Black Sails

Just started watching this show a couple of weeks ago and got fully caught up over the weekend. I can't say I'm thrilled with Flint's gay backstory; however, I do think they handled it pretty well, and it's not that far-fetched. In my opinion, the writing on this show is top-notch. It's dense, and you can't afford to miss what they are saying, ever. In that sense, it is similar to Game of Thrones. That kind of writing requires some skill and they do it well. I won't stop watching because of Flint's story, but I imagine plenty of others will.

Season finale was incredible. The gay affair backstory still didn't belong but the last two episodes have redeemed the season.

That LJS is a clever bastage. Guess we finally found out how he lost the leg. Now the eye . . . .

James... Spoiler alerts would be nice on things not yet revealed.

I have heard good and bad things about this show but I went a head and ordered Season One on Blu-ray for $10 during Best Buy's Black Friday sale yesterday!

I have heard good and bad things about this show but I went a head and ordered Season One on Blu-ray for $10 during Best Buy's Black Friday sale yesterday!

Season 1 is decent. Season 2 really took the show to new levels. The budget was obviously much higher in Season 2. The finale of Season 2 put this show among the elite shows out there.

Basically you may or may not care for Season 1. It was ok. Some poor acting at times, some cheesiness, some obvious signs of a low budget, etc. But stick with it. The payoff by the time Season 2 ended was well well worth it.

Season 3 two weeks from Saturday!!!!

This is probably the most underrated show out there right now.

I enjoyed it.

Certainly just more reintroductory than anything. It felt like the episode flew by.

In case any of you didn't pick it up, this is the 2nd season in a row where Jack's first scene of the season was him sitting on the toilet while someone interrupts him. I thought that was funny.

It was pretty good. The last season was saved by the final two episodes which were phenomenal.

It was pretty good. The last season was saved by the final two episodes which were phenomenal.

That's exactly what I tell everyone. The first season is ok, the second season is pretty good until the last two episodes. The last two episodes could rival any epic show out there.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I tell everyone. The first season is ok, the second season is pretty good until the last two episodes. The last two episodes could rival any epic show out there.

When he turns the ship back on the city, it was clear the ruthless Flint was back

Last edited:
By the way if any of you watched the trailer to this season, you'll see a scene where John Silver walks into a room and steps on a man's head with his peg leg, and kills him pretty graphically.

If you look closely and pause the trailer..... it's a pretty important character he kills. Just throwing that out there....

Solid first episode. It's strange watching John Silver transform from who he was in the beginning of season 1. Just FYI they added two episodes this season.

Solid first episode. It's strange watching John Silver transform from who he was in the beginning of season 1. Just FYI they added two episodes this season.

Sweet. Ready to see what Blackbeard brings to the season.

VN Store

Back