Bluray/DVD Deals discussion

How many blus do you own? I'm at 223. Started buying Summer 2012.

:dunno: probably around 350 or so? :unsure: Some are double or triple packs or more that have more than one film like the Alfred Hitchcock: Essentials Collection or the Bond 50 Collection that has (22 Bond Films) minus Never Say Never Again and Skyfall

Another 50% off on select blurays at FoxConnect. Today only.

Promo code: THRIFTY

I ordered the following...

Bus Stop - $15.99
Niagara - $15.99
The Misfits - $12.99
Twelve O'Clock High - $12.99

Subtotal $57.96
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Discount (THRIFTY) -$28.98
Grand Total = $28.98

Bus Stop, Niagara and The Misfits complete my Marilyn Monroe collection for the time being and I just couldn't pass up Twelve O'Clock High a WWII flick that was nominated for Best Picture in 1949 starring Gregory Peck!

I saw where Bus Stop was scheduled on TCM but I don't remember the day of it's appearance. Maybe this weekend but not sure.

:dunno: probably around 350 or so? :unsure: Some are double or triple packs or more that have more than one film like the Alfred Hitchcock: Essentials Collection or the Bond 50 Collection that has (22 Bond Films) minus Never Say Never Again and Skyfall

Do you not use Bluray.com to manage your collection? That's how I keep up with it.

I didn't buy anything this time around. Kinda wanted to get Don Jon for $11 including tax but for some reason it doesn't deliver until May 6th? It's a preorder??

Releasing on Tuesday April 1st, 2014

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
The Pirate Fairy
47 Ronin
Fargo
Dragon Ball Z: Season 3
The Little Rascals: Save the Day (2014)
At Middleton
Psych: The Complete 8th Season (DVD)

Some other Blu-ray releases of note are:

The War Wagon (1967, John Wayne, Kirk Douglas) :good!:
Two Mules for Sister Sara (1970, Clint Eastwood, Shirley MacLaine):good!:
Joe Kidd (1972, Clint Eastwood, Robert Duvall):good!:
Norma Rae (1979, Sally Field)
No Holds Barred (1989, Hulk Hogan, Joan Severance)
King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962)
King Kong Escapes (1967)
War of the Worlds: Goliath (2012)
Seal Team 8: Behind Enemy Lines (2014)
WWE: Ultimate Warrior: The Ultimate Collection (2014)
PBS: Nature: Ireland's Wild River

targetad1_zpsd5515d3e.jpg

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues Target exclusive talking package (Blu+DVD+UV) $22.99

The Pirate Fairy w/ Target exclusive storybook & CD (Blu+DVD+DC+CD) $22.99

47 Ronin (Blu+DVD+UV) $22.99

The Little Rascals Save the Day (Blu+DVD+UV) $18.99

wallyad1_zps951915ee.jpg

wallyad2_zpscd371632.jpg

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu+DVD+DC) $16.96

Anchorman 1 & 2 Steelbook Walmart exclusive (Blu+DVD+DC) $24.96

bbyad1_zpsf350e51f.jpg

bbyad2_zpsf9dd739b.jpg

bbyad3_zps55579241.jpg

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu+DVD+UV) $16.99 release day only price ($19.99 after 4/1)

The Pirate Fairy w/ bonus wall decal set (Blu+DVD+DC) $22.99

47 Ronin (Blu+DVD+UV) $22.99
47 Ronin 3D (3D Blu+Blu+DVD+UV) $27.99

The Little Rascals Save the Day (Blu+DVD+UV) $19.99

Seal Team 8: Behind Enemy Lines (Blu+UV) $14.99

At Middleton $12.99

Nothing for me this week as for as new film releases. However I'll eventually pick these up...

The War Wagon (1967, John Wayne, Kirk Douglas)
Two Mules for Sister Sara (1970, Clint Eastwood, Shirley MacLaine)
Joe Kidd (1972, Clint Eastwood, Robert Duvall)

Nothing for me this week as for as new film releases. However I'll eventually pick these up...

The War Wagon (1967, John Wayne, Kirk Douglas)
Two Mules for Sister Sara (1970, Clint Eastwood, Shirley MacLaine)
Joe Kidd (1972, Clint Eastwood, Robert Duvall)

Gonna buy Wolf Of Wall Street today for $17.99 at BBY.

Do you download them to a home hard drive, or play them individually on a player.

I had a friend in Illinois that set up a home network and put all his movies, on the hard drive

Do you download them to a home hard drive, or play them individually on a player.

I had a friend in Illinois that set up a home network and put all his movies, on the hard drive
Individual disc! The hard drive intrigues me and have seen where some folks do that but I'm not sure how the picture quality stacks up to the actual Blu-ray discs. One reason why I refuse to do streaming (i.e. netflix/digital or ultraviolet) as the quality just isn't what the actual disc can produce.

he really liked it, and I watched a couple, and it seemed fine
but I'm not that picky either

COUPON DEAL:

Coupons.com

Nurse Jackie
$5.00
- Off Any Nurse Jackie Blu-ray or DVD!

Mad Men
$5.00
- Off Any Purchase of Mad Men Season 1-6 on Blu-ray or DVD!

The Sandlot
$2.00
- Off The Sandlot on Blu-ray!

Diary of a Wimpy Kid
$2.00
- Off Diary of a Wimpy Kid on Blu-ray!

This isn't really a good deal as it will probably be the same price during the next 50% off sale.

Today - 4/1/14 only - Norma Rae 50% off Fox.Connect
Per Fox Connect Facebook page.

$12.99
- 50%
$6.50 Total with Code

Celebrate the 35th Anniversary of Norma Rae. Available today on Blu-ray. Fight the power and take off 50% by entering Promo Code: UNION at checkout. (Today only)

Norma Rae 35th Anniversary

Gravity will be $15 at Target next week. Just a heads up for those waiting for a price drop. I know I was.

For those who are Indiana Jones fans, here's a great deal on the 'Complete Adventures' bluray pack on Amazon. $29.99 is the lowest price this has ever been. This seems to be a daily deal too, so it expires today.

Amazon.com: Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures [Blu-ray]

Thanks for the heads-up but I've seen these movies so many times now why in the heck would I buy them? That's probably why these are coming down in price. One's pretty much on TV every weekday or weekend.

Thanks for the heads-up but I've seen these movies so many times now why in the heck would I buy them? That's probably why these are coming down in price. One's pretty much on TV every weekday or weekend.

Its Blu-ray man! If you haven't seen them on Blu-ray its like watching them again for the first time! Blu-ray when given a great transfer and or restoration usually provides a better PQ than your typical HDTV broadcast.

One of the film sites I'm a member of rates all the the Indy films a 4.5/5 in Picture Quality with exception of Crusades which is given a rare 5/5!

Here is the first few sentences from the reviewer on the site for Raiders!

Replace the original production year of 1981 with 2012, show the Blu-ray, and those not in-the-know would not be any the wiser. Raiders of the Lost Ark looks like a brand-new movie. The frame-by-frame restoration is nothing short of a minor miracle for film fans and, if there was ever a list compiled of movies deserving -- demanding, even -- of the purest, most precise restoration possible, Raiders would be amongst them. The restoration, and its presentation on Blu-ray, does wonders for the film. Those who grew up watching it on television or on VHS in particular will be in for a treat, and even fans who purchased the DVD trilogy set from a few years back will instantly recognize the gargantuan improvement in picture quality. The movie plays even better with a clear, well-defined picture. Seeing it big and seeing it with this much attention to detail and with such a pure film-like picture quality is nearly akin to seeing it for the first time....

Its Blu-ray man! If you haven't seen them on Blu-ray its like watching them again for the first time! Blu-ray when given a great transfer and or restoration usually provides a better PQ than your typical HDTV broadcast.

One of the film sites I'm a member of rates all the the Indy films a 4.5/5 in Picture Quality with exception of Crusades which is given a rare 5/5!

Here is the first few sentences from the reviewer on the site for Raiders!

:clap: :drool:

VN Store

Back