BJ Coleman (Merged)

Some people just want to rain on everyone's parade! Get on board or get off! Tired of all this neg crap!

And some people want to act they they know exactly what this coaching staff will do before anyone else.

We all have opinions. Don't act like yours is superior.

Some people just want to rain on everyone's parade! Get on board or get off! Tired of all this neg crap!

The real world hurts doesn't it? I'm not saying Coleman won't be the starter come fall, I'm just saying that this spring game will mean little to nothing in him getting there. I mean we didn't even run the offense that we will be running in the fall. There are just too many variables for people to start mancrushing this hard.

I also don't expect that anything I say will change anyone's mind.

The real world hurts doesn't it? I'm not saying Coleman won't be the starter come fall, I'm just saying that this spring game will mean little to nothing in him getting there. I mean we didn't even run the offense that we will be running in the fall. There are just too many variables for people to start mancrushing this hard.

I also don't expect that anything I say will change anyone's mind.

He is right. The QB job was not won or lost today. It was lost last year against AU.:cray:

I just looked up the definition of maturity. It said I couldn't believe in my own opinions.

I just looked up the definition of maturity. It said I couldn't believe in my own opinions.

If you didn't believe in your opinion then it wouldn't be your opinion. It's great to share your thoughts and let others take from it what they will. But to come on a message board and beat people over the head with it and whine if they don't agree is ridiculous.

That's my opinion.

BTW This thread has it all. You've even got people switching user names and pretending to validate "someone else's" statement just to make it look like someone agrees with them.

Last edited:
HORRAYYYYY...

He may not be able to throw the ball 40 yards, but by god he'll win us the post-game press conference!
Not sure what arm you see when he throws, but regardless. Heck, Jay Barker could'nt either....and Crompton could take a recievers hands off last year. What'd that getcha? The record books are full of QB's with strength challenged arms....very few of the reverse. I feel silly even mentioning that aspect, however, considering what his arm really is...which is PLENTY

Glad to see we did not learn from last year's O&W game...in that this game is not a very good indicator of how our offense will look or who our quarterback will be.

Everybody has their jump to conclusions mat out today. Punch Drunk like Chuck Lidell.

BTW This thread has it all. You've even got people switching user names and pretending to validate "someone else's" statement just to make it look like someone agrees with them.

Is that geared towards me b/c if so that's pretty funny. No one was even agreeing with me. I'm out for awhile. Must be a rule that if you're a new mod you have to lay down the law by crushing arguments that you don't agree with. You have a great night now.

Is that geared towards me b/c if so that's pretty funny. No one was even agreeing with me. I'm out for awhile. Must be a rule that if you're a new mod you have to lay down the law by crushing arguments that you don't agree with. You have a great night now.

Not at you in any way. I never stated an opinion on this matter so I really don't know what I could have "crushed".

Enjoy your evening.:hi:

Excuse me, has anyone seen the thread on BJ Coleman?

I thought both he and Crompton has good and not-so-good moments, and that Stephens is a bit behind. I agree that we need the best leader on the field with other factors being even.

BTW, in the QB argument, my guy has always been Stephens. He didn't look great today.

the only thing i wanted to get across was that i thought the guy had a good understanding of where we are as an offense, where he is as the qb, and what the process is/was/will be for determining how the offense will develop, with him as the qb or not.

i haven't seen the game yet, so i wasn't necessarily "endorsing" anyone for th starting job.

but having watched Kiffin's post game presser, i will only say that he was very adamant about the defense being restricted, so there's really not that much to take away from how anyone necessarily played, unless they played poorly. i don't get th feeling he felt Coleman or Crompton played poorly, but he did comment on the fact that Coleman's performance wasn't necessarily indicative of what they see in practice day to day.

I though coleman's response to that was good though. he basically said that's what practice is for. you practice what you learn, learn from your mistakes so when you get to game time you have it all worked out. Which is apparently the path he's been on.

all agreed that summer will be very important, BJ still expects to compete vigorously for the starting job, and believes he's more than capable of leading this team.

i think he's right about that, even if he's not the #1. which, i would still say Crompton is the front runner right now.

He was the only qb during the orange and white game that didn't throw any ill advised passes. His passes were not always perfectly on target, but he didn't throw into double or triple coverage either. If Stevens and Crompton don't get the mental part of this football thing worked out, then Coleman is going to be the guy.

about not throwing on target....i think one thing that's been missing from this offense over the last 4-5 years are wr's that will go get the ball. not every thrown is going to be in the bread basket. for this offense to excel, not just be competitive, you have to start seeing WR's go get balls that aren't great throws.

from what i've been able to read, it seems that happened a bit more yesterday.

VN Store

Back