able to.

He'd be stupid to take a pay cut compared to what the UT buyout pays. But you never know, he might take it.

And when he leaves, will you be on the site for his new team promoting him as hard as you do here?

D
I liked Pearl his first few years, his quick tempo press and the excitement he brought. After his elite 8 run things started running down hill. He never was a good recruiting evaluator, just went after stars. His offense was a control chaos dribble the ball around until 10 seconds were left and then jack up a 3. His best years was when Lofton was there and could hit the 3. I wouldn't mind having that Pearl back, but not the ladder Pearl. Just my 2 cents...still thin CCM can get it done. Is offense is bad, but is adding really nice players. Richardson, Moore, Reese, and Yemi have all been impressive when, everyone doubted them because of the stars by their name. Adding Maymon and Hubbs will improve the offense tremendously. Please everyone give him some time. I know it's hard for everyone to be patient, because that's how the world is today, but judge him after next year, when he has had 3 years to get the players for his system.

Edit: don't drill me too hard with spelling I'm on my phone.
...His last team and staff was "distracted" ..including CBP.

Good school, I live in the highlands area. I have converted him to a mild Vols fan, partially out of his UK hate. It can be interesting, I do pull for UofL when they play UK.

I pull for U of L too when they play, just because it makes Cat fans so mad lol.

And it isn't even close for me. Their level of arrogance and entitlement is ridiculous.

I've truly never seen anything like it. They win, they brag about it. They lose, they brag about history, as if anyone cares.

I do too, although somewhat reluctantly. Up until this year, I liked Louisville. But now that they are really good in the two big college sports, their fans are starting to get on my nerves, too. Maybe that's just me.

I understand that. Everyone that is realistic should give him a pass this year. I support Martin 100%, but if he doesn't make the tournament next year I will no longer support him.

He does not deserve a pass this season, Maymon is good but he is not a star. A big part of the reason losing Maymon hurts so much is the poor job he has done recruiting.

He does not deserve to be fired but the next two yrs is critical for his long term success.

He does not deserve a pass this season, Maymon is good but he is not a star. A big part of the reason losing Maymon hurts so much is the poor job he has done recruiting.

He does not deserve to be fired but the next two yrs is critical for his long term success.

Maymon was picked 1st team All-SEC. That's about as close to a star as you can be without being the POY. The offense went through Maymon on every possession unless someone jacked up a quick 3. He helped Golden bring the ball up the court. He was the leader of the team.

Do some of you not even watch the games?

Reactions: 1 person

His recruiting has looked pretty good to me. Richardson, Stokes, Reese, Moore, and Yemi all look good to me, each and everyone I them have a lot of potential. Yes he missed on Washpun, Q, Miller, and Edwards, but 3 out of those 4 were just bodies to fill the roster out since he really didn't have anytime to build relationships.

His recruiting has looked pretty good to me. Richardson, Stokes, Reese, Moore, and Yemi all look good to me, each and everyone I them have a lot of potential. Yes he missed on Washpun, Q, Miller, and Edwards, but 3 out of those 4 were just bodies to fill the roster out since he really didn't have anytime to build relationships.

Puh-lease. Martin was coaching prior to UT. The "no time to buid relationships" is a really bad excuse for his recruiting holes.

Richardson is solid but not a star.....stokes is solid but unfortunately not a star yet.....what has Reese,moore, and Yemi done to show a lot of potential.....we need solid recruits that are solid players not hopes and wishes.

Richardson is solid but not a star.....stokes is solid but unfortunately not a star yet.....what has Reese,moore, and Yemi done to show a lot of potential.....we need solid recruits that are solid players not hopes and wishes.

Richardson is not a star yet, but is starting and balling as a sophomore. He is one of the best all around players we have had in a while. Can shoot, learning to take it to the whole, and is one of the nest defenders in the league. 2nd year Yemi ha outplayed, outperformed 4 star Senior Kenny Hall many games and is improving his post game to go along with his already really good defense every game. Reese has showed his ability of being able to shoot, his high basketball IQ, good rebounding, passing, and the ability to be versatile with guarding multiplie positions. Moore has shown that he is not a pg, but looked pretty good today at the wing position. He needs a year or two though. One thing about Martins players besides being a good defender, is the ability to rebound the ball. All of them can do that.

And Stokes, what is there to complain about? Has he played as a 5 star one and done, like many thought, no...but is averaging 11 pts 8 boards a game. He will be a star when he is an upperclassman.

Last edited:
Richardson is not a star yet, but is starting and balling as a sophomore. He is one of the best all around players we have had in a while. Can shoot, learning to take it to the whole, and is one of the nest defenders in the league. 2nd year Yemi ha outplayed, outperformed 4 star Senior Kenny Hall many games and is improving his post game to go along with his already really good defense every game. Reese has showed his ability of being able to shoot, his high basketball IQ, good rebounding, passing, and the ability to be versatile with guarding multiplie positions. Moore has shown that he is not a pg, but looked pretty good today at the wing position. He needs a year or two though. One thing about Martins players besides being a good defender, is the ability to rebound the ball. All of them can do that.

And Stokes, what is there to complain about? Has he played as a 5 star one and done, like many thought, no...but is averaging 11 pts 8 boards a game. He will be a star when he is an upperclassman.

I agree stokes and Richardson are solid but yet to be determined if they can be a star yet.

Yemi avgs 9 min a game to 22 for hall....Yemi avgs 2 ppg and 3 reb a game.....there is a reason he does not play more .......Reese is shooting 31 % from the field and 27% from three.....Moore had a decent game today, his first of the yr but rarely sees much if any playing time. Could some of these be much better in a couple yrs.....sure but no guarantees.

We needed them to be solid players now and we would be a much better team. This is college basketball and freshman can come right in and perform at a decent level.

He'd be stupid to take a pay cut compared to what the UT buyout pays. But you never know, he might take it.

And when he leaves, will you be on the site for his new team promoting him as hard as you do here?

Actually knowing the way UT AD does contract he probably still gets his buyout even if he gets another HC job.

Actually knowing the way UT AD does contract he probably still gets his buyout even if he gets another HC job.

As bad as Hamilton was, I don't feel much better about Hart. Man, the way he handled that football coaching search was..... Wow. I think Butch Jones is a diamond in the rough, but still, the search was conducted horribly.

I'd be interested to see how this regime would handle a basketball search. Hopefully it doesn't come to that anytime soon.

As bad as Hamilton was, I don't feel much better about Hart. Man, the way he handled that football coaching search was..... Wow. I think Butch Jones is a diamond in the rough, but still, the search was conducted horribly.

I'd be interested to see how this regime would handle a basketball search. Hopefully it doesn't come to that anytime soon.

You don't fix Hamilton's reign of incompetence in a couple of years. UT didn't get to this point in a short amount of time. This has been building for years. You have to have total administration support from the top down and UT hasn't had that since Joe Johnson left years ago. Cheek is incompetent and him being in power is not good for UT. Hart can only do so much. He has to have the support and competence of the people above him too.

You don't fix Hamilton's reign of incompetence in a couple of years. UT didn't get to this point in a short amount of time. This has been building for years. You have to have total administration support from the top down and UT hasn't had that since Joe Johnson left years ago. Cheek is incompetent and him being in power is not good for UT. Hart can only do so much. He has to have the support and competence of the people above him too.

That's what I hate. There's no quick fix. Hamilton and company have destroyed this athletic program at every level, down to its very foundation. Like Hamilton, Cheek is awful. Unlike Hamilton, Cheek is still there, which scares the hell out of me.

You make a good point though. Maybe that awful coaching search wasn't all Hart's fault. I certainly hope that's the case. And if it is, then for the Lord's sake, get some people in there who know what they are doing. A school of our athletic standing should not have issues like this.

VN Store

Back