Books You've Read Recently

Read "Fire and Blood" by George RR Martin a couple of weeks ago. Disappointed, kinda like a history book written by a master for the Targaryan dynasty. More detail and some more info about Argon, first of his name, The Coqueror, but I already knew a lot about this stuff from the other 5 books in the series and especially, "The World of Ice & Fire". I think it was put out to satisfy us and make money until "The Winds of Winter" comes out. Probably after the HBO show finishes. If u are a die-hard, u will probably enjoy it, if not put it way down your list to read.

Started "Vanishing Act" by Thomas Perry. It's his Jane Whitefield series. Read one of the books in the series and loved it. So far, this one's been a page-turner, also. After I finish this one, I'll tell u all about it and maybe the most fascinating female lead character in this genre that I have read. I guarantee a couple of u all will dig it.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Recently read An American Tragedy, Henderson The Rain King, now reading The Twelve the 2nd book in The Passage Trilogy.

Last series I read was the Lost Fleet by Jack Campbell.

Not letting myself start the Witcher books until I pass my first A.R.E. test.

Just finished The twelve second in the passage trilogy. Reading either Freedom by Franzen or Carousel court next before reading the last book in the series.

Last series I read was the Lost Fleet by Jack Campbell.

Not letting myself start the Witcher books until I pass my first A.R.E. test.

Hey Louder...are those books what the video game series is based on? If i wanted a divorce, i qould have bought w2 and forsure w3....w3 looks amazing in every way. I would get addicted and never sleep tho..lol. only good thing about 2 back surgeries is putting 80 to 100 hours into Final Fantasy and Skyrim games...with no angry wife

Love listening to him preach. Great teacher.

David is an awesome teacher and preacher like you said. He breaks it down and explains how our Lord Jesus Christ was prophesied by the Old Testament and then the future coming of Christ from the Old Testament in such detail it amazes me. His message is clear that Christ died for us because God loves us and wants everyone to accept this free gift to cover our sins.

Reactions: give_him 6
The Pacific War Uncensored: A War Correspondent's Unvarnished Account of the Fight Against Japan
by Harold Guard (Author), John Tring (Author, Editor)

Recently finished "Man's search for meaning" by Viktor Frankl. It was an enlightening book. Viktor was a psychologist who survived Auschwitz

Just finished The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. For those of you that have read it, did you prefer Jordan's writing or Brandon Sanderson's, who finished the series by writing the last few books after Jordan died. I actually preferred Sanderson's.

Also just finished The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell and I recommend it.

Reactions: bignewt
The universal baseball association, a novel by robert coover,
he's hilarious and malicious
author of public burning, the best novel i've read since the end of the SEC basketball season

Re-reading The Innocents Abroad by Mark Twain. It is unbelievable how well his writing holds up. Absolutely hilarious stuff.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Haven't posted here in a while:

The Nineties by Chuck Klosterman is a great trip down memory lane.

Blood in the Garden is about the 90s Knicks and that was fun.

Where the Crawdads Sing is really good (soon to be a movie).

Blood, Sweat, & Chrome is about the making of Mad Max and it's one of the most entertaining books I've ever read.

Sapiens is a must-read, no matter how much you buy into it.

I've also read a lot of books about corporate cult leaders/white collar crime and I've got them ranked in order:

Cult of We (We Work)
Bad Blood (Theranos)
Billion Dollar Whale (Jho Low)
American Kingpin (Silk Road)
Black Edge (Steven A. Cohen)

Reactions: SamRebel35
Recently finished the Foundation series (the extended 7 book version) by Asimov. First I'd ever read his stuff. I really enjoyed it. Very epic in scope.

Reactions: franklinpence
Haven't posted here in a while:

The Nineties by Chuck Klosterman is a great trip down memory lane.

Blood in the Garden is about the 90s Knicks and that was fun.

Where the Crawdads Sing is really good (soon to be a movie).

Blood, Sweat, & Chrome is about the making of Mad Max and it's one of the most entertaining books I've ever read.

Sapiens is a must-read, no matter how much you buy into it.

I've also read a lot of books about corporate cult leaders/white collar crime and I've got them ranked in order:

Cult of We (We Work)
Bad Blood (Theranos)
Billion Dollar Whale (Jho Low)
American Kingpin (Silk Road)
Black Edge (Steven A. Cohen)

Sapiens: Is it more preachy or analytic in tone? I'm interested in it, but want to know what to expect.

Sapiens: Is it more preachy or analytic in tone? I'm interested in it, but want to know what to expect.

Analytical about the history of human beings. I wouldn't say it's preachy but he talks matter-of-factly about things with implications people will not like. Some of it's kind of boring. I didn't really care for the agriculture and economics stuff too much, but I loved the stoned ape theory and the stuff about how gossip is the tool by which large communities were made possible. Lots of fun things to think about.

Reading A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara can't tell yet if I like it or not.

BTW you all should be reading my latest novel.

Reading A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara can't tell yet if I like it or not.

BTW you all should be reading my latest novel.

Audio book? That's how most of my reading gets done. I can't seem to make much time for sitting and reading, these days.

VN Store

Back