BLo

I haven't kept up with the JUCO's this season.
any Fabyons out there?

I've been looking the last couple days trying to see what's out there, haven't found much yet. Obviously ship has sailed but Chris Jones would've been the perfect fit.

People can get mad at this next statement or say I'm an idiot...but with Chris Jones next year I'd pick us as the favorite for national champions.

I've been looking the last couple days trying to see what's out there, haven't found much yet. Obviously ship has sailed but Chris Jones would've been the perfect fit.

People can get mad at this next statement or say I'm an idiot...but with Chris Jones next year I'd pick us as the favorite for national champions.

CJ def held his own vs Joe Jackson.

Since we are talking about CJ. Look at Kevin Ware. I'm kinda glad we didn't get him, he looks like a prototypical Pearl recruit. Highly rated and athletic, but can't play baskeball. He is averaging like 4 ppg. ESPN has him listed as 6-2 and from NY. I thought he was from Georgia? That's the same Kevin Ware that was commited here right?

Since we are talking about CJ. Look at Kevin Ware. I'm kinda glad we didn't get him, he looks like a prototypical Pearl recruit. Highly rated and athletic, but can't play baskeball. He is averaging like 4 ppg. ESPN has him listed as 6-2 and from NY. I thought he was from Georgia? That's the same Kevin Ware that was commited here right?

Yea it's him. Not sure where the Bronx,NY came from.

BTO, what about other high school PGs. Jequan Lewis from Dickson is a verbal to VCU. Any PG that can play for Shaka can play for me. Also Travis Jorgenson from Columbia, Mo. Surely Cuonzo has a relationship with that kid from his days at Mizz St. His offer list is not shabby either and was committed to Mizzou for over a year. Is there any chance they are looking at Corn Elder as a PG. Elder has stated in interviews that basketball is his first love? All 3 are 3 stars and Jorgenson is top 150 at Rivals. Are any of these 3 upgrades over Landry?

BTO, what about other high school PGs. Jequan Lewis from Dickson is a verbal to VCU. Any PG that can play for Shaka can play for me. Also Travis Jorgenson from Columbia, Mo. Surely Cuonzo has a relationship with that kid from his days at Mizz St. His offer list is not shabby either and was committed to Mizzou for over a year. Is there any chance they are looking at Corn Elder as a PG. Elder has stated in interviews that basketball is his first love? All 3 are 3 stars and Jorgenson is top 150 at Rivals. Are any of these 3 upgrades over Landry?

Some good names you throw out there. IMO all 3 would be an upgrade over Landry. I'm guessing Lewis has signed. Travis could be an option though, but as of now hasn't been much with him and Tennessee. Elder is very solid, and a very quick guard..:he supposedly is looking to play basketball so I'm not sure how that's gonna unfold.

I wonder if the staff is wanting a JUCO PG that way they've got someone with some experience backing up golden, and not someone they've gotta break in as much.

Considering the state of the current team and the potential of next year's team with PG being thin, I would think the staff would be looking everywhere and anywhere for a second PG. Obviously a JUCO may be preferrable, but may be difficult to find a serviceable one this late in the game. If nothing else we could add another HS PG and part ways with Landry. We will have Golden and Lopez next year and a frosh PG could work his way into the lineup as the season progressed. It will be very interesting to see which way the staff goes.

Considering the state of the current team and the potential of next year's team with PG being thin, I would think the staff would be looking everywhere and anywhere for a second PG. Obviously a JUCO may be preferrable, but may be difficult to find a serviceable one this late in the game. If nothing else we could add another HS PG and part ways with Landry. We will have Golden and Lopez next year and a frosh PG could work his way into the lineup as the season progressed. It will be very interesting to see which way the staff goes.

They eventually need to stop the attrition, it's very high. I'd rather them part with Landry and go with golden and Lopez than take a shot on another 2 or 3 star PG project.

They eventually need to stop the attrition, it's very high. I'd rather them part with Landry and go with golden and Lopez than take a shot on another 2 or 3 star PG project.

Can't see that happening, though. Landry has no incentive to give up an SEC scholarship.

Can't see that happening, though. Landry has no incentive to give up an SEC scholarship.

Probably not, but if coach Martin says...travon look, we're gonna bring in another PG. we're also looking at bringing in a top flight 14 PG, so realistically you're gonna be 2nd or 3rd option for 4 years. If you want to reopen and look around we'll give you a full release...you don't think he'd consider it?

Probably not, but if coach Martin says...travon look, we're gonna bring in another PG. we're also looking at bringing in a top flight 14 PG, so realistically you're gonna be 2nd or 3rd option for 4 years. If you want to reopen and look around we'll give you a full release...you don't think he'd consider it?
Re-open to what? His marketability is pretty low right now, I'd guess. Walk away from an SEC ride, and at least a chance to prove the coach wrong, and take a shot that your next best option is D2 or JUCO or walk-on D1?

Re-open to what? His marketability is pretty low right now, I'd guess. Walk away from an SEC ride, and at least a chance to prove the coach wrong, and take a shot that your next best option is D2 or JUCO or walk-on D1?

No, he'd get D1 scholarships in a hurry. It might be low level, but he wouldn't be D2 bound.

In the end, he is only guaranteed one year. Scholarships are renewable annually. So, if Martin decides he can't hack it, he doesn't have to keep him. Not advised if you ever want to recruit Huntington Prep again, but an option.

VN Store

Back